Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
While I wait for Bob's IRC info, good news and bad.

Good news: The Monaco skin works again, thanks to someone who improved on mine and Dantman's forks and made a fork for MediaWiki 1.35+ The gadgets I wrote for the old version are partially functionally, the skin change gagdets work, but a few need adjustments for page width and color alterations for readability, the rest do nothing or are not needed (like the Admin Links Monaco enabler, supported by default now). Filed a few issue reports with the maintainer (who is also Miraheze Staff), should you wish use that skin, mostly suggestions to better integrate ManageWiki features for admins.

Bad news: Social Profile's Friend/Foe stuff is still unable to be excised via the backend (the settings don't work well apparently to disable things due to the way the extension was written), so I'm planning to thumb through the code and try disabling it via some CSS hacks. It's a ghetto solution, but the best I can do on my end. I also asked them to tweak a few other things to deter spammers from trying to sneak past Moderation using SocialProfile (Moderation only works for certain namespaces and the User Profiles of SP are not covered by its remit), which is theoretically possible. Enabled the User boards to be public for transparency reasons and to de-clog the sidebar, private ones will remain private (only you will see those and who you communicated with), tried to defang the friend/foe feature as much as is possible in the meantime to remove hassles, turns out the Miraheze guys got requests from other wikis to remove that feature too, so they are making it a priority to get that change pushed through. In the meantime, let me know if anything breaks.

Note: You can delete messages from User Boards if you do not wish to have them around for any reason, either public or private.

Brent, I added Capiunto and Variables Lua. The former provides infoboxes with Lua support, the latter future proofs Variables extension use with Scribunto support, which should be useful if you need to do further tweaks at a later date.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX - by GethN7 - 07-10-2021, 02:12 AM