Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
(07-10-2021, 06:41 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 02:12 AM)GethN7 Wrote: ... Bad news: Social Profile's Friend/Foe stuff is still unable to be excised via the backend (the settings don't work well apparently to disable things due to the way the extension was written), so I'm planning to thumb through the code and try disabling it via some CSS hacks. It's a ghetto solution, but the best I can do on my end. I also asked them to tweak a few other things to deter spammers from trying to sneak past Moderation using SocialProfile (Moderation only works for certain namespaces and the User Profiles of SP are not covered by its remit), which is theoretically possible. ...

I know I've asked this before, but considering it's now becoming a time sink, I'm going to ask again:

Why do we even use Social Profile?

I don't see anything in it that contributes to our core mission.

Package deal. Things we DO use or do find useful require aspects of SocialProfile (like user avatars). It also allows us to provide some user features on par with FANDOM and TV Tropes, especially the latter. Some parts of it are a pain, admittedly, but the Userboard allows for on wiki private messaging, which is TVT default feature, only ours is more secure.

The good news is that the SP extension is now receiving high level attention and as soon as they can excise the parts we don't want, it is a priority to provide that.

Also, Gethbot is back to work. If you guys need a bot job for something, let me know.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX - by GethN7 - 07-10-2021, 10:03 AM