Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
(07-16-2021, 07:58 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(07-16-2021, 07:24 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: While I have no problems with a page that starts with a "please format your request like this" layout under which requests are just typed in, we all know from long experience that if a user has a chance to ignore such a thing, they will.  Is there a way to do an actual fill-in-the-blanks submission form with required fields that will automatically alert the staff to the request?  (EDIT:  I should probably know this, but I'm so much a content guy that I've only made the barest looks under the hood.)

Meta has a "request a wiki" form. Maybe we could ask them what we need to install to make our own. EDIT: No, wait - their form appears to go to email, not to a wiki page.

Well, they have archives of what they used before they switch to the current format, looking at those could give us a skeletal template to flesh out.

Also, the proposal for grandfathering in all existing bots and their owners and granting all their owners rollback rights should be officially included in the proposal because that is going to be needed for guys like Damian, who otherwise would be cut out of the currently proposed bylines. I have added a proposed clause to address this as an amendment to rule 7.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX - by GethN7 - 07-16-2021, 01:29 PM