Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
And now for something completely different.

While updating our instructions on how to add an image to a page, I reminded myself that we only have two Infoboxes so far: Book and Episode (recap).

I'm thinking the next Infobox should be Franchise... and, since I make the Infoboxes, well...

What do we want in it?

Title, Image, and Caption are built in to the code - every Infobox gets those. On the other hand, they don't count toward the maximum 99 rows of possible headers and fields combined. Everything else is open for debate.

A list of works in the franchise is a given. How many do we want to be able to list, to begin with? The absolute minimum is three, for a trilogy, but Trilogy Creep is a thing (with a trope page)... And, as mentioned above, there's a maximum of 99 rows, so loading up the list of works would make it impossible to add other lines if we forgot something.

Central Theme and Elevator Pitch are on every other infobox. I'm thinking that we should be consistent.

Do we want to list the franchise's Creator? It makes sense for trilogies, but not so much for Expanded Universes - especially the merchandise-driven EUs.

And what am I forgetting that should be included?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX - by robkelk - 07-19-2021, 07:45 AM