Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
(05-16-2021, 05:53 PM)robkelk Wrote: I seem to recall that somebody was worried about updates to ATT being copied over to TVT without attribution. Is this still a concern?

Because, if it is, we should create a page for George P. Burdell, based on what his Wikipedia page says he's accomplished, and see what happens. Of course, anybody clicking through our page to his Wikipedia page will see why they shouldn't copy the ATT page over to TVT...

A propos of nothing, I just discovered that Princeton has (had?) its own mythical alumnus, Adelbert L’Hommedieu X. Hormone, class of 1917:

Quote:Bert to his old classmates, a rogue, adventurer, and infinitely loyal son of Nassau. ... Hormone lived in Bali, where he ran a bar (he taught the house band to play “Old Nassau”). His biography included some mundane details for plausibility: He had red hair, had roomed in Edwards Hall, and had been in constant trouble with the deans for undergraduate rowdiness. His letter, which Smith wrote, appeared in the Jan. 17 (1936) issue of the Alumni Weekly: “I won’t bore you with my wanderings since leaving Princeton. I’ll just mention a few highlights. In the fall of ’16, following a night with a crowd of Limey sailors in a Marseilles bordello, I woke up to discover that I was a private in the Foreign Legion.” After adventures in Africa, Australia, and Malaysia, he lost two digits in a sailing accident, reaping an insurance payout that he used to open his Balinese bar.

The article is a fun read, and I'm thinking of adding him to the Invented Individual page.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX - by Bob Schroeck - 07-21-2021, 01:00 PM