Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
(07-22-2021, 07:53 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Sorry, Geth, didn't mean to spaz at you. 

I've been undoing Cwf1997 damage all afternoon and evening and it's been getting to me.  How did we let so much utterly incoherent text get added to the wiki?  The man wrote so poorly it's hard to believe he was the native speaker of English he claimed to be.  It starts at the smallest things -- he apparently had no grasp whatsoever of what prepositions mean -- he would use them interchangeably, as though they all meant the same thing and the choice of what to write was purely artistic or something.  And it just gets worse from there.

Nah, it's understandable. I'm confining further testing entirely to my localhost wiki and rewriting the localhost copy of the main page and community portal from the ground up, found a fix for Tabber not working on mobile too, my ideal is to get both Tabs and Tabber working nice on mobile so mobile users have no busted tab formatting anywhere, turns out both look absolutely hideous on mobile and plan to write up a new policy page for usage of either so people can set up pages without horrid issues on either desktop or mobile formatting.

I'll post some test pictures of the fixed versions when it's ready, then port them to the actual wiki if they meet approval.

As for Cwf1997, if they can't edit worth beans, then all their garbage should be nuked from orbit, I share your frustration on that entirely.

Update: My locahost testing is going well, but one of the options causes my entire install to spaz out, so I may need to remove one of the options we currently have using the DynamicPageList extension since the fixed version that works on mobile will crash the wiki otherwise (seems to be a rights issue). More updates when I finish nailing down the issue, but so far looks like the mobile fixes will work wonderfully.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX - by GethN7 - 07-22-2021, 08:02 PM