Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
request: add "Monospace" to the fonts list
request: add "Monospace" to the fonts list
This will let the text be styled with whatever the user has set for a monospace font in their browser, whether it's Courier New or not. Ideally I'd say that Sans Serif, Serif, and Monospace should be at the top of the list, but if it auto-sorts that may not be possible.

It's hardly a major issue, but since I'm picky about fonts and don't allow pages to specify their own it matters at least a little, to me, and if there's one thing I know about the internet it's that you're never the only one.
--
‎noli esse culus
RE: request: add "Monospace" to the fonts list
Okay, a quick check shows me I can do that, but that'll have to wait until tonight or later, depending on my free time.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Thanks. Once it's available, I'll use it...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Cool beans.
--
‎noli esse culus
Okay, I've added a Monospace.ttf to the forums, but I think I need more information where you want to see it. I may need to make further edits.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I just meant to include in the drop-down an option that inserts the tag [font=monospace]blah blah blah[/font]

like this: blah blah blah

It still shows the font I have specified (Monodeco) even with "allow pages to choose their own fonts" turned on, so I'm pretty sure it's not calling for any specific font, just the browser's configured monospace font. Of course, I have no idea how the forum works on the back end, so maybe you need an actual font file to get it on the list?

Al l I know is that if I tell it to use Courier New with the same tag ([font="courier new"]) with my usual settings that disable web page specified fonts it continues using the the normal sans serif from my preferences (ie Oxanium, a variable width font even if most letters are x-width) while the font=monospace tag works as intended.
--
‎noli esse culus
(05-10-2021, 04:44 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Okay, I've added a Monospace.ttf to the forums, but I think I need more information where you want to see it.  I may need to make further edits.

It isn't yet showing up where I expected to see it. The arrow shows where in the dropdown menu it should have appeared:

--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
No, it wouldn't. I have to figure out what component of the boards to modify so as to add the font there.

You do realize, though, that Courier New is a monospaced font? I presume that won't serve for your purposes?
-- Bob

As I said, specifying it as a font rather than the generic style does nothing. It's not a big deal if it's going to be a hassle a hassle to figure out, though.
--
‎noli esse culus
No, I can't (easily, simply) add a font type as an option. I can add a specific font, which I what I did last night, but I then need to edit various templates to make it available.
-- Bob