Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COVID-19 Check-In Thread Part IV
RE: COVID-19 Check-In Thread Part IV
I got my second booster today. Bracing for a couple of days of misery where I don't accomplish much while my left arm b*tches at me about the shot.
I marginally tested positive at work yesterday and I'm current feeling grotty.
We got our second boosters a few weeks back... no real body reactions outside of the excessively tender injection site.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
I have to say that my reaction to this shot was milder than previous shots. The injection site is still tender, but I actually have to touch it to feel anything, unlike the earlier vaccinations.
Spent the weekend feeling really grotty. I'm fairly ill and tested VERY positive. As in the test line looked almost black.
Bleagh. Well, here's hoping you have a quick and easy recovery, Jinx.
--
‎noli esse culus
Yes, take care and feel better fast.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
My employer announced earlier this week that as of Tuesday we will no longer have to submit daily proof of our COVID status prior to being allowed into the building. Being in the office is still voluntary.
I have a full-team meeting this coming week for which I am encouraged to attend in person.
In the past few months I have received other vaccinations (shingles and Hep B) and my COVID booster is due in August.

Kilroy
Well, it took a trip overseas to finally get me, even after four vaccinations. I tested positive on Monday after we got back from Scotland. It feels like every cubic centimeter of my sinuses are inflamed. My girlfriend has it too; we thought it was just a severe allergic reaction to something when it started on Sunday.
Well, I was confirmed as being infected yesterday. Am isolating now. Quite bothersome...
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"
Troublesome, but at least it's a well known process now. Here's hoping for a speedy and painless recovery!
--
‎noli esse culus
(08-06-2022, 11:03 AM)classicdrogn Wrote: Troublesome, but at least it's a well known process now. Here's hoping for a speedy and painless recovery!

Thanks.  Symptoms seemed to be much lesser if not present now (Monday morning), so that's a sign.  Ontario insists on a five-day isolation protocol, so since symptoms came out on Thursday just past (day 0), I should be free to move about (with mask) on Wednesday.

Good, I've got a doctor's appointment that day.
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"
Well, here it is on Tuesday, symptoms are all gone save the diarhea (which I tend to suffer from a lot, so it's not a COVID-valid syndrome to me) and I got a negative on the instant test before I go see my family doctor tomorrow morning.
So my employer, in the person of the Chief Product Officer (now also Senior Vice-President of Engineerg,) announced this past week that starting the week of 9/12, people are expected to be present in the office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.

Kilroy.
With a mask mandate at minimum I'd hope, else they're just asking you to gamble with your life.
Just as an update, Peg and I got our latest COVID booster Sunday morning, were totally out of it for the rest of the day, and were not terribly inclined to do much of anything yesterday either. But today we're back to fine.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Today's my anniversary date at the office - 35 years with the same employer. I celebrated by getting a COVID booster and a flu shot.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
You've been in that job almost as long as I've been alive.

You probably don't want to hear that.

The Covid pandemic is over here. It's in the endemic phase now. It seems strange to even see it mentioned.

Everyone has respiratory viruses now. Except me. I never get sick. I get tired, angry, occasionally ideational and poison meself with the drink but never sick.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
(11-10-2022, 05:46 PM)robkelk Wrote: Today's my anniversary date at the office - 35 years with the same employer. I celebrated by getting a COVID booster and a flu shot.

My turn to get a Covid booster. Got shingles vax while I was at it. Now I need a flu shot. Odds that I get it before I need to go to Boston?
From this article - the obituary ran last Saturday.

[Image: perry-handleman-obituary.JPG]
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
It's been five months since we've had an update in this thread. Unless anyone has a reason not to, I think it's time to unpin it from the top of the forum. As I read not too long back, the pandemic has become endemic, and we seem to have reached steady state of sorts what with the level of vaccination and other measures. It's not gone, but it's not the rampaging terror it was three years ago.
-- Bob

And with no comments either way in the past near-month, I'm unpinning the thread. Stay safe and healthy everyone.
-- Bob