Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COVID-19 Check-In Thread Part IV
RE: COVID-19 Check-In Thread Part IV
Weekly check-in.  Still going to work, still feeling fine.
*waves, prepares for D&D game*
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
I'm now eligible for my second dose, just got to get an appointment.
Dinner went okay (though the Chocolate Stampede was not necessarily a good idea for me, let alone my celiac mother). My brother (and, hopefully, my older nephew) will be coming over tomorrow to help with, among other things, relocating an entire dresser (whose individual drawers are already at the new place). On Tuesday, my dad gets out of rehab, on the grounds that they think they've done all they can for him.
Got my 2nd dose scheduled, July 9
So most branches of the Philadelphia public library are closed due to Covid including the one nearest me. All of them were closed at the beginning of the pandemic but then the city opened a few select branches for people to pick up holds by appointment. I got a book that way and it was due to be returned yesterday. I got to the relevant branch (the only one I consider to be in walking distance other than the one nearest me) only to find that not only was the building closed due to me getting there after hours, but the book drop was padlocked shut. Apparently, that branch is closed for reasons unrelated to the pandemic, and I need to find someplace else to return the book. Fortunately, the library has eliminated late fees.
Still here. Still alive. Not working - today's a holiday, and tomorrow and next week I'm on vacation.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
So very long since my last checkin. ...

Only mostly still the same old story; going into work (I.e. changing rooms in the house), and still in good health.
City avoided most of the flooding the thunderstorms caused everybody around us, it seems.

The difference: State government lifted the prioritisation schedule last Saturday, I got my appointments that day after breakfast, and my first shot Tuesday this week (Jun 29). Second shot to come in August. Very happy, in my muted fashion.

Not that the day-to-day will change, keeping the mask well on.
----
Web Home
It's been a few days, so just figured I should

[Image: McMurrayHatchery-Blue-Cochin-Bantam.jpg]

chick en Cool
--
‎noli esse culus
<rimshot>
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Thanks for the reminder to check in on the chick en
----
Web Home
Poke.
Poke.

Still surviving. Going to do some socially distanced pinball tomorrow with friends, since we can rent a "pod" of machines at a venue.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Right, I've not checked in for a week.  Stil going to work, still OK.
Vaccinations in the chemist opened up for the 18-34 year olds. They made the annoucement while I was working. By the time I finished what I was doing all the slots were gone. Like going to the off license in the evening on a signing day.

HSE vaccinations for my group start registration next week, with a bit of luck.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
I'm still here. For all that Philly has lifted mask requirements for the vaccinated, the public transit system and many stores still seem to be requiring them.
just got my 2nd shot
Yay!
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Still here. Just had my latest doctor's appointment. At the moment, there's no new data, which means... we don't actually know what that means. Smile Just keep treading water and doing what I"m doing. At the moment that largely consists of the DASH diet and 5km walking per day. The goal is to be the best transplant recipient I can be.

On that note, I was given a colossal piece of Cosmically Good Luck today: I'm AB+, which means I'm a Universal Recipient. I can accept transplants from all blood types. So my odds of finding a suitable match are a lot higher now.

My second Covid shot is scheduled for the 17, so about a week from now. Otherwise, still going.
Dad got out of rehab on the 29th; we celebrated by taking him to the Applebee's around the corner for lunch (bacon cheeseburgers for him and me, Tex-Mex shrimp bowl for mom). It remains to be seen how rehabilitated his legs and head really are.
(07-09-2021, 04:57 PM)Dragonflight Wrote: My second Covid shot is scheduled for the 17, so about a week from now. Otherwise, still going.

So you'll be finished your two-week post-shot incubation period about when I get my second jab. And two weeks after that, I should be able to start showing you anime in person... (Nanoha movies first, right?) It's going to be odd visiting somebody outside my immediate family after seventeen months.

Oh, yes: Still alive, well, and of slightly-larger than normal size. Finishing off my summer vacation this weekend.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
I wouldn't recommend visiting here. If I could afford to move out of this place, I would. I'd never have guests over here. We may need to find some alternate arrangement. Smile
Still here. Nothing special to report.
Likewise, just muddling along., At least it's been cool, but aside from the immediate comfort long lasting "unseasonable" disrupted weather patterns are something of a cause for concern in themselves.
--
‎noli esse culus
Every single person I know now either has one dose, or two. I'm the last one remaining. Typical.

The oulfella's got his vaccine pass though. I've got photoshop. That'll have to do, I guess.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
My second dose was moved up to earlier this week. Just left me with a sore arm and a mild fever. So nothing to report there.