Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COVID-19 Check-In Thread Part IV
RE: COVID-19 Check-In Thread Part IV
Still here. Philly is now calling for masking up indoors.
(08-16-2021, 06:20 PM)Inquisitive Raven Wrote: Still here. Philly is now calling for masking up indoors.

Ontario never stopped.

And I'm still here.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Oh man, and here I was hoping the road trip I am about to leave on would get me away from all of that.

Silly me.

Does mean I'll probably not be posting till I get back though.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
So it's time again.  Still going into work, still fine.
Vaccinated.

Life is going back to normal.

Most cases are sort of 'damp-squids'. We're massively vaccinated in this State now and still accelerating. We're onto the kids now.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Still keeping on. It looks a little like our numbers are also accelerating a bit here in Colorado; I think more and more people are seeing evidence that this thing IS coming for them as people around them drop like flies and are hospitalized, plus we're on track for the vaccines to have proper approval.

Appallingly, we've got something like 22% of cases are actually breakthrough cases, although again those are just confirmed cases, and are just those who get mildly ill or with someone who gets mildly ill and wind up getting tested.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Still here, still green. It ain't easy bein' green.

Seeing a lot more masks for the first time in a while...

Distant cousin and her son have the virus. Her son convinced her the vaccination was a *quote*scam*unquote* and they didn't get it. And she is a _nurse_.
“In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
“They opened up a can’a dumbass!” – Jon Stewart regarding Fox News, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
Still here. Got my vaccination record from the city. Now to get it to the gym.

Edit: Made it to the gym today. Turned out they didn't need to see a picture of the back of the vaccination card, just the front.
Still here, still ticking. Given the overall state of things with regards to the Delta wave (and now there's apparently talk of a Lambda wave,) I suspect a booster shot is imminent this fall sometime. More to look forward to. Tongue
Lambda wave?

Still here, still working... need to train my assistant this on another part of my job so that he can take over for me when I'm on vacation next week.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Despite the best efforts of the Governor and co-conspirators I'm still around and still healthy. I also spent a week working out where the heck the safe and obvious place I'd put my vaccination card was just in case booster shots end up being a thing.

As mentioned in my post in July the Governor gave an anti-mask-mandate order, however work's lawyers apparently spent a while pouring over the exact wording of the order and issued what they're considering to be a non order-violating mask mandate.
Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.
Well, it's time again to put forth the signal that I am still alive and goignto work.

Or I could be a bot. That seems equally likely in my mind.
Sadly, I am neither 'bot nor 'con, nor even an unaligned cybertronian. You may be assured that should any form of mind upload or Pretender/*-Master technology become available, I will be among the first volunteers.
--
‎noli esse culus
Have spent the last two weeks coughing up the weird thick green goo.

Not like Covid cough, but just the cough I usually get every few months. This stuff could function as an industrial adhesive.

Needless to say it gets me the worst of the dirty looks.

Certain it's not Coronavirus because I've had better levels of energy and less of a brain-cloud for the last two-weeks.

Otherwise, shit's normal for me now.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Still here. Not much else going on.
Despite the cost of living, I keep doing it.
Still here, still kickin' ass.

Sure, it's my own, but everybody starts somewhere.
“They opened up a can’a dumbass!” – Jon Stewart regarding Fox News, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
Still here. No real Covid related news, but I managed to bang up my knee over the weekend.
I AM HERE! ...to check in!
(pout)
You took my idea DeputyJones

And I don't really have a back up.

Whatever, I'm going into work and people are there so I'm moral enough to check I'm OK before going in.  (Even if I don't want to go in.  Need Holiday, but am office sitter.)
I have returned... from vacation. If you missed me, aim better next time!

Still alive. Still no cake.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Still chugging along, although certainly my mental status has started to fray at the edges as I deal emotionally with the fact that some people out there are much more concerned about appearances and personal "liberty" (hint: the virus don't care and will take your liberty from you by either putting you into medical debt that you'll never recover from, crippling you for life, both of those together, or taking your actual life) than they are about keeping a properly functioning society (read: my bodily autonomy absolutely fucking outweighs the need to put this virus thing to pasture by getting two shots in six weeks).
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
That is sooo frustrating. I'm still here, but right now my isolation is being enforced by a dodgy knee. I'm finally seeing someone on Monday.

Edit to add (9/23): Saw the MD; I'm getting an X-ray tomorrow. Of course, the hospital has a mask requirement.
Still here. Still alive. Actually talked face-to-face today with somebody I hadn't seen all pandemic -- at a distance, of course.

Just re-downloaded my vaccination receipts, because the provincial government is now digitally signing the PDFs. (For folks in Ontario, the download site is https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/ -- have your health card ready.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Yeah, I DL'd my receipts today too