Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A thought regarding attacks
A thought regarding attacks
In Sword Oratoria, spells cast by elfs require a magic circle. The setting has Instant Runes, so they don't need to draw the circle, but they do need to concentrate on maintaining it or the spell fizzles. The "Concurrent Casting" technique lets a spellcaster delay the appearance of the Instant Runes to near the end of the casting. As soon as the story's deuteragonist Lefiya learns the technique and is able to move around (or play dead) while casting, she goes from being a Glass Cannon to being Little Miss Badass.

"But that's in that story, and this subforum's about a completely different story," I hear you say.

The basic principle still applies. Immobile mages - and immobile magical girls - are obvious targets. Mobility provides strength.

Consider how many of the Sailor Senshi's canon attacks are of the "pose, point, and speak a trigger phrase" variety, leaving them open to quick counterattacks because they're just standing there. This isn't much of an issue in canon when they're only going up against harvester youma, but the story's already diverged from canon in that Beryl's ordered bodyguard youma be deployed to protect the harvesters.

Can Doug help the Senshi get rid of the "pose" part of their rituals, and let them be able to use run-and-gun or attack-from-behind-cover tactics against the bodyguards?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: A thought regarding attacks
<smiles knowingly>
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: A thought regarding attacks
*fake female voice* Tease!
“In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
“They opened up a can’a dumbass!” – Jon Stewart regarding Fox News, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein