Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Sailor Senshi Sports
More Sailor Senshi Sports
Well, I'm sure everyone remembers Evgenia Medvedeva and her Sailor Moon-inspired ice skating routine (and subsequent "Sailor Moon on Ice" show).

Well, I'll see your Moon and raise you all five inner senshi.

The Uzbekistani Olympic Rhythmic Gymnastics team has a five-girl floor routine done (in part) to "Moonlight Densetsu" in Senshi-inspired costumes.  I have yet to find footage of their performance at the Olympics, but here they are earlier this year in a competition in Belarus:

(And yeah, I know, they don't have individualized costumes to mark them as the various senshi.  But they should have.  <grin>)
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: More Sailor Senshi Sports
I forgot to note there that apparently the current Olympics has been host to numerous anime (and similar) references, starting right from the medley of anime theme tunes that was part of the opening ceremonies. But there were also homages to shows like Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Witcher. And the Chinese 4x100m team did the Dragon Ball "Kamehameha" pose before their race. And the Italian guy who took the gold in the men’s 20km walk apparently crossed the finish line doing some kind of pose from One Piece's Luffy? And I heard something about an American swimmer done up as Sailor Mercury...
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I found a video of the performance. I am leaving a link to the raw .mp4 of it, which should be downloadable, or viewable in any modern browser, but I'll put into spoilers tags just in case. Because:

WARNING! The link goes straight to a video of the gymnastics performance, which should be all right, but the site it is hosted in is very much NSFW , so take that into account when opening or downloading it!

Here's a link to a SFW site with an article that includes a lower-res twitter video of the performance, with japanese commentary. And some clearer pictures of their costumes.

https://nerdist.com/article/sailor-moon-...-olympics/