Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GrimDark?? Just a thought
GrimDark?? Just a thought
It is the 41st Millenium.

For ten centuries, the God Emperor of Mankind has watched immobile from his Golden Throne.

It is a time of teeming trillions toiling about their days in peace - in hives, on farms, in cities and forges and starships. For every world which dies screaming in the pyres of exterminatus or is touched by the flames of war, a million more spin peacefully around warm suns scarcely aware of the horrors of the void beyond. For every heretic, seditionist or arsonist in the dark, a million faithful hold the line against the night. For every craven coward hiding from their duty and crying against their fate, a hundred step forth on far foreign worlds certain that the home they would never see again and those they still loved would be next if they don't.

The bonds of brother and sister, of common humanity still remain. Parents wish for a better future for their children. Where there are wars against heresy and xenos, there were those who wage their wars of Faith against the ravages of disease and famine. The pen of the mundane adept which condemns thousands in callous error guards millions through thankless diligence.

The Emperor's divine hand touches the living souls of those in need, bestowing upon them the strength to endure even where they alone could not hope succeed.

Even against the Grim Darkness of the far Future, the best angels of humanity still shine.

So long as that remains true, there is still hope.
------

If I can bring Grimdark to to a happy go-lucky setting ----   why not do the opposite?

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
RE: GrimDark?? Just a thought
I feel like I've seen this before. Did you post it somewhere else a while ago? (As in months+)
--
‎noli esse culus
RE: GrimDark?? Just a thought
Probably did. I've fiddled with it before.

It's always an amusing idea. The original GrimDark, really isn't when you apply statistics to it. And sure, it seems, GW are moving the plot on again

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.