Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki, part II
RE: [OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki, part II
New character type: {{artist}}

I've already tagged the Comic Party characters who should get it.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Is it based on self-determination or actual skill? Because there's that one girl who's just terribly bad at it...
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(10-14-2022, 12:43 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Is it based on self-determination or actual skill?  Because there's that one girl who's just terribly bad at it...

What, just one? Smile

I let Subaru have it, so "self-determination"... for now.

EDIT: On second thought, you're right. Actual skill.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I've got the wiki down to four redlinks spread across ten pages. Two of the redlinks are for two of Labster's more nebulous story ideas, the rest are for two of Bob's story ideas. Here's the list for folks who can access it.

EDIT: Since we're still finishing off the post-retcon introductory story, I don't expect anything to happen with this list for a while yet.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(10-21-2022, 06:23 PM)robkelk Wrote: I've got the wiki down to four redlinks spread across ten pages. Two of the redlinks are for two of Labster's more nebulous story ideas, the rest are for two of Bob's story ideas. Here's the list for folks who can access it.

EDIT: Since we're still finishing off the post-retcon introductory story, I don't expect anything to happen with this list for a while yet.

"Priestess of the Stars" has six and a half kilobytes written, but it is still a bit nebulous in that I'm not quite sure where it's going next, and it also depends on how Moonbase Alpha is introduced and when.   "A Day at the Races" is sort of a joke, given that a story with the same title was tagged "Coming Soon" over at the Eyrie for over ten years.  That said, there's actually four kilobytes of it written.  A sample:

Quote:Aika demanded, "So where's my million dollars?"

Tomo pulled the wallet out of the back of her pants, and started rummaging through.  "Now where is it?"  Aika's smirk just got wider.  "Ah!  Here you go!"  She handed over a single, slightly soggy banknote.

"What?  One Million Zimbabwe Dollars?" Akia read aloud.

Tomo proudly decreed, "Paid in full!"

"Wait, how much is this even worth?"

Chiyo asked, "Have you ever heard the term 'hyperinflation'?"
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
New GnP official reference t0 go through when somebody has a moment: Character birthday calendar

I count 117 characters on the calendar.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
People with access to the wiki might notice that its name is now retcon-compliant.

I repeat my promise that folks will have something to read here before Christmas 2022.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Aargh!

Important safety tip: If one creates a namespace with the same name that is used as a prefix for existing pages in the Main namespace, those pages will be lost. Even if you subsequently remove the new namespace.

Yes, I did just lose a half-dozen "Draft" stories. Including the Halloween story.

Entering a Phabricator ticket to see whether we can get them back...

EDIT: ticket
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Recent Changes is working* again. Just don't set it longer than 7 days and you'll be fine.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(12-10-2022, 04:14 AM)Labster Wrote: Recent Changes is working* again.  Just don't set it longer than 7 days and you'll be fine.

Seven days and 50 changes, that is.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Recent Changes is completely back, with 180 days and 500 changes returning a results list again.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
And the missing pages are back and editable.

Now I have a project: Clean up the fallout from this mess. After the introductory story has been posted.

So "wiki organization" is something we can discuss at the weekly meeting this week...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown