Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki, part II
RE: [OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki, part II
How's the middle of November 2016 sound? We don't have any other displacees showing up that month, save for at the very end, and it postdates the Grimm attack in Venice, so we know we have Grimm around for them to defend Atlanta from.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
We have a four-day stretch at November 16-19 with nothing described as happening yet - not even a character's birthday. Anybody have a favourite day in that span?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Interesting website.

On a lark, I decided to look up who was born on my birthday. Turns out the main protagonist of this 4-koma was born September 28th as well...
https://mangadex.org/title/d4ff7502-b5d4...ado-mazoku

(Basic premise? The protagonist wakes up one morning to find that she's sprouted horns and a tail. The only way to fix it? Defeat their local hero magical girl... who is a quirky, yet loving personality who goes out of her way to help the protagonist because she's cursed to have to live on $400/month. Did we also mention that she fucking ridiculously stronk? Even when not transformed?)
If you like that, you might like this tool as well. Anime News Network Encyclopedia has a "Compare Credits" feature, where they'll build a list of works that have two or more particular people in them. Go to the encyclopedia page of each person you want on the list and click on "Compare Credits" in the upper-right corner of the page to add the person to the list.

Here's the list for the original Japanese members of Hokago Tea Time, in which we discover that there are two series that I've seen that almost but don't quite get the band back together: Mio's seiyuu did not voice a character in A Certain Scientific Railgun S, and Yui's seiyuu did not voice a character in Yumeiro Pâtissière.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Writing pages for the wiki is pretty useful for ideas, because the format asks useful questions.  Unlike our other writers who magicians and espers across the seas, I usually have to ask the question, "Does this person even know they're in another universe?"  And the answer was no... except for one, because of that 2016 trademark lawsuit against the government.  And suddenly I realize that the most likely consequence of this is: A middle-aged park ranger plucks a single wild rose from the ground, and places it in her pocket.  She then recites a brief spell, pulls a sword from her colleague's breast, and charges towards a grimm.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
We now have a page for Eddie Wilson, along with some arrival information.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(05-08-2022, 11:09 PM)Labster Wrote: Writing pages for the wiki is pretty useful for ideas, because the format asks useful questions.

Thank you!
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Two new character-type tags on the wiki: {{criminal}} and {{police}}. Currently being populated, then I start thinking about {{military}}.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(05-10-2022, 09:08 PM)robkelk Wrote: Two new character-type tags on the wiki: {{criminal}} and {{police}}. Currently being populated, then I start thinking about {{military}}.

I've started {{military}}, and tagged the Hanagumi, the Browncoats, the MITHRIL folks, and our one past Navy apartment manager. (Yes, the description says "is or was".) Who else gets the tag?

EDIT: Answering my own question, the three army officers from Steel Angel Kurumi, for a start...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Are we going to be using {{Cyber Intelligence}} for androids like the Steel Angels and Eimi Yoshikawa, or is there an {{Android}} template on your to-do list?

Similarly, will there be a {{Cyborg}} template, for characters like Beatrice and Nuku-Nuku?
-- Bob

If one looks at Kurumi's and Karinka's pages (and one really should, since I just added images to them), one will see that they're already tagged with {{Cyber Intelligence}}. So is Saki, but her page doesn't have an image yet.

{{Cyborg}} is waiting solely on a decent icon. We already have three pages with the raw category.
* robkelk adds the category to Beatrice and Nuku^2's pages
Five, sir!
Five pages.

EDIT: Another tag we need is {{scientist}}, for Washuu-chan and less-great scientific geniuses.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I'm almost certain that template wasn't on Kurumi's and Karinka's pages when I wrote that, but I'll accept the possibility that I somehow overlooked it.
-- Bob

(05-11-2022, 05:11 PM)robkelk Wrote: EDIT: Another tag we need is {{scientist}}, for Washuu-chan and less-great scientific geniuses.

The {{scientist}} tag now exists, with two entries at the moment because I don't recall whether we decided to include archaeology as a science.

Likewise, the {{photographer}} tag now exists, with five entries at the moment.

As always, folks with wiki update rights are not only invited to add appropriate tags to character writeups, you're encouraged to do so. "Mary Sue" has all the tags.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Another new tag: {{engineer}}
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I just wrote this page from memory. (Shortened URL so as not to give away the subject matter.)

Ugh... I need some brain bleach.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
As requested: "pushpin" style map markers with some differentiation to them. Good thing that the "MAKI" map symbol icon collection is CC-0.

--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I needed an excuse to use the new "harbor" map icon... so our page for Black Lagoon now has a map.

On the wiki, I Wrote:According to the Black Lagoon Wiki, "Roanapur is shown to be in the geographic location on or very near Trat, Thailand" – for our purposes, the map marker is southeast of the real-world Trat. Whether his anchorage is surrounded by swamp or settlement is yet to be determined.

So... do we want Roanapur in the Metacontinuity before places start showing up en masse?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Rob, can you please drop a bus station/depot marker into the creation queue? I've got one on the DG map I'd like to flag.
-- Bob

I trust this will suffice.

Attached Files
.png   Map-marker-bus.png (Size: 8.84 KB / Downloads: 71)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I do believe it will. Thank you!
-- Bob

Tossed a "cineplex" marker into the set, too.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Oh, cool. I didn't want to impose by asking for more than one at a time, but you've obviously been looking at what I did with the DG page. Thank you.
-- Bob

I've started marking pages on the wiki.

{{version1}} was automatically added to all pages by Rob, and can be removed if nothing needs updated.
{{major retcon}} means the writers need to consider something important about the page, such a replanning, refactoring, replacing, or just deleting
{{minor retcon|text... |explanation...}} highlights some text that may need to be reconsidered, but is just a small element.

https://theresnothingbetter.miraheze.org...etcon_page
https://theresnothingbetter.miraheze.org...eds_Retcon
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
I have been remiss in practising proper information security on the wiki.

No, we have not had a breach. This is a matter of some groups having rights that they didn't need... which I have just fixed.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
We're past the halfway point in identifying pages needing retcons. A few of the easiest cases have already been retconned.

However, the remaining pages include all of the really big stories.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown