Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Images
Two Images
Scanned from the latest Dark Horse translation of OMG to hit my local Borders. The first is hilarious. The second ... well, jpub should probably avert his eyes, because it's unlikely to inspire brotherly feelings toward Belldandy.
[Image: seeyapeorth.th.jpg]
[Image: belldandyatthebeach.th.jpg]
Edit: spotted and corrected spelling error.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

I do not have a single brotherly feeling in my cerebration unit.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Ohmyohmyohmy.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

The thing that gets me - maybe it's because I'm an artist (semi-retired). But Fujishima actually draws some of the more realistic proportioned girls
I've ever seen. They're not over-endowed, they're even on the petite side. This is a man who has studied how REAL women look. And though he
exaggerates some features due to the manga style, he's doing it MUCH less than a lot of artists do. It's a classic case of "know what the real
rules are before figuring out which ones to break for your style."

If I'd been drawing that pose, I'd have been too tempted to exaggerate the line defining the curve of her back down to her hip and give her a
"wasp-waist". (Blame my early aping of Matsumoto chicks for that) Similarly I'd probably have made the mistake of taking the opposite line from
the bottom of the bikini top to bikini bottom and take it straight down before curving it inward.

The curve of her breasts may seem a little exaggerated, but it's because of the upward angle of the "camera".

Overall, what with the way that he draws curves where the "pinch" of the string of bikini is and other subtle cues, you can tell that this is no
anorexic. You can actually tell where the (quite natural!) fat is on her body!

This is a master at work, here.

If you look at the early versions of his work vs now, you have seen a marked improvement. One of the thins I've noticed is that it started when he also
started doing the work for Sakura Taisen, it reflected it.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell