Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cursed Thread of 2022
RE: Cursed Thread of 2022
https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/04/entertain...index.html

Loretta Lynn has passed at age 90. Farewell to the Coal Miner's Daughter.
Comedienne Judy Tenuta, age 72
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Angela Lansbury

On an unrelated note. The murder rate in Cabot Cove has dropped to its lowest level since 1984.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
<hat over heart> I'll always remember her as Eglantine Price from Bedknobs and Broomsticks.

(But I have to note, I wish I could remember the comedian who did the routine about Murder She Wrote where he claimed his dog looked at him and said, "Don' they see? Wherever dat little white woman goes, people die!")
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(10-11-2022, 03:43 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: <hat over heart>  I'll always remember her as Eglantine Price from Bedknobs and Broomsticks.

And as Princess Gwendolyn in The Court Jester.

She had a much wider range than most people remember.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Robbie Coltrane - Actor who played Hagrid in Harry Potter has passed at age 72.
RIP Jim McDivitt, Gemini and Apollo astronaut.

He did not make the first American spacewalk, but he took the photo of it.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
RIP Leslie Jordan, Emmy-award-winning actor.

Car crash
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Thomas Cahill, author of How The Irish Saved Civilization and other seminal works has passed on.

Thomas Cahill, popular history writer, dead at 82 - ABC News (go.com)

Reason this hits me is that HTISC was a good companion book for me while I was in South Korea from 1996-2005.

EDIT 28 OCTOBER 1:32 PM EDT:  And Jerry Lee Lewis has passed on...

Jerry Lee Lewis, flamboyant and controversial rock and roll pioneer, dead at 87 (msn.com)
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"
87? I could've sworn he was older...
-- Bob

RIP Kathleen Booth, the inventor of assembly language and co-inventor of drum memory (the forerunner of the disk drive).
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Singer Aaron Carter, age 34
-- Bob

Rest in peace, Kevin Conroy (age 66). You will forever be Batman in our hearts.
Gallagher, Watermelon-Smashing Comedian, Is Dead at 76
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/11/arts/...-dead.html
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
Peg and I once got suckered into a show at a local comedy club by his brother, who for a while in the 90s was touring as "Gallagher II: The Living Sequel" (until Gallagher sued him into stopping). We always wanted to see the real thing, and now we never will.
-- Bob

Goodbye Frederick P. Brooks (Very early computer pioneer, "The Mythical Man-Month", IBM OS/360)
Wikipedia has it too https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Brooks, already.
----
Web Home
RIP Robert Clary, best know for playing LeBeau on Hogan’s Heroes. He was also a survivor of the Holocaust.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Sigh. Greg Bear
----
Web Home
Well, crap.
-- Bob

Jason David Frank (former Green/White/Red Power Ranger)
https://globalnews.ca/news/9293341/jason...r-rangers/
Irene Cara has passed on...

Irene Cara, '80s pop star behind 'Fame' and 'Flashdance' theme songs, dies at 63 | CNN
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"
RIP John Lotshaw, creator of Accidental Centaurs and Random Acts of Nancy, and publisher at Moonbase Press.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
RIP Fred Brooks, "the man chiefly responsible for the prevalence of the eight-bit byte" (which lets us use lowercase letters on the Internet) and the author of The Mythical Man-Month (PDF)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
RIP Christine McVie
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown