Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[meta] 3D modeling - one Goddess found, (mumble) to go

Quote:Star Ranger4 wrote:

Hard to say so far. What's the saturation your using now? and it might be a case of for some reason the tatto's arnt getting shaded in Lux like they're supposed to be. I'm assuming that you've used the same settings as you did for Bell and Skuld, right? and their tat's dont have that issue.
*looks again*  in fact, Urd's seem to have some sort of independant light source, like they are glowing or something.  Could you have accidentally toggled an Emit setting on them?
Actually, they're part of her skin and since I've darkened it, they come out VERY dark, so I have to go in to Photoshop and lighten them.  I'm using the Lighten tool in Photoshop, and I set it to 0/0/255 for the one that isn't shaded, and 0/0/180 for the two that are.
ETA: I've redone Urd's Tattoos.  Webcode for the exposed one is 00007d, for the shaded ones is 000064.  Better?
[Image: DW5UpdateCoverJ.jpg]

thats what the issue is then. because your tweaking them after the fact in PS. It basicly gives them a totally different luminosity from the rest of her skin and almost makes them look, well, painted on afterwards in PS.

*thinks* Okay, if the issue is that they're picking up the skin shading in Lux and coming out too dark once Lux gets done with the shading, then what we need to be thinking is a way to up their brightness before Lux darkens them. Do you have a separate emit or value for just Urd's tattos? maybe try giving them a 1% emit or upping the white value in poser by about 50% before you hand it off to Lux might do the trick here.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children