Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[meta] 3D modeling - one Goddess found, (mumble) to go

Oh yeah. It looks like you got her chin/cheekbones perfectly.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Mark Skarr Wrote:I've been reading DW V and helping MonkeyFist with FNM all day, so I haven't really been looking for a dress for her, but that's still something I'm looking for (MF says she's way too sexy to work as Belle as she is).]
http://www.sharecg.com/v/49061/related/ ... ess-for-V4]Rose's Fantasy/Egyptian Princess for V4 would probably work, especially in the blue texture that's shown in http://www.sharecg.com/get_image.php?ty ... e_id=80251]this sample render on ShareCG. Yes, the sleeves aren't perfect, but other than that it's a pretty good match for Belldandy's "formal/combat" wear, and it's free.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I'm still waiting for my ShareCG activation email.  When I get it, I'll see about grabbing that dress.
If everyone is okay with that for Belle, I'll go ahead and move forward.
Edit:  Purged pictures we're not using from my photobucket and Yuku galleries.

It almost says to me "Hello, I am a Belldandy Doll that was loved and played with by a little girl who tore or lost the outfit that came with me and had it replaced with 'Woodstock Barbie!'"

I keed I keed. It's a lot better than most DAZ/Poser work I tend to see. Wink
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Urd: Me likes Smile. I kinda like the blue dress (either of them). If I could find the image again I'd link one that had her in a strappy blue mini-dress. Found a copy on my HD if you want it...

Bell: There's nothing wrong with Bell being more 'forward' in her dress. I note her pre-Skuld appearance (who I expect Bell accommodated after her(Skuld's) arrival), and the Angel-Eater incident, not to mention all the other art hanging around.

Heh.
Well, I do have considerably less I could put Belle in . . . but, there's enough Belldandy pron on the web.  I don't need to contribute to it.  Yet.
I'm working on an updated image of all three Goddesses.  It's just . . . complex and will be a while before it's at a useful clarity.  Urd's new outfit is considerably more scandalous than her last one.  I think everyone will like it.
Edit:  To paraphrase
"There is a man . . . terrifying to us.  Stonemason!"
I'm using one of his settings for the picture.  He's incredible.  But . . . it's complex.  Curse you!  Stonemason!

I've downloaded a couple of Stonemason's products... Yes, they are "rather complex".

I suppose the freebie at the very bottom of http://web.mac.com/hisaom1/Image_Labs/Download2.html]this page would be just as complex... and there's "some assembly required" with that one.

Oh, yes - I just discovered http://blog.goo.ne.jp/mamomamo_2007/m/201006]this freebie (while looting - er, looking through - the freebies on that blog). For some reason, I can picture Urd in it... and in my imagination, she isn't nearly as "sweet" as the model there. (Edit: And from the same blog, I could see Skuld wearing http://blog.goo.ne.jp/mamomamo_2007/m/201002]this. Re-edit: Or http://blog.goo.ne.jp/mamomamo_2007/m/201001]this. Re-re-edit: And for some reason I can picture Peorth trying to blend in on Earth by wearing http://blog.goo.ne.jp/mamomamo_2007/m/201102]this - and failing miserably. And it appears that only the blog posts starting from 2008-10 have free meshes - the earlier posts have some lovely artwork, but no freebies.)
--
Rob Kelk

I'm going to have to look at those, more closely, when I'm more coherent.
Here's the current picture at 1:44.  It needs another 24-36 hours, at a minimum, to be high-quality.
I know.  I know.  The helmet isn't right.  I'm working on it.
Edit:  Incomplete thoughts.  Urd is ginormious because of the 4" stiletto heels she's wearing.  Otherwise, the top of her head would be at about her eyebrows.
Edit 2:  Deleted picture and link 

Mark Skarr Wrote:I'm going to have to look at those, more closely, when I'm more coherent.
And I'm taking another look at those pages because I just noticed that some of the more recent entries have more than one outfit... When I pointed to a page, I was pointing at the first item on the page.

Edit: http://mamomamo.candypop.jp/Freestuff/index.html]Handy one-stop download page - looks like I missed a couple of downloads even after going through the blog twice.
--
Rob Kelk

That Egyptian Princess dress is going to take a lot of work to convert.  It needs about another dozen or so morph targets to get it to actually fit to the non-basic V4/A4 shape I'm using for Belle.  When I feel up to the challenge, I'll see about adding them.  My first batch of maths may have been off, it may be 36-48 hours.  But, I can throw some 24-hours in the next two days at it, and see where it is then.
Edit:  Grr.  After five hours I start noticing mistakes I made.  So, bang in the dustbin with that.  Here's the final version of that, before I've made some changes and thrown the new one in the engine.  So, in a couple of hours, hopefully, I'll have a start on the new image.
Edit 2:  Purged pictures we're not using from my photobucket and Yuku galleries.

Here's the new image after an hour.  It still need a lot of time.
Moved Belle's arms to deal with the shoulder issue.  Fixed the color stripe on Urd's boots.  Updated the helmet.  It's still not right, but I'm working on it.
Updated the picture.

Hm. Of the two helmets, I like the first better. Yes, I know, under construction. Just saying.
-- Bob
---------

Oh, please tell me what you like and don't like.  Without feedback I'm working in the dark.
Good news is: it's the same helmet.  The 2nd one is just rotated slightly and the visor is "nulled" out of the render.  I used a visor from another helmet (nulling most of it out) and kinda hammered it in there to look like it belonged.  I'm still looking for a better helmet, as this one doesn't cover Doug's mouth.

All right, last update before I go to bed.  I'll be gaming all day tomorrow, so I'll just leave this in engine and see how it looks when I get home.  I'll probably post an update before I go.
So: Bob, what needs to be done to the helmet, in a general sense.  I know it needs a mouth guard.  Is the goggle-visor okay, or do I need to go back and look for another one?

Okay, I had wondered if it was just a trick of perspective. And the goggles are hard to see unless you know they're there.

What else is needed? Bare minimum -- the domes on the sides, one with a whip antenna. Note that they are not just bulges in the shape of the helmet, but actual separate pieces -- they can be rotated to turn on/off external speakers. Check http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/images/doug-ll.gif]this (vintage late 1980s) image. (And I know I said in email that the whip antenna is on Doug's right -- brainfart. It's on the viewer's right, his left.)

Oh, and the UN symbol in light blue basically on the helmet's "forehead". And while we're speaking of color, I don't know if it's just an incomplete render, but Doug's helmet is less metallic looking and more marbled plastic.
-- Bob
---------

Bob Schroeck Wrote:And while we're speaking of color, I don't know if it's just an incomplete render, but Doug's helmet is less metallic looking and more marbled plastic.
I'm sure Mark has a larger selection of textures to work with, but http://web.ncf.ca/fm536/tempstuff/default-textures.png]here are the basic ones - do any of them look good?
--
Rob Kelk

Heh.  I have an entire directory of textures.  And, Rob, if you don't, here is a good place to start looking at some.
I stopped the image after 16:45 to make changes.  I'll be working on a new version of the helmet, so there will probably be some renders of just it in the near future.
Helmet, take 1
Here's a new version of the helmet.  MonkeyFist and I are scouring the 3d world looking for useful helmets.  Unfortunately, most of them have UVs that put the seam smack-dab in the center of the forehead, and it's not lined up in a way that I can fake a texture for it.  Grr.
It's only been in the engine for 25 minutes.  But, that's the advantage of small pictures.
Edit:  Now it's been in for about 1.5 hours.  I fiddled with the lighting.  So, the linked picture is updated, but the embedded picture is not.
Edit 2:  Dur!  Added the UN logo so I updated both the linked and embedded picture.
Edit 3:  Updated the picture again after 1.33 hours..
Edit 4:  Updated the picture again after 2:05.
Edit 5:  Purged pictures we're not using from my photobucket and Yuku galleries.

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Oh, and the UN symbol in light blue basically on the helmet's "forehead".
They appear to have a preferred shade of light blue, if http://www.un.org/en/images/banner.jpg]this banner from their website is any indication.

(Can't seem to find a larger image, but I didn't look very hard...)
--
Rob Kelk

I got tons of UN symbols.  I'm just an idiot and forgot, while making the helmet texture, that I needed to put it on the forehead.
D'oh!
Edit:  FYI, I updated the picture above instead of embedding a new link.

Looks great! I think Bob will like it. Smile

I'm still looking for something to use for a face guard, but other than that, I like the helmet.
I updated the picture above.
Edit:  Grr.  Brain not fully attached today.  Didn't notice this was going on a new page.  So, embedded picture with link:
Edit 2 & 3: Clicked save instead of preview so I didn't get a change to note changes.
I played with the lighting to tone down the glare.  Updated linked picture, but not embedded picture.
Edit 4:  Purged pictures we're not using from my photobucket and Yuku galleries.

So, updated Goddess picture after 1:30.  Dropped the boot on Urd and gave her matching shoes (looks better, in my opinion).  The glare on the helmet makes the UN Logo all but unseeable.
Edit:  Pic after 3:00.  Updated link, not embedded picture.
Edit 2:  Purged pictures we're not using from my photobucket and Yuku galleries.

The helmet? Almost perfect. The antenna comes out of the dome, not the body of the helmet, and the face opening is a bit smaller -- more like the model images I sent you -- but otherwise, yow!
ETA:  The opening is smaller because there are tongue switches and other instrumentation along the lower part that he has to be able to reach.
-- Bob
---------

I am looking for a helmet that has the lower face guard and fits the design aesthetics.  As soon as I find one, I'll replace the base helmet.  Or, she can just put psychic switches in there for him, ;-P.  Updated Goddess picture after 16:15.