Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter 4 is now available for your reading pleasure.
RE: Chapter 4 is now available for your reading pleasure.
Whoo, been a long while since I've been in here...I don't think I ever re-registered when the forums switched platforms last...

That said, I wonder if Doug realizes this ritual has probably Invoked the local versions of Chris and Marller? :-) I mean, it does rather distinctly look like a call to Guardians and Warriors, if not 'The' Guardian and Warrior..
And speaking of multiversal shenanigans, I'm wondering if the Moon Stick will turn out to be a different-verse expression of the Toothpick.
(Granted, it's a bit of my own headcanon, but much like certain entities that are multiversal, so are certain Artifacts, having a expression/avatar in different universes. One of those being the Ginzuishou ...a version exists in all of the Sailor Moon 'verses, as well as in others...in some it's known as 'The Matrix of Leadership'...)

That also said, I wonder if this Pluto deals with the multiversal Pluto hangout of Jeffrey Hosmer and Sean Gaffney's 'Trials and Errors'? :-)

And, sorry to end this on a slight downer note, but I spotted an minor error in the Concordance for this Step...under 'tassets', the link doesn't work right. It needs to be 'https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/sailormoon/images/0/06/Prince_Endymion_-_Anime.png'  --basically, the link you have, but with all the stuff past .png trimmed off.
Welcome back, Vulpis, and thanks for catching the error. I'll take care of it tonight after I'm done with work for the day.

As for your speculations, I'm here to offer you your very own official Shrug Of God(TM).

I will note that Club Pluto is already on the Multiverse Map (lower left corner), with an indirect link to DW through The Dance of Shiva. So that's not out of the question, and I honestly have considered it. But Pluto's going to be doing a little bit more than just playing couch potato in this fic, and I'm not sure she's going to want to leave the timeline for some relaxation.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Something came to mind to me, as a..'punishment' for Doug pushing the song for this...

----------------------------

Doug began to relax as the last 'Yes!' died away, presuming all the Guardians had been called.

Only to realize his mistake a moment later as a new round of declarations began a moment later. A cacophonous multitude of them, of which even his ears were only able to pick out a few...
Some gave a bit of deja vu, proclaiming "I am Guardian/Sailor/Knight <insert all the astrological bodies in the Solar System, including some outside of it, including the Sun, Asteroids, *specific* asteroids, Starlight itself>"
Others were...odder.
One guttural growl was "In the name of blood and guts, I am Sailor Frag, yah bast--"
Which was cut off by a hollow-sounding voice intoning, "I am Sailor Nowhere..."
Which was followed by a rather...Nobel (sic) voice overhead declaring, "I am Sailor Gundam!"
Somewhere in the crowd, Doug made out the a familiar call, "I am Sailor Loon!" to which he thought <"Aww, Lisa, I didn't mean to drag you into this..."> only to be startled a moment later to hear the same phrase coming from an equally familiar *male* throat...to which he could only think <"pleasenotinafukupleasenotinafukuIdon'thavethelegsforit!">
Others still came in groups, including one that made him shudder a moment, "We are the Sailor Sabers! Sanjo!" and another "We are the Nerima Scouts!" that made him reflect that in some places and times, at least, they *wouldn't* need his training at all.

Eventually, this second round of noise died down as well, leaving Doug to muse, "Sometimes, these rituals can work a bit *too* well!"

----------------------------

Doug wanted all the Guardians? He gets *all* of them. ;-) Or at least the ones I could remember/make up off the top of my head at the moment...
Granted, this can't entirely be blamed on Doug, really...the half-trained central focus of the ritual suddenly summoning a personally-keyed multidimensional Artifact to her mid-stream can throw things, in the words of one Al Calavicci, "A little bit ca-ca". :-)
Assuming Bob doesn't want this, I am so tempted to steal it for There's Nothing Better (just down the hall, in a subgroup under Other People's Fanfiction)... because we already have plans for Sailor Interamnia, the not-really-twins Sailor Europa (the asteroid) and Sailor Europa (the the moon of Jupiter), and Knight Eunomia. (But we don't have firm plans for Sailor Euphrosyne. Minako reliably informs us that even Doorknobder could take out Sailor Euphrosyne. Smile)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(05-07-2022, 05:36 AM)robkelk Wrote: Assuming Bob doesn't want this, I am so tempted to steal it for There's Nothing Better (just down the hall, in a subgroup under Other People's Fanfiction)... because we already have plans for Sailor Interamnia, the not-really-twins Sailor Europa (the asteroid) and Sailor Europa (the the moon of Jupiter), and Knight Eunomia. (But we don't have firm plans for Sailor Euphrosyne. Minako reliably informs us that even Doorknobder could take out Sailor Euphrosyne. Smile)

Just noting that that a good part of those *aren't* my original idea, so you'd have to catch the original authors, or at least credit them. I know Sailor Nowhere is an actual fanfic out there, as is the Nerima crew as Senshi. and Sailor Gundam is Nobel Gundam from G-Gundam (She reminds Minako of someone, but she can't put her finger on it, and it's not her old boyfriend... :-) ). On the other hand, I don't recall anyone out there loony (or Looney? :-) ) enough to have Sailor Frag, and I'd love to see someone run with the idea of the Magical Main Man... :-)
The Nerima crowd getting fuku'ed up is such a common trope that barring a particularly unique character/power source combination there's no way it could be counted as even a reference to any particular fic, and even then it's as likely to be coincidence or convergent development from the plot requirement of giving that any people something vaguely on-theme for them at once.

My question is who gets the ones named after various anime directors and so on?
--
‎noli esse culus
(05-07-2022, 05:21 PM)Vulpis Wrote: On the other hand, I don't recall anyone out there loony (or Looney? :-) ) enough to have Sailor Frag, and I'd love to see someone run with the idea of the Magical Main Man... :-)

I remember an old Sailor Moon, from the times that the Doom game first came out, that had a Sailor Deimos and Sailor Phobos as a reference, since the game happened on Mars. One of them used a chainsaw and the other a telefrag attack. It might be a reference to this.

Edit: More specifically, "Sailor Doom" by Jaelle and Orla , 1997
(05-07-2022, 05:21 PM)Vulpis Wrote: I know Sailor Nowhere is an actual fanfic out there

I think you're thinking of Stephen "Twoflower" Gagne's Sailor Nothing.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
as far as 'Sailor Frag' goes, wasn't there a Sailor Moon fic called 'Nuke Em til they glow'?
(05-08-2022, 08:48 PM)Norgarth Wrote: as far as 'Sailor Frag' goes, wasn't there a Sailor Moon fic called 'Nuke Em til they glow'?

Yep. It's a classic. Less Sailor Frag than Atomic Starlight Knight with mushroom-obsessed flying pinnipeds, though.
(05-08-2022, 07:49 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 05:21 PM)Vulpis Wrote: I know Sailor Nowhere is an actual fanfic out there

I think you're thinking of Stephen "Twoflower" Gagne's Sailor Nothing.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that was what I was trying to remember when I put in there, yes.
Sailor Comet Kohoutek and the rest of the 23rd Senshi Brigade would fit right into this scene. Toko's usual intro spiel ("For honor and {rotating catchphrases}, the pretty soldier Sailor Comet Kohoutek!"), which I only just now recognized as possibly Darkwing-influenced, might not even be the most bwuh?-inducing speech anyone delivered.
You asked for it and I shall leave to fic ideas on this though of many sailor moons showing up.......

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5204493/1/300-Moons
This is very much crack for sure......

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6628473/1/Letters-to-Pluto
And yes, I did make a comment about Doug showing up in this fic somewhere and working with these people.....