Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incidental Bits 2 - The Comebacks
RE: Incidental Bits 2 - The Comebacks
"They're tough... but can they withstand a mimiteic attack?"

"It's pronounced 'memetic attack'."

"No, it isn't," replied the redhead at the far end of the group. "Charm Buster!"
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
OOC. I see we have two displacees who write their family names with the same kanji, 中野. They're both high-school students who wear their hair in twintails, as well.

So, much like how Ayumu "Osaka" Kasuga demonstrated esper powers, will Chisame Nakano and Azusa Nakano start demonstrating each other's skills? Smile
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Amusingly, Chisame and Azusa play exactly the same roles in their respective original stories -- both are newcomers with greater technical skill than the older members of the club they join at an all-girls high school.

In fact, for those who don't know either series, one could strongly argue that Bakuon!! (Chisame's home series) is basically K-On! (Azusa's origin) with the serial numbers filed off and the musical instruments replaced with motorcycles. The correspondences between characters are so strong that it approaches Refuge in Audacity territory.

EDIT: Anyway, to answer your question... Like Arlo Guthrie and "The Motorcycle Song", they're tooling along on their bikes and playing their guitars at the same time...
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Mio turned to the other members of Hokago Tea Time. "Should we play 'Pure Pure Heart' for our guests?"

"I'd rather you pick something else," replied Mimi Hanyu. "I lost track of how many Pure Hearts I tried to steal when I was Mimete."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(10-19-2022, 01:03 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Amusingly, Chisame and Azusa play exactly the same roles in their respective original stories -- both are newcomers with greater technical skill than the older members of the club they join at an all-girls high school. 

In fact, for those who don't know either series, one could strongly argue that Bakuon!! (Chisame's home series) is basically K-On! (Azusa's origin) with the serial numbers filed off and the musical instruments replaced with motorcycles.  The correspondences between characters are so strong that it approaches Refuge in Audacity territory.

EDIT:  Anyway, to answer your question...  Like Arlo Guthrie and "The Motorcycle Song", they're tooling along on their bikes and playing their guitars at the same time...

I've finally watched most of Princess Principal.  And, like, you could have gotten me to watch it much earlier by selling it the right way.  I kept on thinking to myself, "ugh, spy shows -- it's either about confusing betrayal and murder, or implausible coolness and murder."  But what did I get instead?  Oh, it's a caper show.  And underneath, it's another Lupin III clone, except set in steampunk England and with all girls.  But the characters:  Chise is obviously a Goemon clone, an out-of-time samurai who even does the cutting through doors with a sword shtick.  Dorothy makes a passable Fujiko, and Ange definitely has the brooding vibes and uh, queer subtext, that Jigen had.

Oh, and who gets to tell Ange about the Black Lectroids?
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Buckaroo, of course. <grin>
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Obviously said by SI-Rob, riffing off Lily Tomlin's "Ernestine the telephone operator" character. Who he's saying it to remains a mystery at the moment.

"Sorry? When what freezes over? I've been to Niflheim; it already has."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Don't know where or whether to use this line...

Note to self: Never get into a staring contest with a cat. Or a Mau.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
"But how can you be Satan, the Prince of Lies?  You're a woman."

She dropped the sexy act, and said resolutely, "Girls can be princes too!"

(11-03-2022, 04:05 PM)robkelk Wrote: Don't know where or whether to use this line...

Note to self: Never get into a staring contest with a cat. Or a Mau.

When we finally get a spy agency, it's going to have a chairman Mau.
(11-04-2022, 04:19 AM)Labster Wrote: "But how can you be Satan, the Prince of Lies?  You're a woman."

She dropped the sexy act, and said resolutely, "Girls can be princes too!"

The bit about being a prince was a lie, of course.
-- Bob

OOC

Marion and Marie at Kaleido Stage. Takeru at Aria House. Chibiusa, Last Order, Janie and Febrie at Blossom. Ryunosuke at Douglass Gardens. Iris at the Grand Imperial Theatre.

When they get together, they are... The Babysat Club.

"We're not babies!"
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
... Given the set of talents collected in that group, there's some story possibilities that could stand investigation.
-- Bob

Wiki typo of the day:

Quote:The place practically ruins itself;

Considering that this residence is where the Nerima Wrecking Crew lives, I'm not going to correct the typo.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Multiple Reference Pun, anyone?

"Mimi, please pay attention."

"I'm all ears!"
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
"Crescent Beam Saber!"

No, no, Minako, Nanoha's the Gundam magical girl, not you.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
OOC

So, Kamen Rider walks into Whirlwind and orders a custom bike...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
"What in the world did you make for lunch?"

"Can't you see?" Minako pointed out the ingredients. "Octopus, shredded nori, and sriracha, wrapped in a tortilla."

Mii was the first to figure out the pun.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
<floats hand over head> Whooooosh.
-- Bob

That joke has been in my dev file for years now, just waiting for Taeko to cook for Ika.
(12-10-2022, 10:50 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: <floats hand over head> Whooooosh.

Tako taco.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Ah
-- Bob

Yui looked over Shinji's cello a second time. Puzzled, she asked, "Where do you plug it in?"
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I am so stealing that line. Although I'll have to juggle continuity to make it work.
-- Bob