Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obvious portal song is obvious (Wheel in the Sky by Journey)
Obvious portal song is obvious (Wheel in the Sky by Journey)

So obvious that it's probably been used and I just forgot, TBH. If not, where might it be from and/or to? Dukes of Hazard would be a humorously literal interpretation of wheels in the sky, but really doesn't match in any other way.
--
‎noli esse culus
RE: Obvious portal song is obvious (Wheel in the Sky by Journey)
(05-13-2022, 06:51 PM)classicdrogn Wrote:

So obvious that it's probably been used and I just forgot, TBH. If not, where might it be from and/or to? Dukes of Hazard would be a humorously literal interpretation of wheels in the sky, but really doesn't match in any other way.

That's "Dukes of Hazzard." Actually, if you want to be that kind of literal, Doug must be in/on some sort of wheeled transport to use the portal and/or it must lead from and to places where wheeled transportation is in common use, so no going to or from pre-Columbian America, a Sci-Fi setting with hovercars, or a water world.

Given the line "I don't know where I'll be tomorrow," I'd guess that the destination is chosen randomly. Now is the destination going to be on the same world or not? I don't know and it may depend on Doug's intent.
Snowpiercer (or ASoIaF) to Redline or Tailenders? Either way it's certainly "a long cold winter" to "wheels in the sky" (a ground race on other planets) for sure at least. Truthfully though Doug's power is often not that kind of literal, and the song is not just ticking every box but basically hammering on them as a portal song so it really could be just about anything on either end. As for being a wildcard destination, well, Doug never knows where the portal will take him, so does it really make a difference?
--
‎noli esse culus
(05-14-2022, 07:59 PM)Inquisitive Raven Wrote: ... Actually, if you want to be that kind of literal, Doug must be in/on some sort of wheeled transport to use the portal ...

We know he has the same motorcycle from DWII to DWXIII, so that isn't an issue.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
There's only one universe I think this would be a portal to access: Quantum Leap. The lines "Don't think I'll make it home again." and "Don't know where I'll be tomorrow.", to me, just *scream* that it's the timeline of one Dr. Sam Beckett that Doug is there to repair.