Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Fun] Image thread? Images tied to Black Aeronaut's overall plotline
RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread.
Hmmmm...  Ahhhhh dunno...

I think this would be more her thought process....  To misquote Homey D. Clown: "Homu don't play dat."

[Image: unknown.png]

(Just think of the flush in her cheeks being one of anger, and the box in her hand is a gift she picked up for her daughter, because it's Kurohime's birthday...)

"You small-minded ingrates.  My husband has labored to make this city into a shining jewel of opportunity and plenty...  And yet you seek to enrich yourself through petty crime?  I will not permit you to soil my husband's work."

"And just what are you gonna do about it, little lady?"

"I've already done what needs to be done.  While your attention was focused on me, I slowed time down.  And now?  Now the police are here for you."

"WHAT!?"  *DYNAMIC ENTRY TACKLE!*

"... Lady Homura.  We apologize that you had to deal with these criminals."

"It is fine, officer.  This breed is such a rarity here, and they are unfortunately clever.  They know you cannot be everywhere at once and choose their targets accordingly."

"Not clever enough to realize who they were messing with, though.  We'll make sure they see the video of what you did when Wilson Fisk tried to move in.  That should teach them a thing or two."

"Indeed~.  You do not need to take my statement, officer?"

"No ma'am.  These days, after the Fisk Incident?  We can pretty much get away with saying, 'And then Lady Homura showed up' and that's all they need to see on the official record."
(01-09-2022, 08:54 PM)robkelk Wrote: She's one of the most powerful electromasters on the planet.

She's a teleporter wirh a burning desire for justice.

They fight crime!

After they graduate from college, that is... so, in the Metacontinuity, after Arc 4.

[Image: __misaka_mikoto_and_shirai_kuroko_toaru_...8d0a93.png]

Source

As Mikoto tweaked and peaked at her outfit, Kuroko passed by and stopped, admiring the view for a moment.  Suddenly, something seemed to occur to her partner, and Kuroko chuckled merrily.

"What's so funny?" asked Mikoto.

"Not much.  Just something I remember from a while back.  Cousin Ben really called it."

".... There's a lot of things he 'called' Kuroko."

"Heh.  This was the one about you being all angry and envious about Misaka Worst.  And Cousin Ben told you that you shouldn't be angry because you're gonna look like your mom."

"Ugh, THAT!?  Do you have to remind me of that?  Not one of my better moments."

"No, it wasn't.  But he was off about one thing."

"What?"

"You look way more bad-ass than your mom could ever look.  And that is sexy as all hell."
(01-09-2022, 02:36 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 02:24 PM)robkelk Wrote: Kinomoto-kun, I understand you use cards to invoke your magic...

[Image: __takamachi_nanoha_lyrical_nanoha_and_2_...b25613.png][Image: __vita_and_graf_eisen_lyrical_nanoha_and...1e5bc2.png]

(Sources: here and here, respectively.)

Waitahminit...  Aren't these....

*Goes to the booru and checks the tags*

Yep.  Pactio Cards.

Ironically, Ben would only be able to do this as Yamina because Fem-Ben = antimage electromage

And getting Vita to agree to that kind of thing would probably be hilarious to see because it would be Hayate who is cajolling her into it...  and then watching with a pervy smile.  Because Hayate.  Tongue

I was talking to Rob earlier and he thought this addition was funny.

Hayate also talks Signum and Shamal into making Pactio Cards with Yamina at the same time Vita does.

And then immediately afterwards, Hayate makes one with Yamina as well...  by practically swabbing her tonsils.

(And given how a Pactio's power is proportional to how, ahhh, close the two are, and how powerful Hayate is to begin with...  The phrase "End Bringer" comes to mind and will most likely place Hayate's level of firepower much closer to Hotaru's.)

Yamina: "Uhm, not that I mind in particular since we have been doing the horizontal tango and all...  but why?"

Hayate: "Because even if it's second hand, that's the closest I'll ever get to kissing all three of them at once.~"

Suffice to say, the reactions from everyone else will be pretty damn entertaining as they will run the full gamut from facepalms and mortified looks to everywhere else along the spectrum, including an extremely tongue-in-cheek "Does anybody else need a cigarette?" from Kyoko Sakura.
(01-10-2022, 06:48 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 08:54 PM)robkelk Wrote: She's one of the most powerful electromasters on the planet.

She's a teleporter wirh a burning desire for justice.

They fight crime!

After they graduate from college, that is... so, in the Metacontinuity, after Arc 4.

[Image: __misaka_mikoto_and_shirai_kuroko_toaru_...8d0a93.png]

Source

As Mikoto tweaked and peaked at her outfit, Kuroko passed by and stopped, admiring the view for a moment.  Suddenly, something seemed to occur to her partner, and Kuroko chuckled merrily.

"What's so funny?" asked Mikoto.

"Not much.  Just something I remember from a while back.  Cousin Ben really called it."

".... There's a lot of things he 'called' Kuroko."

Slight change here, again from the chat BA mentions above. Replace '".... There's a lot of things he 'called' Kuroko."' with":

"Ben's called so many things, he has his own switchboard."
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(01-16-2022, 06:04 AM)Labster Wrote:
Black Aeronaut Wrote:This will have the odd effect of making Vivio, Caro, and Eriol all be "contemporaries".  Eriol may or may not wind up having a full plate on his hands like some of the other boys.  [Image: wink.png]
I think you mean Erio.  Eriol (Hiiragizawa) is Rob's contemporary.  Unless you mean the other Eriol (Ælfwine), who is oddly enough Arturia's contemporary.

Anyway I'm not so hot about bringing in pactio cards, or honestly anything by Ken Akamatsu (though I do wish him luck in his run for a seat in the Diet).  Beyond some of our characters wanting to "pactio" with someone as an excuse to kiss (you know who you are), I can't see the plots we could write.  Unless we want to write a massively-multiplayer harem story.  You know.

I haven't really been around much so I don't have much of a right to say it but: Before we bring new sources in on a "wouldn't it be cool if" thought, stop and ask yourself if it solves some issue in the story already. Or if you have some story to go with the new source.  If it's just a way of making the setting more crossovery without more than a meet-and-greet with more characters, this is hard on both readers and other writers in dealing with the extra complexity.

Right.  Erio.  Forgive me, it's so damn close that even saying that my finger slipped on the keyboard is a valid enough of an excuse.  Tongue

That said, though, I actually had given a bit of thought to the matter.

Consider: TNB - The Next Generation

(IKR? TNB-TNG? WTF?)

But really, it is something serious to consider.

Have you at all considered what a mature version of one of Benjamin's children is going to be cable of?

Benjamin has had his genetics effectively blended with his Masser.  Which means that his Dueterium-Fusor, M-AM Reactor, and Gamma Ray Laser are now all fully inheritable genetic traits.  As well as his super-strength, anti-magic field, and telportation capability.

His children are going to be freakin' demi-gods.

Momowa, for example, I'm planning on having it that she has the Fusor and the M-AM Reactor, but no Laser.  Of course, she doesn't need that.  She's Nanoha's daughter.  The boost she will get from the reactors will grant her an overcharge state that allows her to pull her Mother's "Nuke This Bitch In Particular from GeoSynch Orbit*" trick whenever she damn-well pleases.

So with that in mind, the parental units are going to need to step up their game in order to keep up.  Thus: Pactio Cards to act as power multipliers.  Granted, Benjamin could only really make use of them when he's turned into Yamina, but that will mean that you now have Nanoha at 10x power, and still have a megawatt-scale gamma ray laser in play.

Thoughts?

* Granted, that's not exactly what Nanoha did to Quatro in MSLN StrikerS, but considering she was doing it inside a powerful anti-magic field and shot through god-knows-how-many armored bulkheads to get at that bitch?  Yeah, she can do "Nuke It From Orbit" alright.
(02-16-2022, 03:56 PM)robkelk Wrote: "Six burners, four ovens, and a big fridge. It's a start, Donaldson-san... but where are the bamboo steamers? Where are the woks? Where's the mixer?"

"There's a mixer on the bottom shelf of the prep table."

"Oh, there it is. It's a household mixer, just like the household blender. They'll do for now. If that's the prep table, why does it have a coffee-maker and a microwave oven sitting on it?"

"I couldn't figure out any place else to put them. We were lucky to be able to squeeze this much commercial gear into the kitchen, Mako-chan."

"We need some cupboards, or at least some shelves. I'm going to be needing a lot more equipment than just what's here. And can we get a bigger sink, please?"

"Where would we put it?"

And if it was Benjamin, this would be where he gets that oh-so-serious look (the kind where the cartoon character pushes their hat down onto their brow to enhance the glower they're wearing), says "Hrmph", and goes straight to his computer to start laying out a design for new kitchen.

And he will somehow manage to Tetris in everything Makoto wanted, though at a cost of having the absolute minimum space needed to move around inside.  As my brothers might say, "It's not even a two-butt kitchen."  (Referring to how many butts you can fit in there without undue hindrance to food prep.)

And if Makoto were to complain?  Ben would simply grin and say, "Mako-chan.  You of all people should know this.  What you order is what you eat."

(This would be especially funny if others overheard the exchange and announced that Ben just brutally murdered a Sailor Senshi like it was nothing.  I bet it'd be the cause for another epithet for Benjamin to go with all the others he has.)
[OOC][Fun] Image thread? Images tied to Black Aeronaut's overall plotline
Shamelessly swiping this from the image thread in General Chatter...

[Image: 7E6tjXI.jpg]

Not that his son's name would be Harold, buuuu~uuuuut...

"Missus Musso.  I do appreciate your desire to run a tight ship.  Navy Vet here, after all.  However, you seem to have missed the point of your reassignment entirely.  It was not so that you can bring order to the chaos here.  It was so that you can learn what the chaos has to offer you.  My son's actions here?  This pure and unbridled audacity is a trait that I have been carefully cultivating in him, and exactly for this sort of reason.  Because of this, he can smell an unopened can of bullshit from a mile away.  And he takes great pleasure in making those cans explode in the faces of those that would open them.

"However, you can earn his respect, Missus Musso.  Treat him as a person.  Not as a subversive or a subservient or even a subordinate.  Yes, there are rules to be followed and structures to be respected.  But unless you offer children like him respect in the first place?  You're never going to get it in return.  Humble yourself, Missus Musso.  Children are people.  They're just a bit less experienced than you or I."
Ah yes, this reminds me a lot of my college days. You have no idea how much paper and toner I reappropriated from the university for various art projects. If you called /usr/bin/lpr instead of lpr directly in the CS labs, only the first copy of a flyer counted towards the quota, meaning 20k pages instead of 200. My department IT didn’t care too much, so long as he didn’t have to refill the toner every week. Flirted with the girl by the photocopier in the student council office, and got her to join our D&D campaign. Learn to spread your photocopying around so you don’t get caught… also put up flyers at night and memorize the layouts of buildings so you don’t get caught.

In retrospect I still don’t regret the thousands of dollars in student debt I still owe.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
The First of the New Gods

Spectra, Daughter of Hild, by Benjamin.

Goddess of Possibilities and Potential

[Image: qgagk6odbsw71.jpg]
(Witching Hour by 魔界の住民 - Source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/93791657)

Her name is apt.  She is so many different things.  She can be whatever she wishes to be.  She has transcended the limitations of her parents, and she has done so willingly and happily, because she knew this to be her destiny.

She is a implacable fighter for those in need of protection.
She is a sensuous lover for those in need of companionship.
She is a wise teacher for those in need of knowledge.
She is a devious trickster for those in need of humility.

She is all of this and more.

Spectra is not one to meddle without justification - she is a very good God in that way.  She knows that it's important for people to learn for themselves instead of being guided by the nose.  As such, her gospel is simple: cruelty is forbidden.  That is it - nothing more and nothing less.  This also means that she demands no worship.  Merely recognition of her existence by acknowledgement of her one teaching.

Like her father, she has a very kind and loving heart.  She only desires to see people content and at peace.  But she is also very much her mother's daughter: capable of meting out terrible justice in the blink of an eye, with little remorse or regret.

She grew up mostly under the care of Hild, for whom she was a joy and treasure - a daughter who would unabashedly call Hild "Mother" and love her without any reservation.  However, she was also very close with her father, Benjamin, as her heart resonated strongly to his paternal warmth and love.  In fact, part of the reason for her being this sort of "Chameleon Goddess" is primarily due to her adopting her father's openness and versatility - the idea that once you set your mind to it, there is nothing that you can't do.

This means, of course, that she most emphatically does not represent some ideal of purity in any form.  In fact, part of her apotheosis was that she committed an atrocious sin (trust me, you don't wanna know) - one that she sought no forgiveness or repentance for.  She intentionally soiled herself simply so that she would not be bound by the false ideals of purity.

If you ever meet her, it is for one of two reasons:
1. You are in great need of her in some way, shape, or form.
2. You are about to be ended and she is the last thing you will see before becoming the focus of her mother's "tender mercies".

The only exceptions are for the moments where she will descend from her divine state so she can spend some time in the company of her family.  And they are very much family to her.  After all, for Benjamin this isn't just "family".  This is his Ohana.  And even if Spectra is a Goddess?  She will always have a place to go when she wants a hug and a warm, home-cooked meal.

Even though she is usually beyond the reach of mortals, she will always and forever be his daughter, cherished and loved for the miracle that she is.
"Hey, Ben! Guess who has the same dub voice actress as me!"

[Image: __akemi_homura_hino_rei_and_cristina_val...60db45.jpg]

(source)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(04-18-2022, 01:24 PM)robkelk Wrote: "Hey, Ben! Guess who has the same dub voice actress as me!"

[Image: __akemi_homura_hino_rei_and_cristina_val...60db45.jpg]

(source)

... Oh, that's evil.

It'd be a bit like that one flashback in the Overlord anime, where one of his friends was lamenting that his sister (who was also part of the same online clan) had done the voice acting for the main character in a hot new eroge game. And every time he heard her voice, it simply killed the mood.

Ouch.

And Homura, I would imagine, would be talented enough to make her voice sound like either her Japanese or American voice actresses. Which would make for an evil prank to play on Benjamin the next time she has "alone time" with him, as he would have fully adopted Rei as his sister in his heart and mind by then.