Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shadowrun (was: Now that Helen and Atilla have moved back to our area...)
RE: Shadowrun (was: Now that Helen and Atilla have moved back to our area...)
I'm sure folks have noticed that I haven't posted an update since before December. That's because between the holidays, a couple illnesses and assorted other annoyances, we haven't been able to schedule and actually hold a game session since then. Hopefully we'll get one set up soon, but Tiffany (who has some serious medical issues which flared up over the past couple months) will not be participating for the foreseeable future.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
yech. no fun, but understandable.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
agreed, my usual group specifically take from October 31 until after new years to only play pick up games of various types. Sometimes we play an actual campaign, but do so with a system and storyline that allows for people to not be there. Surprisingly, legend of the Five Rings court intrigue games have done wonders with this
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

And continuing the subject of suspended games, obviously the campaign is suspended for the duration of the COVID-19 emergency. (Although I've been thinking of encouraging Helen to try running over Skype or another video service, which I feel would be very appropriate for a cyberpunk game, <grin>)
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Use the matrix to run a game that includes the matrix? how... meta. *Snicker*
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
I may not start a Vampire LARP to resolve the tie in Rock-Paper-Scissors.

I can't find the source, but I do remember it being a rule somewhere.
-Now available with copious trivia!
Oh yeah, that was in White Wolf's Mind's Eye Theatre. We've got a copy of that lurking about somewhere still.
-- Bob

yeah, I used to do that as well, i think they went a little nutty when i started playing a Get Ahroun (Werewolf the Apocalypse) as if it was a shadowrunner. Storyteller rolled with it beautifully though
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Just as a note, Helen and Attila are in good enough (confirmed) health that they've visited a few times over the last month-six weeks, and we've started negotiating for a restart of the campaign, albeit without Tiffany still.
-- Bob

And just as soon as discussions started, they ended, due to new and sudden family issues for Helen that take priority.
-- Bob

And the subject has just been raised again. We might restart the campaign within the month. Might. We've gotten this close before.
-- Bob

Okay, we're getting close again. Helen has recruited a coworker and her husband, both gamers, to join the campaign. Tiffany's definitely out. We sat down a week or so back and went through the last two or three session logs in this thread so she could her mind get back on the plot thread. A game session has yet to be scheduled, but it looks like it might happen this time.

EDIT: Oh, and Helen has said there will be a timeskip with the restart. Not much, just a couple months or so, so we don't get any benefit yet from the training program S-K has set up. But enough, I guess, to at least explain what happened to Yoruichi.
-- Bob