Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's That Time of Year Again, Again...
It's That Time of Year Again, Again...
... the time for our annual week with family on Long Beach Island.  Between July 2 and July 9, we'll be staying at our usual beach house (this one).  This year, like most years, we'll be in the top two floors.  Last year, we were in the ground floor, thanks to a screwup with the reservations six months earlier.  (Amusingly, the Google Street View car came around while we were there last year -- if you go around the corner, you can see our car, Peg's brother's car, and her mother's car, left-to-right, in the ground floor parking area. EDIT: and if you go the other way, you can spot two of my brothers-in-law and my mother-in-law on the lower deck.)

Anyway, the place has high-speed internet, so you probably won't notice any difference in my presence online. But it's become habit/tradition for me to let folks know, even though the warning is unnecessary these days.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: It's That Time of Year Again, Again...
Likewise, I'll be on vacation the same week. (Although it's a staycation in my case, because I didn't book a hotel room in time. Such is life.)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(billy crystal impersonation)

Have fun NOT stoyming the castle!
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
Well, it's the night before, and we've already got the car 90% packed. Just a few things to go in tomorrow and then we'll be off. Which is a whole freakin' lot better than we normally do, i.e., packing the big suitcase at the last minute so it holds up filling up the car by a fair degree. We'll actually be able to be relaxed about the whole thing for once.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....