Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country, Part II
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country, Part II
(03-01-2024, 01:57 AM)Labster Wrote: -- Canada's Defence Minister says he wants to send "noncombat" troops to Ukraine

This is SOP for Canada -- we sent "noncombat" troops to Afghanistan, too. (I think Korea was the last time we gave anything more than the proverbial "all assistance short of actual help". But, apparently, we're getting good at training other people to fight...)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: Russian lawmakers authorize Putin to use military force outside the country, Part II
I'm sure a few units of medical corpsmen would be welcomed as well; there's always more breaks and bullet holes than trained hands to bandage them. Likewise mechanics who are already familiar with the foreign equipment being supplied, along with mentoring locals to do the same on both counts.
--
‎noli esse culus
-- In the heart of Moscow, a busy concert hall was attacked by terrorists, 130+ dead so far
-- Oddly the building has big English letters on it saying CROCUS CITY HALL, but it isn't a city hall, it's a concert hall.  Next time, use the word "Municipal" please.
-- Russia immediately blamed Ukraine
-- Ukraine immediately blamed Russian secret police doing a false flag on home soil
-- Daesh in Khorasan took credit for it
-- Russia still sure Ukraine did it
-- Ukraine thinks it might still be a deflection from Russia
-- Daesh releases bodycam footage from the attack, "no really, we killed you infidels!"
-- Russia pretty sure Ukraine is behind Daesh all along
-- Ukraine is notes that the enemy of the enemy is definitely not their friend
-- 0% approval rating worldwide for Daesh aka IS aka ISIS aka ISIL aka ISIS-K (which doesn't even make sense because the S=Syria and K=Khorasan)
-- US Congress passes a short-term budget, pats itself on the back (no Ukraine funding yet)
-- Immediately, Congresswoman/Russian asset Marjorie Traitor Greene introduces a resolution to bring down yet another Speaker
-- A couple of Republicans have put in their two-week notice (no, really), which brings the GOP majority down to +1 in a couple weeks
-- Democrats say they may save Russian asset and Speaker Mike Johnson if he agrees to put forward a Ukraine aid bill.
-- Black Sea Fleet keeps getting smaller

Meanwhile, in actual war targets land, Russian Refinery Bingo:

[Image: ul1w96w56cqc1.png]

The red text on the images comes from the original Ukrainian meme, which translates to Bayraktar'ed.  Not that they're still using Bayraktar drones, since Russia has a minimally-functional functional air defense, just they have meme status due to the early war where Russia had zero air defense.

Finally, someone is doing something about global warming!  Reportedly 10% of Russian refining capacity is down, but that doesn't affect exports of crude oil.  Also there were some reports that America told Ukraine to stop bombing refineries, Ukrainian diplomats denied receiving such messages.  So much propaganda...

[Image: vbwcef87ecpc1.jpeg]
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
I'll be honest, I still have the Bayraktar song (dance mix version) in my frequent-rotation playlist. As memes go it really struck gold.
--
‎noli esse culus
And here we see the end of the Black Sea Ropucha. Where once the Sea was filled with these grey landing craft, now they exist only in images and photographs. Their ultimate fate - that which awaits all creatures unable to meet the challenges of a changing environment - Extinction.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.