Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hang on a minute...
Hang on a minute...
If Trump is correct and he won the 2020 election, why is he planning to run in 2024? There's a Constitutional limit to two terms for any given President, isn't there?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: Hang on a minute...
Are you seriously suggesting that anyone who supports Trump and believes in his divine right to rule cares at all about anything as irrelevant as laws? Laws are for Democrats and poor people.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
In a 2018 comment at Crooked Timber, composer Frank Wilhoit Wrote:Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit:

There must be in-groups whom the law protectes (sic) but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.

There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time.

https://crookedtimber.org/2018/03/21/lib...ent-729288
There are such things as conservative principles.

Belief in the rule of law, the importance of truth, having a code of honor, believing that a rising tide lifts all boats.

The Trumpist party has no right to call themselves conservative. And people that believe in the divine right of kings have to right to call themselves republican.

Or to touch the American flag for that matter.
Quote:believing that a rising tide lifts all boats.

... and in allocating anchor cable in proportion to one's economic status.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Actually, the conservatives do not believe that a rising tide lifts all boats. No conservative party sincerely believes that, nor, as far as I know, has even sincerely believed that.

Because to them, the point isn't that growing the economy makes it better for everyone, the point is that the economy must be made better for them.
Oh, I'd say that they believe a rising tide lifts all boats. They own the boats.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
I seem to recall a conservative saint, what was his name?
Ron Jeremy? No.
Ron McDonald? No.
Ronald Reagan! He turned the Republican party to his new-fangled faith: "voodoo economics", where "you'll get yours" was borrowed from "laying up treasures in heaven" and turned into the idea that "you'll get some money, we promise! (it isn't like we can keep it ALL!)"
They say some voters are still waiting for theirs....
Well, all of them, really.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
"Being told to be 'open minded' about something is usually a code for 'you're not going to like this, but I want to subject you to it anyway'. Conversely, being told that you are 'closed-minded' is generally a means of asserting that 'I don't like the fact that you're proving me wrong, so I will pretend that your failure to agree with my argument is a philosophical deficiency'." - RationalWiki