Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FFn behaving erratically
FFn behaving erratically
For the past several days, when I try to view a Favorite Stories page (any of them) sometimes it will behave normally, and sometimes the most recent updates it will show are from months ago, typically July, sometimes as far back as May. Has anyone else been seeing this, or am I just some middle-point cache's extra-special friend? Tossing my own browser cache has no effect.
--
‎noli esse culus
RE: FFn behaving erratically
I don't have a ffn account, so I can't tell you, but hopefully someone else can help.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I have been experiencing this off and on since the 12th, particularly with browsing the various fandom index pages I have bookmarked. Some stories with new chapters have failed to link to the latest ones even when I use the Author's page and not the fandom index page (dogbertcarroll's recent chapter listed in the update thread specifically.)

Kilroy
Rumour has it (in other words, internet gossip) that all their resources are currently going into fictionpress at the moment.

For the last year or so links in update emails to new chapters have failed, but when I altered the url to the previous chapter these worked and I could click forwards to the next chapter.

I'm not sure how that stacks up with them having done some kind of update last month that crippled my downloader of choice though.

Is this the end of an era? I don't know, but IIRC, ff.net is about 20 years old, making it a dinosaur of the internet.