Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Formating query
Formating query
I was copying something over from GDocs, and for whatever reason, when I posted, it added a butt ton of line breaks between paragraphs, then added more every time I tried to edit it. Anyone know what's causing it, and how I could avoid it in future? 'Don't use Gdocs' will get a trout thrown at you Tongue
RE: Formating query
I know that it is or at least used to be a problem on SB and SV, and still is on QQ. I can only speculate that one end is running on a *nix server, and the other on 'doze, so carriage return + line feed control characters get turned into two lines when they encounter a system that's only looking for one of either to make a new line.

Unfortunately, the answer you don't want to hear is the only one I know of besides manually fixing it every time. My cloud-scorning self points and delivers a Simpsons mean kid laugh.
--
‎noli esse culus
Figured it would be something like that. And it was less Not Wanting To Hear It, and more That Already Occurred To Me, But The Fic Was Shared Via GDocs In The First Place Tongue
If you don't need to keep character formatting, paste from GDocs into a text file, then copy from the text file and paste into the forums. That usually strips out the funky GDocs formatting.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Yeah, that's always a good tactic. Also, some editors like Notepad++ let you use an extended find/replace to manipulate "invisible" characters like CR/LF, which can also come in handy.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....