Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midterms and why they matter
Midterms and why they matter
CBC Analysis: Here are 7 things that could change after the U.S. midterms

Quote:Roe v. Wade might not have been overturned the way it was, in its entirety, if not for the result of the U.S. midterm election of 2014.

Quote:The parties recently agreed on bipartisan bills aimed at competing with China, and at helping Ukraine against Russia.

But if Republicans win either chamber, everything gets harder for Biden. Even passing a future Ukraine bill seems less certain, amid vocal opposition from some Republicans.

Quote:There are election deniers or conspiracy theorists running to become the chief electoral officer in almost every swing state.

If you're eligible to vote in the midterms, please vote. I don't care who you vote for, as long as you make your voice heard.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: Midterms and why they matter
The Register: All the US midterm-related lies to expect when you're electing

CBC: How the U.S. midterm elections might change the conversation between Ottawa and Washington
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
At this point, maybe we should've put some effort into some disinformation. Spend a few bucks on Facebooker or something.

I mean, how hard could it be to convince a few dozen people that voting was split accross two days, with designated days for each group of registered voters? Due to one particular groups fears of threats from Proud Boys and the like..... blame the cowardly libs for it.

Democrats on Day 1, Republicans on Day 2.

Probably too simple.

I mean, everyone else is playing dirty.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
I just came back from my polling place. Glad to see a lot of people and the line was flowing smoothly.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg