Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Twitpocalypse
The Twitpocalypse
Since the Muskinator freed the bird - let that sink in - meme doge lol - things have descended into an ever steepening spiral of madness. Like that overconfident VFR aviator blundering into thick IMC Elon is sitting there sweating and nervous with the tach in the red, the altimeter unwinding and nothing but the inevitable coming to meet him.

This saga of course began with 50% of twitter's employees discovering they were fired when they logged in in the morning. Apparently, these layoffs were determined completely at random - or by some arcane an foolish metric as it quickly became obvious that some of those people were the people who actually knew how shit worked. They knew where the load-bearing macintosh was.

--But not if they worked from home. It's assumed they've resigned (A real problem for Irish Employees because nobody can afford to live in Dublin anymore.)

Then, the Blue Mark.
Lockheed Martini announcing it would no longer ship weapons to Isreal and Saudi Arabia. It's stock collapsed
Eli Lily announced Insulin was no free for all.  It's stock collapsed.
Chiquita fgloated about overthrowing Brazing (With the *real* chiquita account claiming they haven't done that since 1954)
Dark Brandon didn't announcing the outlawing of Russia and the Launching of the missiles - but I suppose that's only because that account didn't go viral.
Donald Trump admitting defeat
An Elon Musk Impersonator joking about how you could tell a Parodied Senator's account from the Parody. (No wait, that was really Elon. Strong and stable genius). Needless to say, said Senator was properly pissed off, and claims to be working on multiple investigations into Musk and his companies....

I mean.

Imagine if Boeing's CEO took a 737-Max up for a spin? And then decided to see if it could do a barrel roll. While flipping switches to see if it could still fly with 'unnecessary systems' switch off. All while flipping the FAA the bird and sucking on a spliff?
Same energy.
Probably the same result.

Crash and burn
----

And now, The Emerald Dotard has broken twitters 2FA while spiting an engineer he just fired publicly because some twit on Twatter say 'You let your people talk back to you like that'.

He switched off the services that send text messages while you try to log in, locking people out. He's muntzing the microservices his site runs on. And muntzing the employees while he's at it.

The Register has a nice summary, with probably better paraphrasing and less profanity

----

This whole thing is like watching an episode of Air Crash Investigations, from inside the fucking plane.

-----

Come find me on mastodon, if you care. It's about to get eternal septembered but it hasn't quite happened yet.

@DartzIRL@mastodon.ie

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
RE: The Twitpocalypse
well, to repost something I used in the images thread:

[Image: jo8nhcT.jpg]
I am of two minds about this.

My inner immature 11-year-old who likes roasting ants with a magnifying glass finds it funny a guy entirely possibly paid 44 billion dollars for something so he could legally set it on fire.

On the other hand, my current employer does use Twitter for reposting links to their review articles on our official site, and I will not be happy if that is compromised by all these shenanigans, and those who also use Twitter for perfectly legitimate business and other purposes of that nature really should not have to worry someone is going to make them look like they endorse terrorism or some other evil/insane acts to the detriment of their solvency and reputation.
* robkelk blows dust off thread

More than 30 million people signed up for Meta's new Threads app - in seven hours

Twitter sends Meta cease-and-desist letter over new Threads app: Sources

Are you on Threads yet? Here's what you're giving away

(Disclosure notice: I hold stock in one of Meta's major competitors)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Shockingly enough, Threads is so bad with stealing data it was banned from the word go in the EU.

I'm shocked, are you shocked? Tongue
And now here's Corbin Dallas with the word of the day, how you feeling Corbin!?

(absolute deadpan): "Shocked."
--
‎noli esse culus
The Register: European Commission veep Vera Jourova said in a speech on Tuesday that Elon Musk's social media service X, formerly known as Twitter, has the highest ratio of disinformation among large social media platforms.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown