Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An unlucky couple of days
An unlucky couple of days
* Dad rolled off the bed yesterday, and we had a job getting him unstuck and back upright. No injuries there, but it made for a sleepless night.
* A thump and rattle inthe chimney heralded it acting as f almstor completely blocked, meaning jst one little electric heater to keep the chill off on the coldest night and day so far this year
* While sitting under an electric blanket at the computer, the video suudden[y cut out. All signs so far poit to the graphics card having died, but I don't have a good one to test with. Currently using a decade old, third hand Android tablet for internet access, which holds a charge for aroud ten minutes if taken off the usb cable
* Upon gettingbup to investigate the sudden lack of video, discovered the ablanket had put burns across my toes and ankle, which I did not notice happening and still only sense as an odd tingle even knowing they're there.
* dropped two sets of bandages trying to get the damn thing wrapped up to prevent abrading it and getting shoe scudge in the burns. Keeping burns sterile is really impoetant, so those bandages had to go in the trash.
* have an appointment tomrrow but it's only for getting blood drawn, at an office in the opposite direction from e clinic where they do emergency room stuff. I predict a long and annoyng day trying to get it looked at.
* GDMF onscreen keyboard is my nemesis, and I lack the patience to fix all these typos
* also, it'scold hanging my arms out of the (not electric) blankets

The forum i not a blog, yes, but I really just had to complain a bit. Aplogies for wasting yourtime.I'll likely regret postinh at all after getting some sleep, assuming wory about why I didn't notice and now growing pain in my foot lets me sleep aall.

FML

just

FML
--
‎noli esse culus
RE: An unlucky couple of days
I suppose if theres a bright side to be found in cmputer troubles, its inhaving an xcuse to upgrade ahead of schedule. Inthis case, Radeon RX580 8Gb to Geforce RTX 3060 12Gb, along with finally populating the second pair of RAM sockets with 16Gb each and a bigger M.2 NVMe boot drive to accomodate the bigger swap partition the doubled RAM will require. Now I can play no hgh-spec games and do no rendering in Blender twice as much and four times as fast! Yay?

Well, I threw in a 43" 4k TV to replace my 27" 1080p one as a cheapskate monitor too, so four times the digital workspace too. That'll be handy when I'm not drawing and or painting things in GIMP, with that tabletI plugged in once then set aside and bever touchd again. Because why not when thebudget'ys already blown anyway, right?

At least it finally got me to unload the platoon of toys that had accreted on top of the computer case so I can get inside to work on ot, and also brush and airblast away three years of dust, and finally install the Noctua cooler I bought in summer 2020 or so because the AMD stock CPU heat sink and fan couln'tkeep even a not-quite-bottom-of-the-line six core 3600 from thermlly throttling in about three seconds with even New England's relatively tame summer weather.

Happy thiuoghts, to hopefully carry me rgeough the regular ordeal of a large gathering of people I xan't easily avoid attending, since wvweyne's gotten used to COVID by now and moved on to the latest catastrophy.

Cheers, everyone, it's a great day to not be turkey!
--
‎noli esse culus