Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There's no way that Doug could have missed this...
There's no way that Doug could have missed this...
... because it's been sitting next door to the Roppongi Hard Rock Cafe since 1987.

Quoting from Wikivoyage:
Quote:Tony Roma's, 5-4-20 Roppongi (next to Hard Rock Cafe), ☏ +81 3 3408-2748. Step out of Japan and into the United States; the bilingual staff and English-only menu might make you forget you are in Tokyo. The restaurant features their trademark ribs, worth the price which starts at ¥1880. The Texas Mud Pie is the cure for tiny Japanese desserts.

Apparently, this Miami-based baby-back-ribs chain has seven locations in Japan. (And two in LA, but none near Bob or me.)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: There's no way that Doug could have missed this...
Not just next door, but in the same building. I actually mentioned it in the passage where Doug takes Usagi and Luna to the HRC for the first time.

But yeah. Maybe I should have one of the Senshi ask about it.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(12-18-2022, 08:48 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Not just next door, but in the same building.  I actually mentioned it in the passage where Doug takes Usagi and Luna to the HRC for the first time.

Did you? All I'm finding in Chapter 3 is that it was "almost literally wedged into a small space behind a mall with a couple schools and assorted businesses crowding in on it from the other sides." Grepping on 'tony', 'roma', 'ribs', 'barbe' and 'bbq' all turned up nothing that looked relevant. The closest match I could find is a mention of Usagi trying the Pig Sandwich after the events equivalent to "Usagi learns her lesson! Becoming a star is hard work".
Well, crap, you're right. I could've sworn otherwise. I don't even have anything in my discards file about it.

Turns out the only place I've mentioned it is on the HRC pin in my Google Earth project for DWS. That's probably what I've been thinking of all this time.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....