Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Where is Ozzallos these days?
Where is Ozzallos these days?
As I recall, he gave up on ff.net and retreated into some small fanfic community like the Fanfiction Federation, but I don't remember which one. I do remember that it had dedicated areas for him and other authors to post their works. I'd like to see if he's followed up on some of his stories that have been stagnant since his retreat. Does anyone know where he's hanging out these days and if he's still writing?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: Where is Ozzallos these days?
Did you try on AO3, that seems to be the big new place everyone has been going to the past few years.
They have a Patreon, but it hasn't been updated in over a year, and wasn't updated all that often even before that. Their last Fanfic Federation post appears to have been five years ago, and they haven't accessed that site in 2.5 years.
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
<sigh> I was afraid it would be something like that. I suppose I should go get myself a Fanfic Federation membership and see what if anything I haven't seen yet is there.

Thanks, Shepherd.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
He has a discord server now, and what little he still writes has only been posted there. Mostly drafts and such rather than real updates
I have so far resisted the urge to add another social network to the ones I already use, but I suppose it's finally time to actually try to use Discord. Thanks.
-- Bob

Well. As it turns out, I apparently installed Discord years ago and never did anything with it. Unfortunately the only pointer I've found to Ozz on Discord appears to be outdated thanks to a mandatory renaming scheme? You wouldn't happen to be willing to share the name of his server, would you?

EDIT: Never mind, as soon as I posted that I found the invite he posted on Fanfiction Federation under an inobvious message subject.
-- Bob

Are you able to pass along the invite, Bob? I would like to join as well.
My gaming group uses a Discord server to hold our games (voice and image sharing)

Kilroy
Sure, I should be able to find it again when I get home.
-- Bob