Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June 22, 2015: Welcome to the Future
June 22, 2015: Welcome to the Future
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/06/22/c ... ion-begin/
That's right kids, we are now officially in the days when Evangelion was supposed to have happened.  Fortunately for us, it looks like it's not going to happen.  But what about the things that Eva predicted correctly?  We have:
  • Sea level still rising
  • Japanese population falling
  • People still using HOPE as a password (stored in plaintext of course)
  • Given the above, computers trusted with life and death decisions anyway, sometimes with consensus algorithms
  • Automated flying killing machines are available, but ours are smaller
  • Most symbolism IRL is also irrelevant
  • Dick Cheney lives in the GeoFront
Sadly, the recent attempt to put a Lance of Longinus on the Moon has failed.  But other than that, a pretty good prediction.  At this rate, Japan will perfect the sexaroid in the next 17 years.
-- ∇×V

HAH! And, not knowing what today was, I wore my Eva-01 'mask' shirt.

vorticity Wrote:Sadly, the recent attempt to put a Lance of Longinus on the Moon has failed.  But other than that, a pretty good prediction.  At this rate, Japan will perfect the sexaroid in the next 17 years.

this is actually in the works already... there's a company working on putting an AI in a sex-doll so it can have "more realistic responses"... i'm sure someone intrepid can dig up the url
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.