Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aim for the Top
Aim for the Top
I wonder what would happen with Doug jumping into the Gunbuster/Diebuster world.
I would like to see what he'd do on the scale of battle that just keeps on escalating and his reaction to using the Earth as a weapon during the last episode of Top 2.
Certainly the Top 2 time period would the furthest into the future that Doug has gone.
Also: character interactions. I'm wracking my brain but not sure how Doug interacts with loveable bubble-headed naifs like Nono. Once learning she's a gynoid, would his techie wonkiness come to fore?
-murmur
Well, I suppose he could go to that world during Top 1 but most of the action takes place off the solar system
Re: Aim for the Top
Yet another setting I'm totally unfamiliar with...

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....
You're not familiar with Gunbuster? One of the very first two anime released professionally in North America? The origin of the fan term "gainaxing"? (link might be considered NSFW, if the workplace is puritanical)
We've got to get you a copy of the original OAV series, at least. Pity it costs a small fortune...
-Rob Kelk
"Actually, my goal is to write neat stories. The money just makes it possible for me to write them faster and then buy neat toys."
Ryk E. Spoor, 7 November 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Well, I know it exists, but I've never seen it.
And oh, I know what gainaxing means. I wrote the original entry for it on the TV tropes website...

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....