Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Painful thoughts! The hurting!!
Progress Report
Good- we aims to please.
I've been watching the anime again, and taking copious notes (not exactly the most orderly or intelligible, but inspired, and very very copious). I'm up to Season 2, but my sounding board and co-viewer is... distracted (too many hobbies, and we're both starting classes again).
Backstory is at an alpha stage: complete, but requiring much revision. Once at beta, I start writing (it's already thought up) the outline. My Muses are still working at 250%, so it's going. It's just slow.
I'll start a Stagger-only thread once the actual story begins to write itself. Then, as now, ideas are very welcome (that last one went straight into my files!) Title ideas are much in demand, as are character interaction ideas, and things that just sound cool.Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
Re: Progress Report
Well, I advise looking up Bugs-meets-Hairy-Monster dialogue, of the "Aren't YOU a big one!" variety. You'll at least get a couple of quips, and maybe a title.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
"My, he's a BIG one!"
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Or I suppose you could make some kind of 'paradigm shift' pun - "Paradigm Shifting Without a Clutch" or something.
- CD working the paradigm shiftSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Ladies and gentlemen, I have Doug's initial reaction to Big O, and my Chapter 1/Prologue title!
Edit:
For when Doug sees Duo (chapter or verse- haven't decided):
"Ooh, look at that two-legged airplane!"
The Rabbit is much like the Bible: they both have words for every occasion.Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...

I've been writing a bit.
Works for me.
-- Bob
---------
passing thought
a possible line for use by Bob or bluemage or whoever.
Doug's trying to stop a runaway/out of control vehical of somesort and quotes Yosemity Sam.
"When I say whoa, I mean whoa!"
on a simular thought, I can see Doug dealing with a large animal or an Artificial Stupidity and muttering "Dragons are sooo stupid."
8P
Thanks- I already have a spot for that one!
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...

I've been writing a bit.
Re: passing thought
Well,this isn't the first time I've seen that phrase used in a superhero work-Fred Perry had Gowthrain use that exact phrase just after Debra had triggerred a boobytrapped scroll in his Gold Digger comic book."There's only one kind of monster that uses bullets"-Colonel VanHeusen , from "It! The Terror From Beyond Space"
Re: passing thought
Quote:
on a simular thought, I can see Doug dealing with a large animal or an Artificial Stupidity and muttering "Dragons are sooo stupid."
"Dragons is sooooo stupid" is already queued up for use in the Harry Potter Step.
-- Bob
---------
Same as this guy.
Besides, I'm going for more of a "Giant humanoid robots. Why did it have to be giant humanoid robots?" reaction.
Edit: Something that will probably be heard in the streets of Paradigm:

Just call me angel of the morning, angel...

I've been writing a bit.
Re: Same as this guy.
Quote:
"Giant humanoid robots. Why did it have to be giant humanoid robots?"
Doesn't quite fit the rythym...
"Mechs. Why did it have to be mechs?"
"Mechs. Very dangerous. You go first."
Put In- er, Loony in a slouch fedora, and you're all set... (But talk about a Paradigm shift!)

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Re: Same as this guy.
And the obligatory dialogue exchange involving Doug in the fedora...
"Do you work for Paradigm?"
"No, I'm an indy..." *rimshot*