Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh. OWCH!
Oh. OWCH!
Ever get smacked in the head with cockeyed ideas?
The thought of "places where Doug can relax" in another thread got me to thinking...which is always bad.
The fact that Doug is unaware of "metafictionality" precludes this from being used as a Step, I think, but if Doug were loking for the *perfect* vacation spot?
How about working as an extra in the latest Damien Drake film?
That's right; Looney Toons in the "Looney Tunes: Back In Action" universe, opposing the latest nefarious plot from Acme Corp.
Does anybody else's brain hurt now?
Re: Oh. OWCH!
Yow. I wouldn't know where to begin with that... such a surplus of riches...
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
sounds sorta like my idea for a Tiny Toons stagger. 8)
meaning that Doug would get to intereact with Bugs and Co.
Go for "Space Jam", or "Who Framed Rodger Rabbit?", where the toon world is an accessible side universe.
It would be oddly perfect if the merry melodies theme had lyrics which allowed it to be used as a gate song Big Grin_______________________________
We're definitely playing this game wrong. I thought Vampire was supposed to be a game of personal horror, not about ninja airstrikes
at night.
- A friend after playing a session of Dark Ages Vampire.
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. THERE IS ONLY WAR!
-Same friend.
Quote:
It would be oddly perfect if the merry melodies theme had lyrics which allowed it to be used as a gate song Big Grin
Try these.
Quote:
Oh Mache' Curb the Lights!
This a zit? Deny the knights!
No Morey -- hearse
Ignore nursing apart.
Ween? Oh, Avery part! Pie art!
Oh, Mature! Curb the Lights!
This a zit? We lit the hides!
And owe what hides we lit.
Unwitting Joe, This a zit?
Hit the link for explanation...
Wouldn't that necessarily require him to actually know the show in question in order to go there? That and its a giant in joke... even if he understood it he would probably end up locked in the water tower with the Warners from Animaniacs... with a massive hangover. Which would make it a 'I'll Play for You' song that sends you to a type of Hell.
Being sent to those nuts (while they are stir crazy no less)... would either make you run screaming from anything that even looks like a drug... or be institutionalized.
That and I see no gate song key words about travel or roads or anything.
Quote:
Wouldn't that necessarily require him to actually know the show in question in order to go there?
Doug not know the Buggs Bunny and Daffy Show opening theme?
:rofl
You Didn't hit the link did you?
They're the actual words from the introductory chorus of the Bugs Bunny and Daffy show.
Quote:
That and its a giant in joke...
The real Joke is that That God loves Irony, and it's a hot one.
The song is already loaded into his helmet!
and doesn't trip the key word search.
Quote:
even if he understood it he would probably end up locked in the water tower with the Warners from Animaniacs
That is a different song altogether, and the Warners have a knack for escaping said locked tower.
Quote:
The real Joke is that That God loves Irony, and it's a hot one.
Yes... but what is it you think is actually the trigger here? You acknowledge that it doesn't contain the key words that have worked for so far... but insist it makes sense as a gate song... I can't except 'It would be funny, even if it ignores the given rules and doesn't actually make sense outside amusement value.'
I'm also sure they changed the words by the time I saw that show in the '80s/90s. Censors/executive decisions do stuff like that. So laughing at me for only knowing the words sung on air during my life times makes you a jerk, arrogant, and/or deluded. I did read the link or how exactly did I know it was all in jokes? The first guy heard the newer version.
Quote:
the Warners have a knack for escaping said locked tower
It took them decades the first time (50-60 years I think)... that was why they caused such problems... people just didn't know what these things are... and I'm not talking species.
Quote:
I can't except 'It would be funny, even if it ignores the given rules and doesn't actually make sense outside amusement value.'
Then you accept that it could actualy work even if it was just for that reason. (which It's not)
Given Doug's metatalent I find it funny that you expect magic to follow rules let alone under stand them.
Quote:
So laughing at me for only knowing the words sung on air during my life times makes you a jerk, arrogant, and/or deluded.
No, I'm laughing at the fact that you think that Doug doesn't know Looney Toons ... even if it is a bad pun.
The song works because all toons are by nature comedic actors, and all their world is a stage. The fact the song has to be a collection of in-jokes based on the Thespian Lifestyle just for it to work is an Ironic bonus.
So, if I come accross as a jerk, arrogant and/or deluded on occasion then, all I can say is that I am but a humble member of a species of arrogantly deluded jerks. At least I can laugh at my self Mr. Pot.
Quote:
Then you accept that it could actualy work even if it was just for that reason. (which It's not)
No You are mocking me and missing my point. Ignoring the illogicalness of such a Loony Tunes Fan having that theme song in his helmet for years and never listening to it EVER. For this to work he has to here the song for the first time (at least sense getting his powers), have never used it, or tried to use it, or tried to force it to do something. Its not just the gate song aspect your screwing up here its Dougs basic powers.
If you said the song was to summon the/a Loony Tunes themselves/itself/himself/herself as one or more of his avatar golem things then I could see it. If you said it turned LT into Bugs Bunny (or effectively gave him the powers of Bugs verses the other target) in a half tux and the other target into Daffy (or effectively Daffy to his Bugs) in a half tux, then let him beat the Daffy Duck regardless of at what for the duration. I could buy it. If it sent them to a stage where you cant die and injury makes you look stupid/singed I could buy that. If it allowed a TV to show any epidsoe of LT he wants for the duration, until the end of the episode... I could buy that.
On the other hand your argument is Hey this works as long as we totally ignore how the characters powers work in the first place.
Quote:
Given Doug's metatalent I find it funny that you expect magic to follow rules let alone under stand them.
Yes, because I've actually read his extensive character sheet and the stories with him in it, I do actually expect his powers to function in the same way they have previously. Otherwise we'd get what I like to call bad writing and crappy fanfiction plot devices. See... his Character sheet contains such things. If he could just arbitrarily rewrite it at will he'd be Red Mage from 8-Bit Theater and not the charicter who we are discusing the powers of.
Quote:
Ignoring the illogicalness of such a Loony Tunes Fan having that theme song in his helmet for years and never listening to it EVER. For this to work he has to here the song for the first time (at least sense getting his powers), have never used it, or tried to use it, or tried to force it to do something.
He has heard it repeatedly, probably only in part because the producers limited the opening to only one or two verses. The effect didn't have time to take affect. So The song comes off as one of those "It's doing something but I don't know what it's doing songs."
In the limited form all it should do is draw a crowd. If he plays the song in full for a change it should work as a Gate song, because The Whole Song hits the subconcience as an "Invitation to Come see the Show."
So play the whole song and Open the Doors To the Theater, and let Doug go in.

Oh, as for the mocking. Your right, I shouldn't be mocking you when you've apparently locked yourself on to a point of view. I beg forgiveness for causing you pain.
Now let's stop this here. before we get banned from the forum, for having a flame war.
Quote:
"Invitation to Come see the Show."
That could summon something very bad. Like Bored Space dragon or Sayin Planet collector... Still the stage pocket dimension is the closest I see... thought the pay attention to me power has already got a song... he used it in DW2. The KnightSabers didn't like it much.
Quote:
I beg forgiveness for causing you pain.
If by causing pain and being locked into on to a point of view, you mean not being able to read your mind for how it works as a gate song over the internet and actually following the established system for how LT's power work then excepted... anything else I can see is your declaring a last word battle. Which any other response to it, outside a sigh, will be cyclical.