Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another "maybe not" setting...
Another "maybe not" setting...
It's an interesting game, and internally self-consistent (I think), but if Doug were to end up dumped into the setting for Diana: Warrior Princess, he might yearn for the relative sanity of the Urusei Yatsura or Paranoia settings...
(For those of you not familiar with the game, imagine a television-series production company a few centuries down the line taking as much care and attention with our time as our time's television-series production companies took with ancient Greece to create Xena: Warrior Princess, and producing the title series. The "spinoff series" supplement Elvis: The Legendary Tours is also available.)
Doug would hate it. The readers would probably love it. I don't have time to write it...

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Re: Another "maybe not" setting...
That is so bizarre-sounding that I'm going to have to buy a copy...
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Since this isn't as well-known as I thought it would be, here's some of the back-story...
After divorcing her husband (Bonnie Prince Charles) because of his shady business practices, Diana sets out on a self-appointed mission - to act as a warrior in order to end war. She has a small group of allies, but the ones who show up most often are her red-haired sidekick Fergie and the American fast-talking genius Wild Bill Gates.
They go up against Elizabeth (who didn't approve of the divorce) and her sorcerous minister Thatcher, who have London in their complete thrall; Victoria and her husband Albert Einstein, who rule from their castle in Windsor, Ontario; the American religious despot King Martin Luther; and assorted other nasty types... but Diana's archnemisis is the God of War, Landmines.
There are various guest characters - the female astronaut Nell Armstrong, boxer-scientist Joe Louis Pasteur, travelling medic and bard Billie "Doc" Holliday, ...
Well, you get the idea. I hope.
As I said, Doug would hate the setting.

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Let me guess, William Shatner is a great singer as well.
The real Willam Shatner is (in)famous for his singing. Notably, a very bad singer.--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
--------------------
My guess would be more that he's the oxer-figure in Elvis: The Legendary Tours, myself...
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
A kung-fu nun in a leather thong was no less extreme than anything else he had seen that day. - Rev. Dark's IST: Holy Sea World
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Actually, the backstory behind Elvis:... is that Elvis was exiled from the Land of Grace by his half-brother, Costello, and thus is forced to wander America with his friends/backup band, John Lenin, "Senator" Joe McCartney, Billie "Doc" Holliday, Jean-Claude Van Halen (master of the martial art Su-doku), and roadie Bob the Builder Marley.
No word on Shatner in the rulebook... but I like your idea and may steal it for my own game.

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

I repeat: I must buy this book.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Ditto. It's also illustrated by Aaron Williams, the guy who does "Nodwick" and "PS 238."Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Two books, actually - Diana (just updated with errata fixes, BTW) and Elvis. But you can buy both PDFs and still have change back from a $10 bill.

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Jack Chick?
Gary Gygax?
Marilyn Monore?
Madonna?--------------------
--------------------
Quote:
Jack Chick?
Not in the game yet, but one of the other "spinoff series" mentioned in Diana:... is "Gandhi's Angels". Jack Chick could fit in with "Babe" Ruth and Toni Curtis as they go up against the evil Ivy League...
Quote:
Marilyn Monore?
She's already mentioned in the game. One of the characters in the spinoff "Richard of Holywood", Maid Marilyn fights the evil Sherrif of Hollywood (and his American uncle, Sam) alongside Tiny Tim, Will Shakespeare, and their kindly leader, deposed duke Richard of Nixon...
Quote:
Madonna?
She's not in the rules, but with a name like that, she simply must be working for King Martin Luther, right?

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Isn't the author of these RPG books Marcus Rowland who is also a very active fanfiction writer focusing on unusual Buffy x-overs?
www.fanfiction.net/u/334816/
Marcus Rowland.
Yep. It's the same guy.