Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-Anime Steps
Re: TV Schedule
If it hasn't already been suggested, then, of course, Quantum Leap. It would be fun to see Doug interacting with Sam Beckett...
--
[Image: image,Sukael,white,black.png]
Re: TV Schedule
Actually, Quantum Leap has been on the short list since the beginning. I have no real plot yet, but it's something I do want to try.

-- Bob
---------
It's spelt "Frodo Baggins" but it's pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove."
Quantum Leap
I forgot how you were gonna implement that...
Was Doug gonna be in a similar boat to Sam, or was he going to show up during one of Sam's leaps?
Kinda funny if Sam's "leapt" into one of his female roles and Doug can see Sam for who he really is due to magesight... Especially if Sam leaps in while Doug's talking to the lady in question. Smile
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: Quantum Leap
Like I said, it's pretty much been in the "wannado" column and hasn't even gotten as far as "got a cool idea!"

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Kinda funny if Sam's "leapt" into one of his female roles and Doug can see Sam for who he really is due to magesight... Especially if Sam leaps in while Doug's talking to the lady in question. Smile
I think this would be even funnier:
"Hey, you! Get out of my head!"
Either he couldn't hear my thoughts or he didn't care. He looked at my body in the mirror, took note of the Warriors uniform, then saw the U.N. logo on the helmet and said "Oh, boy."
Just a thought...
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Actually,from what i know of the episodes and Innovation's Quantum Leap comic,what Sam does (in Hero System terms) is a combination of Extra-Dimensional Movement (Time Travel) and Linked Shapeshift.He just shifts times and places with somebody within his own lifetime,and shapeshifts to look like that person.
So Doug would just appear in the Waiting Room...(I think that's what it's called) looking like Sam Beckett..."There's only one kind of monster that uses bullets"-Colonel VanHeusen , from "It! The Terror From Beyond Space"
That's what happens to normal people. Doug isn't normal...
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Also consider how some Powers like toying with Doug (mainly because of his attitude) and the hints that a Power is behind Sam's leaps... and add in the affect of Doug's field on the Accelerator... To paraphrase a certain admiral, things just might go a little ca-ca...

-- Bob
---------
I could just see Doug and Sam meeting each other for Doug's first time.
Having Doug doing a double "Spit" take when Sam says something along the lines of,
"Oh no, not _you_ again. Didn't we do enough damage the first time?"
A loopback with opposing arrows of causality would be a great device to use, yes...

-- Bob
---------
Quantum Leap
"So let me get this straight, we have to make sure this eccentric inventor: hits his head on the sink in his bathroom, gets involved in some wacky meteorological experiment with a clock tower, and meets Libyan terrorists?"
"That's right, Sam."
"Why?"
"I'm not sure but Ziggy says that if we don't this part of California will turn into some sort of slum instead of the nice neighborhood it should be...."
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat

-- James Nicoll
<snort>

-- Bob
---------
I ran across a weirdly appropriate cartoon recently: Bugs Bunny is standing there, hands on his hips, as Daffy Duck, smoking a cigar, comes through an odd sort of doorway. Daffy says, "Ah, Sam! Ziggy finally found you. You'll never guess where you leaped this time."
DHBirr
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Sadly, that reminds me of a Tiny Toon Adventures/Quantum Leap cross I read one rainy afternoon. Sam leaps into a primadonna version of Buster Bunny in a embryonic version of Tiny Toons that's doomed to failure unless Sam gets Steven Spielberg and the classic Looney Tunes into the act...

-- James Nicoll
Re: Re: Quantum Leap
Quote:
Bah. Weapons technology is what advances the fastest of all, so all that means is that we're likely to see our own extinction - though as noted with less and less forewarning.

Actually, if you look at it a certain way...
We just keep developing faster throwing rocks, sharper pointy sticks, and hotter fire.
Muppets
How about Doug waking up in the backstage area of the Muppet Theatre, and finding out that, due to the scheduled guest having a last-minute complication, that *he* is now the guest of the week?
Although it seems more like a stagger than a step on the Walk.--
"It is as if I were one of those minor characters in a melodrama who gets shuffled offstage without ever learning how things turn out." Bill Roth
"I can appreciate the feeling. My own role sometimes makes me want to strangle the author." - Corwin of Amber
-- The Chronicles of Amber: Sign of the Unicorn
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Re: Muppets
Quote:
How about Doug waking up in the backstage area of the Muppet Theatre, and finding out that, due to the scheduled guest having a last-minute complication, that *he* is now the guest of the week?
With the big musical number at the end being the song that opens the gateway to the next Step in the Walk, of course - I hope Doug brought the 'bike on stage with him...
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Didn't someone already do this with Ryouga, years ago?
Hell, the actual show put one of their writers on as the guest host once.

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
Quote:
I think that Doug would be more likely to 'step' into the world of "Greg the Bunny", as it's a much larger world, and has a greater potential for cross-genre mayhem.
Smile~
Greg The Bunny
How did I miss this program when it was on the air?

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
re: Greg the Bunny
It wasn't on for terribly long, and it's timeslot put it up against a ratings juggernaut, IIRC.

-- James Nicoll
Re: re: Greg the Bunny
More likely the "not terribly long" was the factor for me rather than the ratings juggernaut. I don't watch a lot of television and what I do watch I start because of word-of-mouth.

-- Bob
---------