Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plot Bunny II for a Sakura Taisen Step
Plot Bunny II for a Sakura Taisen Step
This has been niggling at me lately. If there is to be a Sakura Taisen step, this question has got to be answered:
What plays (or musicals) can be played (courtesy of Doug) and who would be cast into what roles?
This I believe is a tough question because you need to be familiar with both the play/musicals and Sakura Taisen.
So let me lead off with a musical that I broached at an earlier thread:
Andrew Llyoyd Weber's Phantom of the Opera (note the trademark)
The big question as far as casting goes is who will play the roles of Christine, Raul and the Phantom respectively?
I expect that the role of Christine will be the focus of ferocious competition among the Hanagumi. Sumire, Orihime and Sakura can play the role quite well. Kohran and Reni might be able to pull it off (though it would be a stretch). Though, if you were casting against type, Maria would be a perfect choice.
The roles of the Phantom and Raul would would be interesting.
If you're casting to type...Maria could fill the role of the Phantom (after all she played Skull X). but if she plays the part of Christine...who plays that critical role?...none of the other Hanagumi can play a dark male character well enough (*cocks eye at a certain Loon*)
As to the role of Raul....Kanna would be the first choice...but my thought is that Ohgami would be perfect for the role.
As to the role of Prima Donna....two guesses who? ^^
It'd might be fun to announce the role of Raul first then have a competition to see who plays the role of Christine next.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Re: Plot Bunny II for a Sakura Taisen Step
ya know if doug ever did participate in a hanagumi musical production he'd have to perform deaf thru out the whole thing because I refuse to believe that the hanagumi singing onstage would have no effect on him or rather no effect on his metatalent. -_-_____________________________
JAYNE: "You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here!"
I looked at the FAQ and two songs playing simultaneously will null Doug's metagift. So if he's wearing headphones (buds or cans?....be interesting what Kohran can whip up for him!) during the production, it should prevent any unwanted effects from popping up. Though it would be interesting to see what happens during rehersals .
But I am curious....can a "white noise" sound or a pure musical tone null Doug's metagift?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Re: It can be done.
Quote:
So if he's wearing headphones (buds or cans?....be interesting what Kohran can whip up for him!)
If Kohran makes them, then they're likely to explode at the end of the performance...
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
I do believe that has been addressed in the 2nd Walk. He wore some earplugs that played nonsenical music to nullify any other music he may have heard that night.Just because I play a chimera doesn't mean I have the stone skin.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
Earplug, singular, that ran an endless synthesized little tune -- just enough to interfere with anything he happened to overhear.
No, Doug will not be "on-stage" with the Hanagumi if I write this -- particularly because it seems to me to be an especially egregious SI sin. Also because, have you ever tried to sing one song while another is playing in your ear? It doesn't work.
As far as other theatre jobs are concerned, he might be able to keep up with the stage hands.-- Bob
---------
Chaos isn't really chaos if it isn't Lawful part of the time.
Okay
Quote:
No, Doug will not be "on-stage" with the Hanagumi if I write this -- particularly because it seems to me to be an especially egregious SI sin. Also because, have you ever tried to sing one song while another is playing in your ear? It doesn't work.
But it would make a funny scene during rehearsals. It makes a good reason for Doug not to be on stage with them.
Quote:
As far as other theatre jobs are concerned, he might be able to keep up with the stage hands.

I have a better idea....make-up and costume designer!
Daaaahling! We really must do something about that horrid hair! Aack! And does clothes! No! No, no, no, no, nooo! Leave your pretty little self in my hands and will make you the envy of the theater!
Remember the designer in the Incredibles?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Hollwood Doug
Quote:
Daaaahling! We really must do something about that horrid hair! Aack! And does clothes! No! No, no, no, no, nooo! Leave your pretty little self in my hands and will make you the envy of the theater!
Remember the designer in the Incredibles?

"Edna Mole." Klack-buzz-KA-CHAK! "...and guest."
STILL cracks me up, every time. And the "Jack-Jack Attacks" special on the DVD... oy! Kari can babysit my kids anytime (if I ever had any).
ANYway... Doug, doing his best impression of the stereotypical musical-theatah light-in-thah-loafahs type of guy... like wossisname who did Robin William's makeup in "Mrs Doubtfire."
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! Run! RUN FOR THE HILLS!
Ahem.
But, yes, I could see Doug just hamming the ever-living HECK out of such a role. Even offstage.
"You know... I've always wanted to direct...."
Re: Hollwood Doug
You mean the character Harvey Fierstein played?
Actually, I was thinking more of Bugs Bunny in full "hairdresser" mode:
"You monsters are such interesting creatures! I was just saying to my girlfriend, just the other day, 'Monsters are such interesting people! Why I'll bet they lead such interesting lives!' The things you must see and the things you must do! My stars!"
-- Bob
---------
Trumped
Quote:
You mean the character Harvey Fierstein played?

D'oh! Yes, that's the one I was thinking of.
Quote:
Actually, I was thinking more of Bugs Bunny in full "hairdresser" mode:
"You monsters are such interesting creatures! I was just saying to my girlfriend, just the other day, 'Monsters are such interesting people! Why I'll bet they lead such interesting lives!' The things you must see and the things you must do! My stars!"

Okay, you win -- Doug's Totem Animal trumps Hollyweirdness every time. Although I *do* suspect that Fierstein's character is at least somewhat *informed* by Bugs' various gender-bending/blurring roles....
-- David
"Try growing up with a father as bishounen as mine, and then see what kind of gender-confusion issues YOU have!" Ukyou Saionji, _Revolutionary 1/2-Girl Ranma_
Re: Trumped
Well, given that Harvey Fierstein is a rather famous gay playwright/actor (at least famous in the NYC area, where he is a near-constant presence on Broadway, most recently, IIRC, as the mother in "Hairspray"), I suspect that it's not so much Bugs Bunny as his own semi-camp image that's getting play here.
(Who was it on "Saturday Night Live" years ago that did the absolutely on-target Fierstein impression? Jon Lovitz? That gravelly voice going, "I just want to be loved. Is that so wroooooong?" is what I always think of when I think of Fierstein, whether or not he ever actually said it himself.)-- Bob
---------
Re: Another Hollywood
There's also the Hollywood from the movie "Mannequin". ^^
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Re: Another Hollywood
Oooh, yeah. Can we talk major camp stereotype? -- Bob
---------