Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible destination
Possible destination
One step I'd like to see is in the world of Gunslinger Girl.
I don't know if this has been suggested yet or not, but I think it'd make a nice place for a step.
On the one hand there is quite a bit of combat in the series, but most of it is the type where Doug would be useless, since I can't really see him supporting either the terrorists or the Social Welfare Public Corperation.
You see the Corperation uses childern as the basis for their combat cyborgs, and brainwashes them to be happy with their fate.
I can never quite decide wether the series is upbeat or depresing, but te tone is certainly unique and it would take a great writer to preserve that, and that world needs a real hero.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Re: Possible destination
I've been meaning to grab copies of this via bittorrent, but haven't gotten around to it. When I do, I'll comment more.

-- Bob
---------
There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus.
Re: Huckleberry
Well, I can hook you up if you like, along with the remainder of Dokkoida (which I bet you still haven't even started on), but if you have a fast connection it'll probably trump my just tossing stuff in the mail.
To be honest though, I don't really see it working. Good series, but not all good series make good steps. I'm loving the hell out of Planetes, but I don't see that being a good candidate for a step either. Unless maybe Andy Griffith were somehow involved. Wink
(Cpt stands atop a high peak and curses not having anything better than a dialup)
Re: Huckleberry
No, I haven't looked at Dokkoida yet. And I do have a fast connection, plus I know where the torrents are. It's just a matter of getting around to it.

-- Bob
---------
There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus.
Re: GSG
er.. i don't see it as well....>_"free's" the brainwashed children?
(says the guy who saw the first episode and a little of the later episodes to confirm that he disliked the premise.)
I don't know, there are several possible plots from my POV, and freeing the 'brainwashed' childern might not be the best thing to do, all things considered.
I certainly couldn't decide on which side to be on if I was in that universe, though I suspect that doug might try to oppose them both, which would lead to other interesting moral dilemas.
Personally I dislike the first two episodes, but like most of the rest. I also like how all the early episodes have a minumum of plot (or rather have an entierly self contained plot) but how they really explore the personality and relationships of the girls one at a time while the later eps have more plot but never quite slack off on the character development. However the series doesn't tie up most of it's plotlines and they are just left dangeling.
Ah well it's a moot point until Bob finnally watches GSG.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."