Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hanoi Xan, World Crime League, and "antecedents"
Hanoi Xan, World Crime League, and "antecedents"
Radio Announcer: Who is Hanoi Xan? What is the World Crime League? Is this Hanoi Xan the same Hanoi Shan who terrorized Paris in the 1900s? Can the World Crime League be the remnants of Prof. Moriarty's criminal empire? Or is it truly the Si-Fan and Hanoi Shan The Devil Doctor Fu Manchu? Can even our hero Doug stop someone who has confounded Buckaroo Banzai, Sir Denis Nayland Smith, and even Solar Pons?
Maybe.
Re: Hanoi Xan, World Crime League, and "antecedents&
You sir, are an evil, evil man. I like you. ^_^
-Logan
Oh, buddy, you don't know the half of it
I wonder if all of you are aware of Wold Newton-ism. Doug mentioned Philip Jose Farmer when discussing Doc Savage, and that's where the name comes from.
PJF wrote two biographies of "fictional" characters, Tarzan and Doc Savage, and in these books he had what he called the Wold Newton Family, which connected Tarzan, Doc Savage, Sherlock Holmes, the Scarlet Pimpernel, Bulldog Drummond, Prof. Moriarty, Arsene Lupin, and so many, many, many, MANY more. According to PJF, Fu Manchu WAS Hanoi Shan and is also the son of an uncle of Tarzan's.
www.pjfarmer.com/woldnewton/Pulp.htm
has a lot more info on this. Though I don't agree with some of it, like their trying to integrate Star Trek into Wold Newton, it's a fun and informative site.