Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New World to consider
New World to consider
Now, I have a suggestion for a future Walk--the world of Giant Robo.
I think that Doug would have an interesting reaction to the world of Giant Robo. It is certainly similar to the Warriors' World, in that the super people, the ESPers in this case, are an established world-peace-keeping force with branches all over (though their European presence is diminished) or a world-wide terrorist-crime organization. Super-science and super-people. But I also think that the differences, and Doug's reaction to them, would be great too. Mostly because it seems to me that the Warriors are a paramilitary organization, whereas the Experts of Justice are a police organization, much more reactive than a paramilitary org. would be but also intentionally made that way. It certainly seems to me that Doug's "pro-active" attitude would in some ways clash with the IPO's reactive stance (though the argument could be made that all actions are reactions, so nothing is pro-active per se; but let's not get into that). I think that the two different mindsets clashing here would be interesting and, to Doug, possibly frustrating to see an organization much like his but also not.
And Doug's powerlevel would fit right in; he wouldn't be the most powerful around, but he wouldn't exactly be a pushover.
Re: New World to consider
Oooh! I like this concept! I don't know why I hadn't thought of it before! Yeah, Giant Robo would be a oerfect step on the walk! It's no longer an active universe. (At least not to my knowledge), it's dynamic, and has magic, science and tech in abundance.
And once again, I can't help but love the idea of thinking up reactions for Doug to things in the universe. First and foremost would be the title character himself - Giant Robo.
Looking up, up, up, up, waaaay up...
"My, he's a big one!"
Of course, there's also - where do you put Doug? The main story wrapped up, for the most part. Not as tragically as Evangelion. But I can't help but wish that Doug could impact certain things for the better (can I start the "Save Ginrei" petition now, please?). Although in some ways plunking him in after the main story is finished and coping with the world might be easier - you could come up with a more original story, as you have done with BGC.
Random fanboy comments -
I think Doug could take on Alberto or Ivan and have it be an even fight.
If Doug wanted to help the IPO agents take on one of Big Fire's giant mecha or assist Giant Robo, how about playing Blue Oyster Cult's "Godzilla" (assuming there's a deep enough Mana reserve or node) and then have everybody STAND WAY THE HELL BACK!!! Like, oh 5-10 MILES!!! Oh the IPO's not going to like the collateral damage reports on THAT one!! ^_^
Oh I could just go on and on with this one... ^_^
-Logan
Part of a whole
Now as of right now, Giant Robo is dead. But this may change. Yasuhiro Imagawa, the director and writer for Giant Robo, planned "The Night the Earth Stood Still" as part of a series of eight "chapters". I believe that it's the penultimate one, before the "Assault on Babel" but it may not be.
I personally would like to see Doug in the giant robot world, and I think this series meets the dead franchise thing. It's just that this dead franchise may come back to life in the years ahead.
Re: Part of a whole
I seem to recall some web site somewhere (big help,
I know) that posted a summary of the script for Episode
8. Mind you, it may have been (probably was) a fan
creation...but it was quite cool.
--Sam Ashley
"Ninjas are more afraid of you than you are of them."