Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silly little thought:
Silly little thought:
It's the Muppet Show! With our very special guest: Colonel Douglas Sangnoir! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!"

*Cue music*

I can see it now...

While backstage, Doug says something to annoy Miss Piggy. (It hardly matters what.) She karate-chops Doug... and makes full contact, as if his improbablity field wasn't there.

As Miss Piggy storms off, Doug (bent-over and clutching his stomach) says to himself, "How did she hit me?"

Edit: What, were you expecting a comment about the musical numbers?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Somehow I find it appropriate that we were at Muppetvision 3-D at Disney Studios on Friday...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Quote: robkelk wrote:

I can see it now...

While backstage, Doug says something to annoy Miss Piggy. (It hardly matters what.) She karate-chops Doug... and makes full contact, as if his improbablity
field wasn't there.

As Miss Piggy storms off, Doug (bent-over and clutching his stomach) says to himself, "How did she hit me?"

Edit: What, were you expecting a comment about the musical numbers?
Not surprising, I'm pretty sure that the Muppet Theater has it's own Improbability Field .

Somehow, I am utterly tickled by how Doug would utterly enjoy a pretty much care-free month being a stage hand at the Muppet Theater - he'd blend right in
with the lot of them. What'cha think, Bob? Would it make a fun little stagger?

Oh, I don't dispute that at all. I'd love to see what someone comes up with.
-- Bob
---------

Whoa, forgot all about this thing...

Anywho, if I ever get the mental bandwidth, I'll see what I can do. I'll probably need to get my hands on some of that old show to get some ideas.

Also, I still wanna do a step/stagger of Doug finding himself in the company of Zeke and the society of dimension jumpers he's with.

Quick Question: What would Doug think of winding up in such and such a situation? If you don't quite recall what I'm talking about, here's the
quick and dirty:

Originating from Halo-verse, Zeke is a special forces commando composed of full-conversion cyborgs (the first prototype of such intended to act as point-men
for SPARTAN teams). The original Halo games are rather different due to Zeke's actions. For one thing, The Arc is recovered. Flood reemerges about a
decade later. With their numbers still vastly depleted from the wars, the Elites and the Humans build interdimensional refuge ships out of Halos made an The
Arc. Zeke is on the first one out. The mission of these ships: carry the society of the Humans and the Elites away from the Flood infested universe and to a
viable 'promised land' (The Elites like think of this as the Great Journey that had been promised to them by the Prophets). Kinda like BSG, only with
a lot more people in much better conditions (Halo-ships for teh win1).

SO, what would Doug think of finding himself in the middle of -that-?

This just popped into my head:

---------------------------

I was baffled. In all my time jumping from world to world, I'd seen a lot of things, met a lot of people, and ended up hipdeep in a lot of weirdness. But
this ... this didn't make any sense.

"Kermit," I said to the emcee, "I don't like to admit it, but I'm totally kerfuzzled on this. By all theories of physics, he
shouldn't be able to do that. It shouldn't be possible. But there he is, doing it."

The frog nodded. "It's his act. Believe it or not, he's got something of a following. It's like two or three people, just as weird as he is,
but they show up every week, just to see him do it. Even the Grumps think it's pretty amazing," he motioned with one webbed hand up to the balcony
where the resident hecklers camped out at every show. "They still heckle, but you can tell."

"But how does he do it?!"

Kermit shrugged. "I dunno. Lew?"

The little man in the ruffled collar and the cheezy moustache turned toward us at the unspoken question. He had just pulled another one from the cooler he used
to transport his tools. A speckled trout, it looked like. With an effort clearly born of long practice, he spun the trout out over the theater. It flew out
across the empty space and then, impossibly, spun back towards the stage where Lew stood and smacked into his outstretched hand. Lew Zealand looked at us again
and grinned. "'S all in the wrist."

---------------------------

Doug's pretty unflappable and all, but I don't think even he can make sense of Lew Zealand and his Boomerang Fish Act. (One of my personal favorites
from The Muppet Show; it made me crack up every time.)
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

As long as Marvin Suggs doesn't break out the Muppephone, Doug will just be quietly baffled by what he's seeing.
-- Bob
---------

He might get a kick out of Crazy Harry's (Larry?) Boom-O-Phone

He'll get a kick out of Crazy Harry on general principles...

"Crazy Harry plays with electricity!"
-- Bob
---------

I thought it was the Explodophone? [Image: wink.gif]
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

The quote's from the end of The Muppet Movie, when they finally have the contract and are throwing together the final number.
-- Bob
---------