Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some More AMV Suggestions (mostly older AMV)
Some More AMV Suggestions (mostly older AMV)
Since search never works, I don't know if you've talked about these before, but here are several of my current favorites (though they're probably all considered "old").  All available from animemusicvideos.org.
"Ad Caelum" from Honou Productions - music = the opening from the HBO series "From Earth to the Moon". This video is a valentine to flight.
"AMV Night in Canada" from Eh-MV Studios. This opens with a parody of Hockey Night in Canada, and jumps to all sorts of goofy amv clips that were created especially for this video (I wish some of them were their own full AMV).  Comedy, definitely.
"Classical Flight" from Vlad G Pohnert - music = "Classical Gas" by Mason Williams. Multiple Miyazaki/Ghibli anime.  Action.
"In Memory of Soldier A" from NeoMikey.  Comedy tribute to the so-essential anime character, "soldier A".
"Live at Budokan" from Honou Productions - music = "Rock of Ages" by Def Leppard.  Every anime band/character who sings seems to be in this thing.  A real music video.
"The Look" from Vlad G Pohnert - music =   "The Look" by Roxette.  A tribute to some kick-butt-and-take-names ladies of anime, circa 2001.
"Moondance" from Premonition Studios - it's an instrumental using music of the same name. Featured anime = Sailor Moon (of course). SM spoilers for anything past the R-movie (including the S-series and beyond). Action.
"A New Kind of Art" from Darkmag - music = "99 Red Balloons" (in English).  Multiple anime. Action.
"Sappy Self-Indulgence" from Kuroyaro - music = the elephant love song montage in Moulin Rouge, sung by Nicole Kidman and Ewan MacGregor. Comic/romantic/sappy.
Self-Titled from Kuroyaro - music = "Golden Slumbers," "Carry the Weight," "The End" by The Beatles. Action.
"A View to a Kill" from Vlad G Pohnert - music = "A View to a Kill" by Duran Duran.  Profile (City Hunter)
"We Want You" from Vlad G Pohnert - music = "In the Navy". Multiple anime. Parody/Comedy.
"We Need You" - the follow-up.  music = "It's a Good Day to Die" by that singing SkyMarshal from Starship Troopers 3.  Multiple anime.  Parody/Comedy.
(ok, just about anime AMV that Vlad G Pohnert has done)

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia

Quote:"A View to a Kill" from Vlad G Pohnert - music = "A View to a Kill" by Duran Duran. Profile (City Hunter)
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=89803]Not just City Hunter...

Quote:(ok, just about anime AMV that Vlad G Pohnert has done)
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... user_id=73]And here's where you can find them.

Also recommended - by me, at least - is pretty much anything by http://www.doki.ca/]Doki Doki Productions...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I'll second the blanket Doki Doki recomendation
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Star Ranger4 Wrote:I'll second the blanket Doki Doki recomendation
Yeah, there are several that are consistently good. Doki Doki, Kusoyaro, Honou, a few others.
Something that's not on my list that I also recommend for different reasons is a video Vlad G Pohnert did that's titled "Transcending Love". It's ok, I'm just not wild about it.
BUT what's interesting, and why I recommend it now, is that there are 2 versions - the regular one and the "special edition".  In the special edition, he shows you how the video was made from the source material.  To do this he uses 3 screens in a triangle formation.  The top screen is the completed video, and the bottom left and right show the source material he used. So on the bottom left might be a character from one anime, and the bottom right is a background from a different anime, and the top is that character and background put together seamlessly (and sometimes flopped). Worth a watch, at least once, if you've never done an AMV before.

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia

May I respectfully recommend anything by Aluminum Studios?
Before this fellow stopped making AMVs, he was well known and respected, the pinacle of his work being Silence, a video featuring footage from the anime NieA_7, the song Silence by Delerium featuring Sarah McLachlan, and a crapload of custom 3-D rendered footage by the editor himself. How much of it was actual footage, you ask? Only about 15%-20%.
He actually got the art book for this video signed by none other than Yoshitoshe Abe and his producer, who both congratulated him on a job well done with the video.
I cannot recommend this guy's work enough.

Oh, yes, I have many Aluminum vids archived. Both he and Doki Doki are among the classic producers of AMVs.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.