Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The concept of Epic Badassery given Form and Sound?
The concept of Epic Badassery given Form and Sound?
Does this count as AMV? Maybe AFMV?

Regardless, Immediate Music takes the concept of EPIC seriously Smile

Okay, as soon as I get home from work tonight, I'm ripping that mother to MP3 and cuing it up as the last track of my next mix CD.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Imagine Doug with that in his tank Smile

There are a lot of similar collections of Immediate music on youtube (as well as other similar groups creating 'trailer music') Just search 'Immediate music'. Found them because of that Dalek thread on spacebattles that was linked to in the ROFTL thread a few days ago.

I love that sort of music.

I wanted to buy the albums - but Amazon won't let me buy them in Australia and the Immediate site store doesn't seem to be straight forward either.

Too big to download.

Life bites Sometimes.

Quote:Imagine Doug with that in his tank Smile
No powers, but awesome soundtrack.

Come to think of it... it's something that's not come up in the stories, but Doug's helmet also holds instrumental pieces and sound effects, just for such occasions. I should figure out a place where I could use something like that in an upcoming story.
-- Bob
---------

Well, I remember it being mentioned that he gets tired of only listening to instrumentals for recreational music sometimes - he doesn't speak Latin, right? It must be kind of odd, knowing that his job might send him anywhere in the world and learning more languages would inccrease his arsenal, but also cut him off from another possible source of downtime music that he can just listen to and not worry about the words or what oddball effect they might cause in the area just because he wants to chill with some chunes.

- CD, has a persistent sense of wrongness when there's no music playing around him
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Quote:I'm ripping that mother to MP3

How do you copy youtube music like that to mp3?  I've tried (because this is the only way to get I can get the music) but it never seems to work.

K sai Wrote:
Quote:I'm ripping that mother to MP3
How do you copy youtube music like that to mp3?  I've tried (because this is the only way to get I can get the music) but it never seems to work.

If you have the right sound card, http://audacity.sourceforge.net/]Audacity will record the audio stream.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I actually use http://www.vidtomp3.com/index.php]this site. With NoScript it's not overloaded with ads, and it does a very good job. Occasionally it's a bit busy, but I'm a patient guy.
-- Bob
---------

I use Firefox and DownloadHelper to grab the video (saving it as an .mp4.)  Then I use ffmpeg, with the lame encoder, to extract the audio track to .mp3.
  ffmpeg -i "source.format" -vn -ac 2 -ar 44100 -ab 320k "output.mp3"
where -vn is no video, -ac is the number of audio channels, -ar is the audio rate and -ab is the bit rate.  I use the settings in the original file to set these.  Just to ffmpeg -i "inputfile.format"and look for the Audio stream section in the info dump.
Edit:  I know the original is 127k but I used 320k as an example.