Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[STORY] [SOS-Con] the speech
[STORY] [SOS-Con] the speech
this is my attempt to kickstart plot development again.
Not 100% happy with it but I can't seem to make it better.
Feedback, improvements and insters are as awlays welcome. FOR SCIENCE!!!
Ryoko glanced over the crowd, hoping that Yuki wouldn't spot her. A rematch would end in a much more decisive manner, and Ryoko would like to stay with her master for a while longer. Not that Yuki would recognize her, her checksum was different, her blue tresses where dyed an unnatural shade of black, her face was encrusted in a layer of makeup which included such touches as fake bloody tears, and she had a rubber ducky on her shoulder. In short she blended in quite well among the other fen, even if her clothes a little tame compared to the people around her.
Oh the person to her right would not stand out anywhere really, a geeky boy in jeans and T-shirt, but on her left there was a goth catgirl, and someone who could pass as Lilith, if he wasn't male. Wave Convoy near the back actually blended in quite well, especially considering his size, Buba Moon was by far the most noticeable, which took some doing especially with fliers like the Knight Saber and a Hawkman lookalike flying overhead looking for good seats.
Ryoko would rather have stayed on the ship but Miyu demanded that she help with security in case someone tried to attack their Master. That she just couldn't allow, she loved her master and would do anything to keep him safe. Besides if anyone was going to kill him it should be her because she loved him. So she watched from the crowd, while Catty watched from the catwalks above the auditorium and Miyu watched from backstage.
The auditorium was filled with people speculating on what the announcement today would be and the reason for calling this convention in the first place. {Insert some points of flavor, here, maybe what some other major characters are doing.}
Finally at precisely ten o'clock the Professor walked on stage towards the podium set up. predictably cries of "It's the Professor!" and "Run for your lives!" where scattered among the crowd, though much less common than the reaction a few months ago when the Professor last held a surprise lecture. He looked particularly dashing today thought Ryoko, then again she always thought her master looked dashing. Though the gently glowing labcoat and the tie covered with nuclear hazard symbols did add a certain something. It definitely seemed to add to the panic, though Ryoko couldn't quite understand why.
The Professor stood at the podium and cleared his throat, which somehow didn't get the people to quiet down. Sighing, the Professor reached into one of the pockets and pulled out a huge cobbled-together beam cannon that was obviously way too big to fit in his pocket, complete with an under-barrel launcher of some kind.
For some reason this made the panic even louder, rather than make the audience quiet and attentive. Go figure.
The device hummed ominously as the Professor flicked the safety off with an audible click. Lights started blinking, alert noises went off, and various warning labels were illuminated in the baleful glow of its power. The professor's glasses frosted over as targeting reticles started to play over the forcefields that made up the lenses.
The auditorium steadily worked itself into a panicked frenzy. Buba Moon in particular was being obnoxious, shrilly shouting something about punishing the great evil in the name of the moon. Not that he was the only one doing so, just the loudest. Curiously enough the Senshi faction was quieting down, with the occasional whisper to calm down the few Senshi who where clearly agitated.
"If I could have your attention please!" asked the Professor politely while bizarre energies crackled around him.
When the tumult of the class refused to abate, the Professor brought up his massive gun and aimed it with one hand at Buba Moon and pulled the trigger.
A light-blue beam of energy shot out and intersected Buba for a brief moment, illuminating him and rendering all two hundred kilos of him bare for a brief instant of featureless glowing doll nudity as he was spun around in a full circle. In a moment, his sailor fuku was mercifully replaced by a pair of black slacks, a black and white striped shirt, and a pair of red suspenders, and his face was a pale shade of white. He was frantically gesturing and opening and closing his mouth but no sound came out.
The Professor slowly lowered his smoking gun while glaring at the people who where _still_ making noise.
"People these days," lamented the Professor to himself, "simply do not have manners." He grabbed and bellowed into the microphone, "QUIET!!!"
Once more, the lack of response infuriated the teaching professional, and he opened fire upon a few more of the obnoxious con goers with his Gigaplex 9000 Mime-Ray.
At last, when a few dozen people had become silent mimes, the noise level went down sufficiently for him to begin his speech, though it required the liberal use of his under barrel chalk launcher to get the mimes to actually sit still.
"First a bit of official rules, since some people here don't seem to be aware of them. When a speaker is at the podium you will be quite and attentive. Smoking is prohibited in the auditorium, and please don't use camera's with flash." Taking a deep breath the Professor continued on, "now that that is out of the way let us begin."
"Ladies, gentlemen, and other assorted beings. It is my pleasure and honor to introduce to you the one who called us all together today. But first I would like to say a few words, so please bear with me. The problem that this convention has been called to address is something that concerns us all, and that the power of Science alone cannot address." At this point the Professor paused briefly, looking over the audience.
At this point the people who actually knew the Professor where panicking. He mentioned science without going of into a rant, and he just barely raised his voice. It was even worse he said that science couldn't do something! They where all going to die!
"But together we an overcome this adversity, and I hereby pledge my aid and The Power Of SCIENCE to the cause. I hope you all will join me on this quest." Again the Professor paused to look over the audience.
By now those who knew the Professor where gibbering in fear, only the still smoking mime cannon that the Professor was still wielding kept them quiet.
"So I hereby present to you Haruhi Suzumiya-sama! The leader of the S.O.S. dan!"
{Haruhi does her thing.}
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Re: [STORY] [SOS-Con] the speech
Quote:
{Haruhi does her thing.}
You know, that's probably the best way to write Haruhi's speech. Don't write it out; just leave it as a background element that happened.
That way, we can all make references to it in our stories without worrying about whether we're getting the words right...

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Re: [STORY] [SOS-Con] the speech
I'd like to have something writen for it, because to not have it just seems like a cop out. still lets make an official title for it, I nominate The Speech as the speech that was used to found operation great justice.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
re: [STORY] [SOS-Con] the speech
Quote:
but Miyu demanded that she helped with security

I think you mean 'demanded that she help' here.
While I do not put it past the Professor to have built a useful time machine *. The way that this line reads is that Miyu wanted Ryoko to go back to an earlier point in time and help out with security, instead she is providing help with security now.

*And by Useful I mean the time machine has a temporal range greater than the length of time it takes to set up and activate.
Re: re: [STORY] [SOS-Con] the speech
fixed, and thanks for spoting that, Any other comments?