Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Story] Medical emergency
[Story] Medical emergency
This is the first scene and a half of 4-5 scene storylet I'm working on. And since I promised I would post something soonish I decided to post this.

Poor Robert is suffering from apendicitis, this might need more of an intro I'm not sure. As always feedback welcome, I'll try to post at least once a
week until this is finished.

The Asteroid Belt, December 19'th, 2008

"In space no one can hear you scream." That thought drifted though Commodore Robert Wesley's mind as he tried once more to contact anyone.
"Mayday, Mayday. This is the U.S.S. Lexington, we have a medical emergency. If anyone is out there please respond." cried his hoarse voice into the
slightly sparking and heavily modded car radio. The U.S.S. Lexington, a modified 1994 Honda Civic, had been tumbling through space for almost two days now
after it lost and engine nacelle and caved in it's engine block in a freak collision with an asteroid.

"If I get out of this I'm going to get a bigger car." Silently vowed Robert to himself, "One with a doctor on board." He finished, the
pain and fever making it hard to concentrate. Lifting the radio once more he again croaked his mayday. However this time he got more of a response than just
the sparking of the radio.

"Bzzt, Thi...s the Sol crrrk ...nka. We are fssst ... there soon." The radio buzzed out before giving up in a shower of sparks and going dark. Robert
however sighed in relief before turning into a hiss of pain, help was on the way. For some reason though he felt as if he should have recognized the name of
the ship, but between the exhaustion and the fever he finally fell into an uneasy slumber.

^_^

Robert jerked awake from a nightmare in a well lit room staring up at a mechanical nightmare that might have started it's life as part of a dentist chair
but that had since more tools grafted to it than found in most workshops. It reminded Robert uncomfortably of the medical probe often used in alien abduction
movies, albeit with a far wider variety of tools including not just scalpels and needles but also wrenches, screwdrivers, and the usual assortment of
unrecognizable odds and ends.

"Ah good the patient is awake Professor." Came the voice from the left letting Robert overcome his fear induced paralysis only to find he had been
strapped down. However turning his head was enough to confirm his fears, he immediately recognized the lanky figure striding towards him.

"The Bane of Paris, the Scourge of Europe, the Enemy of All Who Live," at this point Roberts babbling got interrupted by an ominous clash of
lightning and thunder behind the Professor, before he could finish in a small voice "the Professor."
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."