Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Character Thread
Proffessor
Since I apperently forgot to put this up....
The history is out of sync with the official timeline, what should be adjusted?
The Professor

Also known as the Scourge of Europe, the Enemy of All Who Live, the Bane of Paris and a host of other names. His real name lies forgotten by almost everyone, and chances are he wouldn't even respond to it anymore.

History
He is in many ways the quintessential mad scientist, brilliant, obsessed with his work, misunderstood by his peers and insane. Or at least that is the way that many fen see him, and it is not too far of the mark, the mundanes have a decidedly less complementary view of him, especially those influenced by the French media.
The Professor launched what would later be known as his Reign of Terror on the 25'th of July 2007 in Basel, when he and his three assistants raided several pharmaceutical labs in the city by simply driving up to them in a truck and beginning to load a bunch of hazardous chemicals and various devices as if they had every right to be there. It was not until the third lab that they hit that they where even asked what they were doing, which the Professor gleefully explained at great length, and to see their papers authorizing the move.
When the Professor admitted to not having them the guard tried to contain them by closing the gate, at which point they drove through the building. The ensuing chase wreaked 57 police cruisers, six Abrams tanks and two Apache helicopters, as well as causing almost two billion Euro of damage (what is often neglected is that the military caused a significant portion of that, and a significant part of the remaining damage is the cost of all those military vehicles.) and caused a significant diplomatic incident between Switzerland and France that could have led to war.
It could have led to war if it wasn't for the fact that 2 days after the incident the Professor send his assistants to raid Versailles. This audacious raid was one of the few raids by the Professor that were he was rebuffed and it sparked an international man hunt of epic proportions. Soon America joined in because of the whole war on terror and because the Professor managed to steal a pair of A-10s from an American military base in Germany.
Among other things the professors exploits perfectly fed into the media frenzy who neglected to mention the astounding lack of fatalities and soon it was assumed that whenever there where no fatalities it was just luck on the defenders part. Soon he was seen as a madman more dangerous than any in recorded history.
In early October the Professor put a 'death ray' on top of the Eiffel tower and for the next twelve hour held off attack by everyone from the Paris police department, the mafia, and an attack by angry neo-nazis. The fact that the death ray didn't kill was ignored by both the professor and the media in the naming of the invention. The fact that everyone hit by the ray had to truthfully answer all questions for several days afterwards proved very inconvenient for several politicians, corrupt cops and a rather large group of mafiosi. Strangely enough reporters seemed immune to the effects of the ray.
Fearing for their re-election chances politicians promptly devoted far more resources to the search, bankrupting several countries, and they were not alone, the mob also had no interest in the recurrence of this happening and neither did several other parties. During this time the combined price on the Professor's head reached a record shattering 17.8 Billion Euros.
Terrorist had not been idle during this time of monomaniacal focus on the Professor and had, much to their later regret, managed to build a nuke. Denmark was currently seen in a light even worse than the great devil America in no small part though the controversy surrounding the Jyllands-Posten and its Muhammad cartoons, and therefore they planed to nuke Copenhagen. Unfortunately for them the Professor was looking for nuclear material at the time, and they happened to be the easiest way to acquire plutonium in the necessary quantities for his experiments.
Long story short at the 25'th of October the Professor stole their nuke after working his way through dozens of other terrorist cells attempting to track down the nuke, with a hodgepodge of forces always hot on his heels. The Professor was finally captured on the 26'th when he fell asleep next to the half disassembled nuke. Thanks to some quick talking by Ryoko people became convinced that the Professor had deliberately hunted down terrorist cells to find the nuke (which was true) and that he did it just to save people (which wasn't so true). To express their thanks at preventing a nuclear disaster the Danes managed to get a back room deal through the UN which exiled the Professor, rather than having him killed, over the vocal objections of the French. It probably helped that the Professor hadn't visited Denmark before.
At this date there are still several bounties on the Professors head, a declaration by the pope that the Professor is the Antichrist, a few Jihads, and a few assorted other death threats. though the numbers have dropped significantly, but the occasional stupid bounty hunter still makes a try for the Professor.

The Professor has biomoded himself, though the exact effects are debated. It is known that he doesn't need sleep as long as he regularly ingest caffeine, though he does become crazier the longer he is awake. It has been argued that the Professor's biomod increased his intelligence and or his ability to work with handwavium but there is no objective proof of this. Lastly his insanity is often blamed on the biomod, but there are those who argue that he is sane, just eccentric.
The professor is generally friendly but will often get side tracked into a rant on the power of science.
Description: Tall and lanky at 191 cm, always wears a labcoat. Messy light brown hair, blue eyes. He also wears a pair of glasses whose lenses are actually forcefields. When he feels the need to be formal he will (badly) wear a tie in some horrendous color or combinations of colors, and they usually have some small symbols on them that relate to mad science in some way, such as biohazard symbols.
edit: added spaces as per koutens request, and yes I took a small bit of inspiration from the blues brothers and slayers.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Re: Proffessor
(description of European vacation carnage snipped)
Erk.
The Professor's last name wouldn't be "Blues", perchance, would it?
And if so...what does he play?
(We so need a mad-Science-wielding sax or bass player around here...)
(Or is it just me being *weird* again?)
First of the Blue Blazer Irregulars
Blackstone (aka Ko-ryu-san or Brother Doubt)
Primary writer: Ebony
Appearance
Height: 61
Weight: 195lbs
Build: Medium. Blackstone has the build of someone who has been sedentary for some time and is now engaged in regular exercise.
Hair: Dark brown with graying temples
Eyes: Brown. Blackstone wears round-lensed, wire-rimmed glasses that are tinted or clear as the situation requires.
Notable Mundane Attributes:
* Blue Blazer Irregular #14 Blackstone is a founding member of the Blue Blazer Irregulars and nominal captain of World Watch One. He adheres, to the best of his abilities, to the teachings of Buckaroo Banzai.
* You are my Number One Guy Buckaroo seems to have chosen Blackstone as his regular representative. He speaks with some authority concerning the BBIs, the Banzai Institute, and World Watch One. Much to his chagrin, the others often listen to him.
* Samurai - Blackstone is trained in kenjutsu, in a single-sword style. He has acquired a small collection of katanas, including his practice boken and a sword originally owned by a Japanese infantry officer during World War II.
* Magician - Following in his namesakes footsteps, Blackstone is learning the skills of legerdemain and stage magic. The largest illusion he has performed to date has been a variation of the Disappearing Lady, using a set of o-yori samurai armor instead of a cabinet.
* Deejay Blackstone has an extensive music collection, partially because of Buckaroos desire for music and partly because of his own. He has a reputation as a deejay, and has begun mixing techno and dance music for social gatherings. He also plays keyboards.
Quirks:
* No One Likes the Music I Like. Despite his extensive collection of music, Blackstones favorite songs are often from esoteric, little known artists. In addition, he often dislikes more popular music, at least while it is popular (this is directly related to I Will Not Be Pushed, Filed, Stamped, Indexed, Briefed, Debriefed, or Numbered).
* I Will not be Pushed, Filed, Stamped, Indexed, Briefed, Debriefed, or Numbered Blackstone seems to subconsciously defy description. Very often, he will do things simply because someone believes that he wouldnt, whether it is because he didnt previously or because they believe its not in his nature. This has given him a reputation for being a bit fey, even for the Fen, and capable of quite unexpected behavior.
* If It Aint Broke - Like most of the Blue Blazer Irregulars, Blackstone has a distinctive dislike for waved weaponry. He sticks with danetech or his own bare hands, should violence occur.
* Not as Bad as a Bat, but Still - A generous family member paid for Blackstones LASIK once upon a time. It didnt take. Hes not as nearsighted as he used to be, but he has problems with glare, darkness, and small print without his glasses. Psychologically, he feels vulnerable without them.
Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Jonathon Helscher
Jonathon Jon "Bad Moon" Helscher
Primary writer: Herr Bad Moon. Self Insert 4-Eva!
Appearance:
Height: 5'10
Weight: 150 lbs
Build: Medium
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Mundane Attributes:
* Historians peel back the veil of time, and make fun of people when they screw up: Trained as a historian pre-Fenjump, and uses this to run a small media venture, Stark Fist of History, under the pen name Bad Moon that's part blog, part gonzo journalism, and part historical database. His pieces are frequently filled with humorous asides and winding, stream of consciousness tangents where he's not above taking pot shots at whatever Fendom or Dane is currently irritating him. He does, however, maintain a strict separation between reporting the facts and his own interpretation.
* Jack of all trades, master of none: Is a quick study, and shows a talent for various myriad skills. But only pursues them till he has a moderate proficiency, then abandons them for the next new thing.
* I'm a shrimp boat captain: Along with his web writings, Jon runs a cargo hauling operation called Veil of History Unlimited. He uses his personal ship, a former Alaskan crab fisher he rechristened Inelegant Truth, as an improvised freighter. Run is a loose term, as he leaves the day to day operations to his First Mate.

Handwavium Abilities:
* None: Currently, Jon hasn't been 'waved at all to his knowledge. But he's not sanguine about his chances of that being the case forever.
Quirks:
* What's to know, pointy end goes in the other guy? Jon's a moderately talented Olympic style fencer, preferring the Epee' over the Foil and Saber. He prefers a wrist cut to other lanes of attack.
* Double tap to the head, very professional: Due to the fact he's constantly going into potentially dangerous situations, Jon almost always is armed with a .40cal Glock he keeps in a shoulder holster, of which he's trained to use with some skill.
* Math. We meet again, my old foe: Unlike a large population of Fenspace, Jon loathes any sort of math and avoids it when all possible, fobbing it off on his more technical minded crew members.
* What did you call me? Despite the pseudo-journalism he engages in regularly, he takes a dim view of being called a journalist and reacts poorly. This trait has been passed along to his crew, with hilarious results at cons.
---------------
-Jon
Being the Mariner hitting coach is like being the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts.
-Poster on USSMariner.com
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
Re: Crew of the Inelegant Truth
Jeremiah Augustus Breckenridge
Mundane Attributes:
* LFM, got tank and DPS Large, physically fit Texan, who played college ball at Maryland before he was recruited for the Secret Service. Not particularly phased by anything.
* He's a regular Ren neen neen sance man. Spent his teenage years in his father's restaurant as a cook, heavily involved in blues band while in school as trumpet player and later played in bars in College Park, graduated form law school, trained as a fully qualified Special Agent in the Secret Service, does windows.
* Pseudo-Dane Not particularly fennish, but is affable enough he gets along with all but the fringiest of Fen.
'Wavium Abilities:
* None: Avoids adding any gizmos till the science of it all is understood beyond wouldn't this be cool?
Quirks:
* Drink the drink! Will drink you under the table. Seriously.
Percival Perry Michael Doper:
Mundane Attributes:
* I-Techie Has degrees in computer science and electrical engineering. Took a year to recover afterwards. Runs the more technological intensive bits of the Truth.
* These are my people! Though having a personality not particularly suited to bombing around space in a suped up crab fisher, Perry does relate well with Fen, and identifies himself as a Senshi, albeit quietly.
* Is there an AIDoctor in the house? Is becoming highly proficient with managing and troubleshooting autonomous artificial intelligences.
'Wavium Abilities:
* None at this time: Perry's considering 'waving himself to better interface with computers, but hasn't had the guts to go through with it yet.
Quirks:
* OH NOOES! Tends to react to bad news with dramatics; wailing, gnashing of teeth etc... with the rare bout of Nerd Rage.
* Captain Propriety: Is the most concerned with etiquette and protocol among the crew.
Cynthia Hannah Gunderson
[Mundane Attributes:[/b]
* Scalpel Jock: Was a second year surgical resident at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle with intentions of becoming a trauma surgeon.
* In Portugal, I was a cardiologist Is adapt at running the operations of a cargo business, as well as captaining the boat. Is not particularly happy with either.
* Gravity is my bitch: Is adapt at zero G living.
'Wavium Abilities
* None: No interest in them. See Quirks.
Quirks:
* Just because I look at you when you speak, you shouldnt assume that means Im listening to or care about what you say: Is really 'Dane, and has no patients for anything Fennish. Geeky exuberance is met with frosty, cutting words.
* Just the facts, Mam: Is extremely professional with non-crew, and simply business like with the crew. Only rarely lets her veneer drop.
* Hahahahaha, Ballard: Is from Ballard, WA, a sort of pseudo-suburb of Seattle known for its Scandinavians, who have a reputation for being weird. She's no different, it just is buried really really really deep.
Deidrict Dieter Franklin Gunderson
Mundane Attributes:
* It's not working? Weld it: Was a ships engineer a long time ago, which means most of his plans consist of quick fixes and kitbashes till he can get a real engineer to look at them.
* Get off my boat! As the former owner, Dieter takes a possessive interest in the Truth and knows her inside and out. He currently runs the engine room.
* Know when to fold them: Is a fair to poor card player with an inflated sense of how good he is.
'Wavium Abilities:
* None at the moment: It's only a matter of time though, the amount of time he spends around it.
Quirks:
* Hate is my business: Even before he lost his boat, was a surly cuss to everybody.
* Really, Ballard? Hahahahaha! Is a Scandinavian crab fisher, so too many superstitions to count.
* Pain will be your teacher: Though he loves his daughter, he was not a particularly loving father and is dismayed she has seemingly abandoned fishing to go to med school. Not too happy she's back though either.
Toni
Mundane Attributes:
* Maxwell Q. Klinger! Is an adept scrounger and can find the best deals.
* Space Monkey: Acts as the ships gofer, and is steadily learning all the trades.
'Wavium Abilities:
* Unknown: Supposedly none but has a way with ships that is a little unreal. And she's not telling. See Quirks:
Quirks:
* Somebody has to be the ship's River: Simultaneously fulfills the crew compliment of Mysterious Past and Unearthly abilities. She knows how to make boats do what she wants, and whether that is knowing how to sweet talk AIs or something else is unknown.
* NOBODY UNDERSTANDS ME Also is the ships daily compliment of teen existentialist drama and snarky rejoinders.---------------
-Jon
Being the Mariner hitting coach is like being the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts.
-Poster on USSMariner.com
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
character thread
Hannan Wu
Open character created by Murmur the Fallen
appearance:
*5'2", hundred and ten or so, black hair, brown eyes.
Mundame Attributes:
*Living on the edge: Is not truly a part of fen-culture, as she most enjoys Love & Rockets, googie architecture, the works of Cordwainer Smith, and New German Cinema, but never actually talks about them.
*Boom-Boom-Boom: Is a premiere weaponeer, coming up with hardtech weapons from many different sources, mostly hardtech, but also 'wavium tech.
*With friends like these: Known to make deals with anyone that wants a weapon design, from zwilnicks to 'danestates but always keeps her side of the deal.
Handwavium Ability:
*Dental Hygiene: No longer needs to brush or floss and mouth always smells minty fresh. White, straight, and heals.
Quirks:
*Out-there: Seems spacy and even out to lunch, but really is just disinterested and disengaged but too polite to leave.
*Like a Mouse: Doesn't talk about herself much and always speaks in low, calm, even, polite tones.
*You like me, you really like me: Respected by the engineers and scientists of the 'fen community, and is close to (if Acyl agrees) Gwen Lee.
*Sanguine: Utterly disinterested in the consequences of her weapons, or even of general weapons proliferation, whether it be a decrease in crime or an increase in genocide. Characterized by the sign outside her front door, "I Am Become Death, And I Don't Care."
Re: Character Thread
Leda Swansen

Primary Writer: Rob Kelk

We could try mixing these chromosones... - Competent genetic engineer, going by modern-day 'dane standards. (She doesn't have any better understanding of biomods than anyone else.)
What does "seven-sector callout" mean? - Drop-dead gorgeous (26 years old, 5'9", with chestnut-brunette hair and big...tracts of land), but completely oblivious to the fact - at least, that's how she acts.

'Wavium Abilities:
Electricity likes me - Leda generates low-level electrical charges in her hands, similar to an electric eel's charge. This can shock a person into unconsciousness if she can touch the person on the back of the neck, or overload insufficiently-grounded electronics.
What shock? - Leda's skin insulates her from low-level electrical charges, such as the ones she generates. High-level charges, such as taser shots, affect her normally.

Quirks:
Electricity hates me - Leda cannot turn off the low-level electrical charges in her hands, so electronic devices tend to break down quickly around her. (For example, she can't hold a credit card without demagnetizing the stripe and frying the chip, and the needle of a compass in her hand would spin continuously.) She can wear gloves that block the effect, but this causes short- and long-term health problems as the electricity flows into her arms instead of "leaking" into the air. Shielded computer equipment (which includes most 'waved AIs) is immune to this effect. Note: At 11:50 GMT 30 May 2013, Leda buys down this limitation - while she still cannot shut off the power, she can manipulate it away from her fingers, allowing her to use most consumer electronics.
Desk jockey - Not particularly skilled at most manual tasks, including fighting.

Faction: Senshi ("Jupiter" subgroup, for obvious reasons)

Trivia:
* Leda graduated at the top of the first class at the Vesta Institute of Biochemistry, in 2010. (This wasn't difficult, since there were only five students that year.)
* Unlike many Fen, Leda did not take a new name when she left Earth. She doesn't know very much Greek mythology, but she does know the "Leda" myth, now... and she doesn't care for it.

Edit: Added note about Leda buying down her major limitation during LoGG
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Okay, this is my terribly incomplete crew file for the Grover's Corners, posted for Rob Kelk's use in his RPG as well as a character reference for folks' writing.
Anything people need more detail on, feel free to contact me.

All ages as of 2012.
Bob Schroeck
49 years old, but looks younger. 5'8", 240 lbs. Grey-blue eyes. Short blond hair with hints of strawberry, thin on top but not gone; reddish sideburns and mustache. Wears glasses with very thin, bronze-colored frames. Usually in jeans and T-shirts or polo shirts. A clip on his belt over his front right pocket holds two rings of keys which usually jingle when he walks, but he can move with surprising silence when he needs to.
Known Quirks: Has no patience for long-winded or meandering comments or explanations. Pop culture/trivia maven. (Building the GC, though, has kept him out of the loop for the last few years, though, so he's a little outdated at the moment.) Has a powerful temper with a long, slow-burning fuse. Irrepressible punster. Homebrewer. Cook.
Fandoms: B5, ST:TOS and ST:TNG, general (non-hentai) anime, Heinlein, Spider Robinson, Firefly
Peggy Schroeck
Also 49 years old and similarly younger-looking. 5'7", 200 lbs. Hazel eyes. Mahogany hair with obvious auburn highlights, a bit longer than shoulder-length and wavy. Also wears glasses, gold half-frames. Like her husband a jeans-and-T-shirt person.
Known Quirks: Soft-spoken and almost inaudible unless she's annoyed or worse. Has a tendency to meander verbally; poor memory for the names of anything, and frequently sprinkles her sentences with vague placeholders like "that thing," "that place", "that guy", often prompting conversational tangents focused on finding out who or what she's referring to. Easily frustrated and tends toward pessimism. Has an unpredictable temper that tends to hit everything in range when it goes off.
Fandoms: B5, CSI, Law and Order, Ranma, Firefly
Joe Avins
46 years old. (He's about my height and weight, but I don't know the exact numbers.) Black hair, glasses, a bit jowly, often has a heavy five-o'clock shadow. Tends to wear slacks and dress-style shirts.
Known Quirks: Aerospace engineer. Always carries a Palm Pilot which includes in its programs a Texas Instruments simulator. Refuses to listen to or discuss details of a Star Trek movie in advance of actually seeing it. Homebrewer. Cook. Like Kat has a monumental calm in the face of almost everything.
Fandoms: Trek, some anime
Kat Avins
46 years old. Earth mother type with straight waist-length blonde hair, approximately 5'7". Green eyes.
Known Quirks: Belldandy made flesh -- soft-spoken without being inaudible, open, friendly, sympathetic, a natural listener. Able to keep serene and open-minded in almost situation, no matter how stressful -- and even her stressing out is surprisingly low-key and quiet. A multitalented musician who made a living as a music therapist (and who made sure all her clients had referrals to other professionals before the GC launched).
Fandoms:
Scott Pinkham
46 years old. Close-cropped blond hair, blue-eyed, heavyset, about 5'7". Deceptively "teddy bear" in appearance.
Known Quirks: Former Army Reserve. Homebrewer. Gourmet cook with an international repertoire. Fiercely loyal to those he loves. Quick temper.
Fandoms:
Heather
Kat's younger sister by around four years or so (I think), Heather is 5'6" or thereabouts with a willowy build, straight, shoulder-length dark hair and glasses.
Known Quirks:
Fandoms:
Grace
Heather's daughter, 21 years old at story time. Like her mother slender and dark-haired, also 5'6".
Known Quirks: Dropped out of college to join the crew of the Grover's Corners.
Fandoms:
Attila Imre
42 (?) years old. 5'6", thin, wiry. Bald, black hair where he's kept it at all, olive complexion, mustache.
Known Quirks: Trainer of police dogs. Former NYC street gang member with extensive knife-fighting skills; carries several blades on him at all times. Speaks Hungarian. Heavy smoker. Speech is thoroughly laced with profanity.
Fandoms: Naruto, Bleach, Final Fantasy, some Trek
Helen Imre
46 years old. 5'9", somewhat heavy build. Chestnut brown hair, long, usually pulled back in a ponytail.
Known Quirks: Somewhat abrasive, with a sharp tongue and a sarcastic wit. Professional librarian. Something of an anime snob -- the only anime she likes at a given time are usually those which haven't hit the mass market in North America yet. The "first adopter" of the group.
Fandoms:
John Freiler
46 years old. 5'9", former fit build starting to flesh out. Black hair, mustache (vaguely "Gomez Addams" look).
Known Quirks: Homebrewer. Woodworker. Engineer, with at least one patent to his name. Self-taught in framing, roofing and other construction skills.
Fandoms:
Alison Mee
Kat's youngest sister, 42 years old, 5'6", lush figure, short brown hair, glasses.
Known Quirks:
Fandoms:
Rachel Zane
45 (?) years old. 5'7", auburnish hair.
Known Quirks:
Fandoms:

Luna (4, daughter of Bob and Peggy)
3'4", 36 pounds, strawberry blonde hair in a little ponytail, brown eyes.
Known Quirks:
Fandoms:

Nina (12, daughter of Kathleen and Joe)
Known Quirks:
Fandoms:

Ruth (17, daughter of Heather)
Known Quirks:
Fandoms:

Carl (14, son of John and Alison)
Known Quirks:
Fandoms:

Max (12, son of John and Alison)
Known Quirks:
Fandoms:

Emily and Sarah (14, twin daughters of Rachel)
Known Quirks:
Fandoms:

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Re: Fenoir
Cornelius "Neil" Blackwell
Open Character created by Jonathon Helscher
Appearance
Height: 6'1
Weight: 184 lbs
Build: Meduim (physically fit)
Hair: Red, short
Eyes: Blue
Mundane Attributes:
One weekend a month! Two weeks a year! Served in Iraq with the Army Reserves as a Chinook helicopter pilot. Does not talk about what he did or saw there.
Did you ever fire your gun up into the air and yell Ahhhhhhhhh! Was a Sergeant in the Seattle Police Department, and therefore is a competant investigator and navigator of paperwork.
I hate to say it, but we're the American Weasleys: Has an large, tightly nit extended family back on Earth, of which he is fond of but is somewhat glad he is several thousand miles away from their noseyness.
Wavium Abilities:
My best friend's name is Colt: Has a poorly understood link between his mind and his old Army Colt .45 pistol. He always "knows" where it is in a general sense, which practically functions as a game of "Hot and Cold" with it. It is an otherwise normal pistol and functions as such, albiet slightly shinier than normal.
Mr Sandman! Give me a treat! Or, you know, COME BY ONCE AND AWHILE: Can go for up to a week and a half without sleep.
Quirks:
I got caught up on sleep all the way up to Operation Bughouse. After going without sleep for longer than a day, when he does finally sack out he goes into a coma and sleeps for the amount he missed if he got eight hours a night. Most of the time he needs to be hospitalized due to nutrition and hydration needs.
The night time ISN'T the right time:Has chronic nightmares if he goes without sleep for more than a day. These become worse and worse the longer he doesn't sleep.
Faction: None. Services available to any who can pay his rates.
Trivia
It really is my business: Runs a private detective agency on the Moon out of Kandor City with his AI sidekick Conker and his receptionist Sally, who seems to live the role.
Phillip Who? Despite being a private detective and investigative consultant, has never read any Raymond Chandler. Is only dimly aware of the tropes associated with the genre.
Sodo Mojo: Fierce Seattle Mariner's fan. Hates the Seattle Seahawks though.
Yes Mom, I like girls. I just haven't met wone as charming as you: Has terrible luck with women, and never through any fault of his own.---------------
-Jon
Leo (July 23-Aug. 22)
The population density of Wyoming is very low, but that doesn't mean the people there aren't also out to kill you.
---
Jon
Re: um
Sorry, Heather, I forgot that I hadn't asked you for permission yet. Consider it done.
ETA: And god am I slow this week. I just realized that your own post had the last name that you wanted deleted from the list. So I deleted your post.
Not that it helps much now -- if anyone were going to grab your name for evil purposes they've probably done it already.
I'll explain this all to you when we see you at the Horde weekend.

-- Bob
---------
Okay, preliminary swing at a writeup for Haruhi. Suggestions, improvements & refinements to be put into a non-sticky thread, please.

Haruhi Suzumiya
Uber-NPC
Description: Japanese woman, 21 years old. Average height, dark brown hair, light brown eyes.
Sermon on the Mount: Haruhi's true gift is in persuasion, either forcibly or otherwise. Given a subject she feels enough passion about, she can successfully draw any number of people into her camp.
Patton's Latest Reincarnation: As Supreme Commander of the SOS-dan and the Star Patrol, Haruhi actually shows some skill as a strategist.
Band of Brothers... and Sisters: The core of the SOS-dan will always back Haruhi up in a crisis situation.
Handwavium Abilities:
None.(1)
Quirks:
When I Say "Jump," You Say "From Which Building, Ma'am?": Expects that any order she gives will be obeyed, immediately and without question. Is not happy with insubordination of any kind.
It Always Worked Like This In The Movies: Has great faith in the nature of genre conventions.
(1) There are three ways to look at this; officially, unofficially and *very* unofficially.
Officially, Haruhi Suzumiya has no handwavium biomods or other special abilities aside from her gift of gab.
Unofficially, those fen with a knowledge of obscure Japanese novels (For purposes of Fenspace, assume the runaway popularity of the Haruhi franchise didn't happen. -ed) suspect that Ms. Suzumiya had herself biomodded to look like her favorite character.
*Very* unofficially, the inner core of the SOS-dan suspects that Haruhi Suzumiya might very well be exactly who she claims to be, and they also suspect that the entire current state of affairs might indeed be her fault. So far, they haven't breathed a *word* of this to anybody outside the core.

---
Mr. Fnord
http://fnord.sandwich.net/
http://www.jihad.net/
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Re: Proffessor
Kali, written by KJ. Is KJ too, pretty much... think of her as having evolved from selection pressure in the bosko wars.
Appearance:
Mid-20s 6'1 tall female redhead in excellent physical shape and ample... assets. Tends to wander around in Hawaiian shirts, camo fatigue pants, combat boots, swords and holstered pistols.
*Skulls for Khorne!: More than proficient at bladed combat, along with the use of firearms. Or hand to hand for that matter!
* I said MOVE maggots!: Passable to inspring leader, or drill sergeant.
'Wavium Abilities:
*I'm not a damned figment of your imagination...: KJ's girltype form, but with a divergent personality.
*This sure makes swimming weird...: Ranma-esque transformation from male to female and back.
*C'mon, I said HIT me!: Almost, but not quite, Ranma-esque toughness.
Quirks:
*To hell with this...: Dislike for complicated solutions, short attention span, violence prone.
* BFG eatcher heart out.: Fan and end user of advanced people-hurting technology.
*I'm a Sergeant, I WORK for a living!: Avoids as much contact with "big decisions" as possible.
*Yeah, I'm him, sorta.: Retain's KJ's memories and skillsets (and vice versa) even if they each put them to different uses.
*How do you get blood out of a Hawaiian shirt?: Retains KJ's weird "fashion" sense too.
A.C. Peters a.k.a. Attim, The Rock Doc (Cybers), The Scarlet Angel (Supers), Sailor/Lady Mars, Mars-sama (unofficially by the Senshi, because A.C. REALLY discourages it), That Poor Sod (at least once by everyone who knows about The Accident)
Written By: Cobalt Greywalker
Appearance: Looks like Attim MZak from Seraphic Feather.
I can make you talk: A.C. was a Telecommunications engineer before the Wave hit, and can work wonders with them now. It also makes her great at SIGINT.
Sometimes Im a gruff dock worker: Has mastered the mundane methods of disguise and infiltration.
IF x THEN y ELSE z: Was a software engineer by training, and since lifting helps out the fennish Open Source community. Has a knack for finding the tricky-to-find bugs, usually right when she didnt want to.
That was someone else: Spends a lot of time downplaying her reputation. It is the only reason shes not a BNF.
Wavium Abilities:
Dont call me a Sexaroid!: Total conversion cyborg, with MASSIVE Handwavium assist (see Ride the Wave? I AM the Wave). Is FULLY anatomically correct, and all her biological systems apparently work as normal. A.C. is rather scared to find out if shes fertile.
Dont call me the T-X either!: Possesses the typical full borg bonuses; highly boosted speed and strength, enhanced senses, and frankly scary increased reaction times. Can also multi-task, has a wave-boosted computer in her head, and perfect memory.
Ride the Wave? I AM the Wave: Her body is almost completely artificial, consisting of about 97% Handwavium in various states (see History and Quirks).
I will NOT say Honey Flash!': Due to the large amounts of Handwavium in her body, she can change virtually all parts of her appearance (see Quirks), and several areas of soft tissue.
Flesh of the Sculptor, freely given: If using only her bodys wavium, A.C. gets a MASSIVE increase in her success rate. However this only works for her. For anyone else, at best nothing happens. At worst it UTTERLY CORRUPTS the project (see History). It also takes a while to regenerate the wavium used, so she saves this for emergencies.
Quirks:
I read a lot, OK?: Avid reader.
Does this make me look fat?: A.C.s body masses 2 and a half metric tonnes, but due to the IVA belt A.C. had been wearing at the time of The Accident has an apparent weight of only 160kg (twice A.C.s original weight).
Her lips are venomous Poison: Due to the vast amounts of Handwavium that make up her body, a kiss might be enough to trigger a biomod in a person (depending on how much Handwavium theyve been exposed to). Lets not mention her bodily fluids
Im not bad, Im just drawn that way: Cannot change her body shape to be anything other than an extremely sexy and well endowed female.
Shes a girl whos always in fashion: Cant wear anything less showy than a low-cut AND low buttoned dress shirt, figure hugging dress slacks, and smart low-healed boots. In public, shes compelled to wear more attractive and more revealing clothing depending on how public the situation is. Underwear is even worse.
Voice like a Horny Angel: Due to her disrupted bio-systems, randomly goes into Heat every 24 hours, which NEEDS to be dealt with or nymphomania sets in. Given her other attributes this could be quite nasty.
I will NOT wear THAT!: Does not do cosplay since the problems at Kandor-Con.
Dont call me that!: A.C. was convinced to cosplay as Sailor Mars at Kandor-Con. That lasted five hours until she could finally ditch the rampaging hoard of fan-Senshi following her and change. The Senshi seem to have unofficially decided to call her Sailor Mars, but its unofficial because A.C. REALLY dislikes it.
Humm CHEESECAKE: Is pretty much addicted to the stuff, and gets VERY cranky if she doesnt get some. Only hand baked will do though.
Me, Myself, and Irene: Has wavium induced Multiple Personality Disorder. They are:
A.C. Who is in control most of the time
Attim MZac Attim usually deals with the business (investigation, infiltration, and combat) side and can take over without A.C. noticing to act. A.C. finds this quite scary, unless shes in danger whereupon everyone else finds her quite scary.
Mistress Darkeyes Usually starts to come out when A.C. goes into heat. Will also come out if A.C. gets REALLY mad, or if someone needs interrogating. Shes a sadistic, uninhibited, hedonistic, nymphomaniac dominatrix of a seductress. Shes also scarily good with a whip.
It also looks like a fourth personality is developing, which A.C doesnt like but the others find amusing given that the emergent personality wants a high draw strength collapsible bow and tracer arrows
What did you say?: Has a habit of swearing by other factions beliefs.
Who are you?: The Accident has left her memory before it quite fuzzy. She remembers his youth and initial Handwavium research much as a normal person would though, but between then and The Accident Skills learned during this time seem unaffected, but as A.C. cant remember them they only get used in an emergency.
Oh, thats who you are. OW! My brain hurts: Once given a clear reminder, her brain clears up the memories to the perfect recall she now has. It gives her a severe headache though.
Factions: Cybers and Supers, although she tries hard to be a Generalist. The Senshi consider her one of them as well.
History:
A.C. was born male and was the son of career military officer. As far as anyone can tell, A.C. was one of the first three people to find Handwavium, but was much more cautious with it. Playing with the solid and referencing what little came up on the Internet, he had some reasonable success with simple applications (solar power by painting boards with the stuff, and a rock eating variant that left all useful minerals and tended to work in rectangular blocks), but it wasnt until he accidentally dribbled some goop on a hand from a shop mannequin and ended up with The Thing from the Adams Family for three days until it stopped that he thought about making artificial limbs for people. Reverse engineering the now stationary hand and using the principles therein, he put together an artificial arm for a friend who had lost one in a car accident and a semi-legal contract for him to sign. It worked, even if it biomodded his friend and the arm transformed into something youd have seen on a BGC2032 style 55-C boomer and constantly played whatever rock tune was on any radio station in the world directly into his friends ear.
Whilst refining the design to use the least amount of wavium necessary and be more realistic (and reduce the quirks) he met Fred Ferdinand and got some funding and some enthusiastic test subjects (A.C. was much more cautious about the procedure).
However the Professors jaunt around Europe sent the countries of the European Union into a frenzy of legislation and A.C. ended up putting much of his stuff in storage and his house under the control of a newly started Helios Holdings, then lifting for space himself. Once up he found himself an asteroid and set up shop.
It was while working here that he suffered what has come to be known in Fenspace as The IVA Accident (A.C. just calls it The Accident, which causes eavesdroppers to get confused with The Accident which DUANE Peters had with fermented wavium. You need to know who you are talking about). Whilst doing some work in 2009 on a pulley mechanism for dipping large items in wavium, his IVA belt went spectacularly out of control and failed, leaving a cut and bruised A.C. to fall into a large tank of near-pure Handwavium he had been using for cybernetic construction and get knocked out (Handwavium goop is not soft, especially when fallen on).
According to the camera monitoring system A.C. had set up, he sank into the goop and over the course of a day the goop decreased until A.C had totally absorbed it. It was obvious even then that A.C. had suffered the second most dramatic wavium biomod (after Wave Convoy) ever seen. (It also proved that the Slapstick Effect applied to liquid wavium, something which is kept quiet as biomoding would become a problem.) Waking up in a totally clean tank, A.C. noticed his changes and proceeded to freak out.
Once he had calmed down, he proceeded to awaken a wave AI (called Libbie) in his bases computer system, rapidly enhanced it, then got to work on an assistant which eventually culminated in Kasumi. A.C. ended up quickly following Kasumi with Andy, and later on Greenpeace.
As much as A.C. likes Greenpeace, she will always hold a grudge against her for talking A.C. into cosplaying as Sailor Mars at Kandor-Con, where she ended up running from an army of fan-Senshi for several hours before she lost them and managed to change clothes. Ever since, whenever she leaves her asteroid she does so in disguise. This means she encounters more Boskonians than she otherwise would, as they try to avoid her after her outright slaughter of several crews who attacked ships or bases she was on.
A.C. has a massive success rate in wave effects when using only her own bodies wavium. This only works for her however, as she gave some samples to trusted people to test. Nothing happened when they tried using the samples. However when a guy stole a sample and eventually used it to biomod himself, the investigators who found his body after his suicide described the result as like a Joker Squared, even Cubed and shudder before going and getting very drunk.

Kasumi
Written by: Cobalt Greywalker
Appearance: Looks like a cross between Kasumi from the Dead Or Alive game, and Kasumi Tendo.
The way to a mans heart is through his stomach: Excellent cook.
Welcome home Dear!: Very much a housewife.
Dr. Tofu, can I borrow some books?: Is learning traditional Eastern medical practices.
Wavium Abilities:
I know the Iron-Skin defence: Wave AI android.
I am a shadow: Kunoichi
Quirks:
Come with me Dear: Kasumi is more willing to put up with A.C.s Heat moments than A.C.
Boo! Sorry: Has a habit of sneaking up on people and surprising them.
History:
Kasumi was the first android A.C. built after The Accident, trying to keep her newly emergent quirks in check.
Kasumi usually wears a skimpy outfit based on the DOA character of the same names costumes with a frilly house apron, and says Oh My! a lot. She maintains the asteroid base as clean as a sterilised surgical scalpel, which can be annoying to the others. She also takes care of the asteroids defences.
While all of those there have medical talents, Kasumi has been learning Eastern traditional medicine, mostly pressure points, and acupuncture.

Adonis Andy McMurdo
Appearance: Looks like the model for Michelangelos The Thinker crossed with an Ancient Greek Olympian.
Thats interesting: Spends a lot of time contemplating ideas.
The names Bond. James Bond: Can be the ultimate charmer.
Wheres my Periodic Table?: With his sense of smell, has become a reasonable and wide ranging chemist.
Wavium Abilities:
Hes a work of art: Wave AI android.
Lavender soap?: Has the sense of smell of a bloodhound.
Was that supposed to do something?: Pretty much immune to impact and temperature (see Quirks).
Quirks:
This is so freeing: Usually walks around nude.
Aye lassie. This is how a man should be: If he HAS to wear something, its usually a kilt and leather sandals. JUST those.
Ah... Bonnie Scotland: Has a Scottish accent.
History:
Andy was made shortly after Kasumi, during A.C.s initial manifestation of her wave quirks and as a counterbalance to Kasumi. Unfortunately, his statuesque physique lives up to its description, being as it is far more solid than Kasumis. In fact he can take most forms of gunfire and melee weapon impacts without damage, and seems pretty much immune to extreme temperature. This also means he walks around nude nearly all of the time, which is distracting and can get him in trouble in most places.
In public, he wears a kilt and leather sandals, playing to the Scottish accent he has. But, as a few adventurous Senshi have found to their embarrassment, ONLY those. He is also the consummate charmer (something A.C. believes was put in to soothe her sensibilities from her change).
Adonis also possesses a highly developed sense of smell, which makes him popular with station security services. It has also led him to take up chemistry.

Greenpeace Crolis
Appearance: A perfectly proportioned 56/168cm elfin fairy with green skin, green hair, green eyes (with pale green whites), and four insect like wings. Greenpeace is usually dressed in filmy and lacy lingerie and stockings.
Green thumb, and hands, and arms: THE consummate gardener.
You, I like: Can read a persons personality in a few moments. This makes her an excellent judge of character, so much so that her approval of a person can stop arrests and cause a re-evaluation of evidence (but only if Greenpeace is seen to approve in public though. Those who lie about approval tend to get worse punishments).
Wavium Abilities:
Yes, Im Green. So?: Wave AI bioroid.
Hello, Tinkerbell: Has flight capabilities.
I like the solitude: Can easily survive in hard vacuum, although this is kept secret.
The airs so crisp: Is a natural, and massively effective, atmospheric control system. This is due in part to the fact she photosynthesizes highly effectively.
Poison Ivy: Can produce a variety of chemicals, including knockout gasses, aphrodisiacs, narcotics, and touch-delivered nerve toxins. Also produces a handwavium variant that both produces power and photosynthesizes oxygen in sufficient quantities to coat 100 square meters a week.
Quirks:
: Does not talk. AT ALL. Yet seems to be perfectly able to discuss detailed scientific theories and otherwise make herself clear, even to Mundanes. The more wavium in your body, the less you notice she isnt speaking.
Death from abo-OOPH!: Greenpeace is nigh infamous for her flying tackle-hugs on those she likes.
Persona VERY grata: Due to her abilities as an atmospheric control system, nearly every Fenspace and non ground-based Dane jurisdiction considers her a visiting diplomat. Thus an attack on her person is usually met with the full force of all resources available, and nearly every faction will help out if they can.
History:
After finally getting used to her new body, and things had settled down, A.C. started looking into how the systems shed put into Kasumi and Andy worked with a view to making them a bit more self-repairing and self-sufficient.
Eventually she got round to trying some ideas out, and with less haste than before constructed a more biologically based android. She also wanted a more peaceful person around.
Greenpeace runs the horticultural side of operations on the asteroid, which endears her to Kasumi. She is more than willing to use this and her faade of innocence to get A.C. to do things, but after Kandor-Con finds this much harder.
Surprisingly, Greenpeaces wings allow her to fly (in the same sort of way waved cars fly, via a contra-gravity effect), and her inherent ability to photosynthesize allows her to survive in hard vacuum without a suit. A.C. has Greenpeace keep this last a secret, as it would make Greenpeace a target for those who want to duplicate it.
People tend not to notice, but Greenpeace doesnt talk. A.C. assures people that the equipment is all there. This doesnt stop her having long conversations with groups of people. A.C. with help from others including the Professor (after forcefully explaining that he couldnt borrow her in the name of Science!, no matter how much he tried) have developed the theory that Greenpeace has somehow reversed her bodys Handmavium Impression abililty (the bit that makes it respond to a persons desires) in a directed fashion. This doesnt seem to be telepathy (much to some disappointment) but a local synchronisation of individual bio-electric processes to quote the Professor. Most think it has something to do with Handwaviums ability to communicate internally, given that people with increasing levels of wavium in them notice less and less in proportion that Greenpeace isnt talking and are disbelieving when this is pointed out.

Frederic Full Byte Ferdinand
Written By: Cobalt Greywalker
Appearance: 57/170cm, thinning and greying dirty brown hair, grey-blue eyes, early-middle age, slightly (but not noticeably) overweight.
I think I can help you: CEO of Helios Holdings (Galactic), the most successful Earth-based Fen-Dane technology transfer company.
Blue Blazer #255: No-one knows if it was luck or Buckaroo that he ended up with that number, but it is the source of his nickname.
I never seem to have travel problems: Seems to be the unofficial diplomatic courier between Fenspace and Danelaw, with attendant privileges. This annoys Fred, as no-one will tell him how it happened.
Wavium Abilities:
Bring me a Warriors drink!: Has the only working artificial liver known to exist. Freds pretty much immune to poisons, but he cant get drunk anymore. And the doctors assure him that the wrinkles are just from stress.
Rush Job? Certainly: Can find and deliver ANYTHING within 24 hours to anywhere on Earth, if necessary (See Quirks).
Quirks:
Six degrees of separation? Try two.: Seems to personally know, or personally knows someone who personally knows, the heads of every organisation that deals in wavetech, and quite a few inventors.
Deep Cover: The Blue Blazers refer to him ONLY by his nickname, he can not be found on the public roles, and only Buckaroo seems to contact him. Fred doesnt know if this is a good thing or not.
For Queen and Country: While based in Australia, Fred still actively maintains his British citizenship and English accent.
This? Its an Old PDA: Since his poisoning, always carries a waved PDA that scans for toxins.
Factions: General/All
History:
Fred is one of those people who knows a good thing and goes for it. Hes also scientifically inclined, so has a reasonable idea of the potential of wavetech. By virtue of hard work and some fortunate contacts he has built up Helios Holdings into what is probably the Earth-based leader in Handwavium technology, even if the Dane governments claim to be more advanced.
This success has led to a few attempts on his life, the most successful of which was the poisoning attempt in 2010. Fortunately, A.C. was (secretly) meeting with him and whipped out the (non-operational) model of the artificial liver shed brought along (to try and get funding for, given the success of her cybernetic limbs), and forced a biomod with her bodys wavium.
It took twelve hours to work, but that was eleven hours more than the poison would have given him.
As of Operation: Great Justice, Fred is working on tracing the Boskonians money trail using his contacts.
Edited to take in Ebony's comment.
Quote:
Deep Cover: The Blue Blazers ONLY know him by his nickname, and only Buckaroo contacts him. Fred doesnt know if this is a good thing or not.
Umm... no. The Institute tracks and deals with each and every member of the organization equally. If they don't, the Frequency doesn't work. He can be off the public rolls, but he's not an unknown agent. If you're a member of the Blue Blazers, you can find out the identity of any other member of the organization. Sometimes, you have to.Ebony the Black Dragon
Ebony the Black Dragon

I've edited that part. Hopefully that covers what was meant with what you say is how the system works.
Quote:
I've edited that part. Hopefully that covers what was meant with what you say is how the system works.
That works. I hope to provide a demonstration of the Global Frequency in the next section of TABB. In the meantime, if you have access to "Global Frequency" by Warren Ellis (released by DC Comics on the Vertigo line), it will give you an idea of how the Institute accesses its members for information.Ebony the Black Dragon
Ebony the Black Dragon

Thought I posted this already, but it apparently got pushed aside while I was busy with classwork. (Hurray for mixing college and full time work)
Andrew Fauho, written by LilFluff
*No I don't want to yiff, y'perv - Andrew may be a furry, but that does not translate into the 'hump anything that moves' stereotype that many, even among the fen, expect
*It's an honorable weapon... Back in college he took fencing and enjoyed it a great deal. Since then he has picked up a variety of melee weapons.
*...but who said this was a knife fight? - Which is not to say Andrew won't use a gun if it makes sense. He even tries to get at least one day of practice in each week with his favorite single shot target pistol.
*Mind and Body - After letting his body go for a few years out of college Andrew became serious about his health. Starting up a program combining T'ai Chi, a return to fencing, and meditation.
*Almost, give it one more try... - While some may wonder what moment of insanity made him agree to teach and coach kids, he does enjoy helping others learn and improve themselves. Some might even say he's good at it.
'Wavium Abilities:
*What? Did you think I was born like this? - Andrew is actually a limited shape shifter, although many people don't realize this. He took his time learning what he could about wavium induced biomods and then sought out the assistance of a member of anime fandom who had helped a few catgirls gain their new bodies. He was aiming for the ability to shift on demand between an anthro-fox and human, and in a sense he can. It's just that the shift either way takes as much as 48 hours (he can push the shift faster, at the cost of increasing the severity of the side effects) and leaves him feeling like he has combined the flu with a little pummeling. After a few failed attempts to avoid the complications with medicines, he now avoids the complications by shifting as seldom as possible.
Quirks:
*Baka! How many tails do you count back there? Despite being an anime fan he tends to become annoyed when people think he's trying to be a kitsune. You can only hear so many jokes about 'kitsune balls' before they become very, extremely, annoyingly old.
*Sorry, still looking for Miss Right - Andrew doesn't merely violate other peoples expectation of a sexually loose furry, he is in fact celibate. Some of it is religious and some of it just the set of life rules he has made for himself. But pushing him on the matter is a quick way to make sure you aren't Miss Right.
*These are expensive, I can't just toss them! - A side effect of the wavium transformation means that he's no longer nearsighted. Which bleeping well bugged the bleep out of him since he'd dropped a good deal of money on some custom made pince-nez glasses. He has replaced the prescription lenses with slightly tinted non-prescription lenses. One of these days he hopes to get some sort of wavium enhancement done to them, but he hasn't decided just what to try for yet.
*Bleep is so a perfectly fine expletive - As are drat, darn, crud, Michigan, politician, and many other fine euphemisms. Oh her certainly drops some real four letter words at times. When you do hear one, you know he really truly means it. He isn't one to spoil the shock and cathartic value of a real expletive through over use.
Faction: Senshi (and to a degree the highly fractured and split among other factions Furries)
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.
Open Character
Winry Rockbell

Winry Rockbell, Nee Josephine Taylor, was born and raised in Missouri, and grew up as the sole, tomboy daughter of a farmer, as her mother died in childbirth. When her father passed away (died from a stroke, 'doc claims he basically just saw a flash of light.. and was gone), Josephine sold the farm and hitched a ride 'Up'.
The Winry Rockbell thing came about after her first real exposure to fandom, an unofficial home-brew 'Becons We Con' on The Island, and at 3am, surrounded by fisherbots, she had an epihany.
like most Fen, her blood-caffeine, blood-sugar, and blood-pocky levels at the time of this epiphany were most likely nearly cosmic.
Since then, she's taken on the 'persona' of Winry, from Fullmetal Alchemist, and it wasn't that big of a stretch. Her upbringing has given her a fairly in-depth real-world knowledgebase of hardtech in heavy and light machinery, and her interests were already taking her towards biomechanical engineering. After her 'change', as she calls it, she began an accelerated course of study, what was laughingly referred to as a "Journeyman Ronin" phase in a bar.
Not surprisingly, it worked. She's a master level cybernetic repair and interface specialist, and a dab hand at cybernetic prosthesis design. She's maintained her larger-scale engineering skills as well, and is a "fair to middlin" mechanic at most any scale.
Winry is that rarest of rare breeds in Fenspace, a well-balanced individual. She's almost always happy, and has no major 'triggers', or even major traumas to _be_ triggered. Just.. don't be stupid with your cybernetics, or you'll hear about it!
Winry's past is a wide-open book to those who have become close to her, and she has nothing, really, to hide. She tends to wear her heart on her sleeve, even if she isn't as exuberant and outwardly emotive as some of the wilder Fen. She is quite pleased with the idea of marrying in the 'conventional, boring, American' sense of the term, and has her eye out for the "Right Man", but is in no hurry to find him, and wants a long relationship and engagement. Winry wants childern, but only after at least a year of marriage (no sense rushing in, she says)
Quirks:
Can We Fix It?: Well trained and skilled diagnostician.
Yes We Can!: Well trained and skilled in cybernetic repair
It's just like a tractor: Experienced, but untrained, in light duty machinery (ex, farm equipment, civilian automotive)
Maybe if I move the frammistat...: Moderately skilled cybernetic design engineer.
Well, that explains the excruciating pain.. : Well trained and skilled cybernetic interface mechanic.

Wavium Abilities:
None. She's a "Virgin", but she is not ignorant of the workings of handwavium.
Physical Abilities:
Normal human, 'knack' for zero-g maneuvering (non-combat)
Quirks:
Yeah.. that's.. nice: Winry is not precisely a social butterfly, and will tend to disappear when the more 'exuberant' 'Fen start acting out..
Eat Pie, Villian!: ...unless there's a food fight involved.
You did WHAT with that?!!!?!: Winry has one reliable rage-trigger, and that's abuse of cyberware.
Actually, no, I don't want a drink: Winry, while not being a total teetotaler, avoids excessive amounts of alcohol. She generally sticks to one beer every 2.5 hours, but can keep up that pace all night.
I can pencil you in next week, will that work?: Winry is kept busy as can be by her Cybers contacts, who generate the lion's share of her workload. Between that and her social life, non-Cybers work generally has a lead time.
Putt-Putt's just fine, OK?: Winry's Vespa, affectionately dubbed 'Putt-Putt', is a nondescript little vehicle, but it serves Winry's needs. She is not terribly interested in automotive tech, and can be put off by those who are (excessively, anyway).
Faction Affiliations:
Winry is a S.S.A.M. reservist, and has (barely) attained 'acceptable' marksmanship with a pistol (9mm auto), which she carries with her.. but almost never _on_ her.
++Cybers
++Senshi
++BBI
++Grover's Corners
+The Island (Residence)
+Space Rocks, Inc
+Hephaestus
-Professor
-Morden
----Boskone

Winry has purchased a second-hand "Space Vespa", and accompanying suit. The vehicle in question is neither very fast nor very powerful, but is capable of towing a surprisingly large mass. Reactionless unique handwavium drive system, .05c max sustained, no FTL, single spinal-mounted coilgun, no defensive fields. Her suit is an early-model "Fen Special", and is also fairly unremarkable, save for its impressive number of pockets containing tools. All of her equipment is well maintained, clean, and operational.

Feel free to deliver suggestions or feedback - she's an open character that just showed up in my brainmeats.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
List of Blue Blazer Irregulars
In the interest of keeping things straight, here's a list of the Blue Blazers that I currently have used, have on file, or have been established. Feel free to edit this list.
------------------------------------------------
BBI Current Roster
Blackstone
Nezumi
J.
Chaos
Mrs. Johnson
Sensei
Earl Big Daddy Roth (posthumous)
W. D. Richter (Honorary)
Earl Mac Rauch (Honorary)
Tallyho (London)
PC Patel ("civilian" identity; no other name mentioned)
Master Leep (Hong Kong)
Radical (J.s fiance; works with BBI West in California)
Wanda Green
Tonka
Booster
Holly Golightly (Holly G.)
JJ
Screech
Bob
Frank
Max
Madcap (Rugsucker)
Fenris (Rugsucker)
Ogre (London)
John Steed (London)
Emma Peel (London)
Don Tracey
Jonathan "Hound" Mulder
Tommy Eight-Fingers (Australia)
Frederic Full Byte Ferdinand (Written by Cobalt Greywalker)
Ebony the Black Dragon
Ebony the Black Dragon

Re: List of Blue Blazer Irregulars
Other BBIs that have been mentioned in various stories:
Ticonderoga (BBI #75, Rugsucker (maybe Rugsucker leader?))
Joe Friday (BBI #313, Kandor City Police Department officer - open character, mentioned by Rob Kelk)
Jonathon Helscher (written by Herr Bad Moon)

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk

Mulder's first name is James, his BBI # is 1302.
Also missed Jonas Salk - don't know if he'd be a BBI, but he _is_ rather irregular.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Quote:
Jonathon Helscher (written by Herr Bad Moon)
Not that I mind having a journalis-- er, seeker of truth as a member, but I don't remember Helscher being mentioned as a BBI. Did I miss the thread?Ebony the Black Dragon
Ebony the Black Dragon

I know I didn't make it up, but I can't spot the thread now...
Edit: Found it - Herr Bad Moon's first "Jonathon Helscher" story. "Faction: Technically none, though Jonathon is a member of the Blue Blazer Irregulars."

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk

You know, it occurs to me that Master Leep and Emma Peel should never be in the same room together, lest they mutually annihiliate in a catastrophic release of energy...

-- Bob
---------
Yes, Buckaroo has considered asking the two to collaborate on researching the theoretical Leep-Peel reaction, but fears that such a joint effort might have unpredictable effects. He fears that there might be a handwavium quirk that none of them know about.
Or he could just be yanking your chain. Sometimes, it's hard to tell.Ebony the Black Dragon
Ebony the Black Dragon